AB 2014 Finalist Emails have been sent

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
otakuforlife
AB Staff

Re: AB 2014 Finalist Emails have been sent

Post by otakuforlife »

Submitting second video the dark lord will be very pleased :)
Brian Auxier

2024 Karaoke Co-Coordinator
2024 General Helper
2024 AMV Dinner Host
Retired AMV Creator
Songbird21
Expert Poster

Post by Songbird21 »

I haven't gotten an email either way. Can you resend please Adam?
otakuforlife
AB Staff

Post by otakuforlife »

I'm pretty sure they just emails to the winning entries.
Brian Auxier

2024 Karaoke Co-Coordinator
2024 General Helper
2024 AMV Dinner Host
Retired AMV Creator
Songbird21
Expert Poster

Post by Songbird21 »

I've always gotten an email even if I didn't make it in previous years.
mikami
Determined Poster

Post by mikami »

Songbird21 wrote:I've always gotten an email even if I didn't make it in previous years.
Has it been a long time since you haven't made the contest? I've been submitting since 2009 and Adam only sent emails to the actual finalists.
Cosplays-2007,2008(Misato/Evangelion), 2009(Lucy/Elfen Lied), 2010(SIM), 2011(gothic SIM), 2012(Mara Jade), 2013(female mandalorian), 2014(female mandalorian, Alice(OUATIW)

AMV's-2011(Adversity), 2013(Animosity of the Feline Species)

H-AMV's-2009(The Hentai King), 2010(Yaoi Love), 2011(Supertight), 2012(Share the Load)
Warlike Swans
Expert Poster

Post by Warlike Swans »

I asked this on the masquerade forum but received no reply; does someone think they'd be able to stream the masquerade?

I was involved in the Iron editor last year, and between that and the masquerade Saturday was really brutal. I didn't get to finish my lunch until almost 11 at night. If someone could stream the masquerade, or at least the AMV winners, they would be a hero to me.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison
NSilverwolf
AB Staff

Post by NSilverwolf »

We do not have the ability to stream the Masquerade and are unlikely to do so in the future (for several years behind the scenes we've been trying to sort out a solution testing short range webcasts of events into one of the staff work areas, but it's not possible at this time to do something like stream it into the Sheraton for instance). Crew from that department can speak to the specifics of what they've tried in the past (I'm not super familiar with networking and webstreaming on a technical level). Part of it has to do with the amount of people using the bandwidth in the Hynes in general which very effectively cuts off the ability to stream anything reliably.

Since the Masquerade has not reached full capacity in several years, it has not been a high priority. In past years we have simulcast into Hall D but now find it more effective to offer counter programming.

Usually, one of your fellow editors is posting on the forums here as the AMV winners are announced. They are also replayed again at Closing Ceremonies (the AB tradition to end the weekend from a programming standpoint).

Saturday is traditionally the most busy day of the weekend, when there are often too many things to do and not enough time to do them in. Even the staff are spread thin.

I'd recommend packaging a bunch of small things you can eat along during the day if you can't get time to have a full "meal". I usually carry around a few granola bars, a few pieces of fruit, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I can eat in the quick intervals I have a break (on Saturday many staff don't leave the auditorium from early morning until after the concerts are wrapped up around 1AM).

Also, drink lots of water it definitely will help you keep going in a building that is notoriously dry.
Nicole Acevedo
New England Anime Society Board of Directors 2012-2023
Live Video Productions Manager 2011-2022
Staff since 2004
Warlike Swans
Expert Poster

Post by Warlike Swans »

If the masquerade doesn't fill up this year, would I be able to just grab a seat in the back after the event is already well underway?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

TBH, I can't believe the cons that do live streams of things take that kind of risk - they almost surely don't pay off the right people in the music industry for rebroadcasting rights of any song that happens to occur.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)