Number of Entries

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Goober
I'm new!

Number of Entries

Post by Goober »

According to the rules page, "contestants are limited to submitting ONE video per category. There is no other limit to the total number of submissions." But the submission form only allows for up to 2 videos. Which is correct, and if the rules are, how should I submit a third video?
Luscia
Experienced Poster

Re: Number of Entries

Post by Luscia »

I noticed this too and am a little curious about it.
Anime Boston 2014 Drama Entry-Sealing My Fate
Anime Boston 2015 Drama Entry- Living Legacy, Romance Entry- Love is Love
Anime Boston 2016 Fun/Comedy Entry-1000 Provisions, Action Entry- Badass Freakin Overlords, Dood!
Anime Boston 2017 Other Entry- We Remember Legends
Anime Boston 2018 Roance Entry- Don't Take Your Eyes off Me
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Number of Entries

Post by LantisEscudo »

This was a copy and paste error I made when doing the rewrite of the rules this year, and the web team has already been contacted to get it corrected.

Editors are still limited to contributing to two entries total, either as the sole editor or as part of a collaboration, and can contribute to only one entry in a category.
ex. If an editor collaborates with someone on a drama entry and also submits a drama entry, the second one to be submitted will be disqualified. But if they collaborate on a drama entry and also submit a romance entry, they're fine.
ex.2: If an editor collaborates on an entry and submits two entries on their own, the last to be submitted will be disqualified.

Thanks for pointing it out, and I'm sorry for the confusion.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects