Had a nasty hit of bad luck last Saturday.

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Had a nasty hit of bad luck last Saturday.

Post by Sayoria »

I am curious about the chances of a delay again this year. I know we are to work like it is the final day, but I assume, but won't go to assume indefinitely, that there may be a delay, like usual?

If any year this is needed for me, it would be this one. Pisses me off to say it, but I started very early, and was close to finished with two videos, and due to a freak accident at work, I had a heavy cabinet door fall off a hinge, and smacked my laptop with a sharp hard corner, right into my harddrive, and I lost everything. I recently just picked up a new laptop, which I am currently on, and it's going to be a photo finish at this rate.

So, Adam, if you are there, now at all looking for pity, but more if this two month-before-con deadline is for that "can we have a delay?" request we get every year? I hope to finish by February (Because I remember both of my video layouts pretty clearly), and hell, should have been done any day now, but could we be looking into this possibility as well again?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: Had a nasty hit of bad luck last Saturday.

Post by Elli21486 »

Ouch
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yeah, tell me about it. Was loving it. The redo of it is coming out okay, but it looks so off to me now. Had the HDD examined though, and the guy told me it was "toast", so... yeah. Just hoping I can get at least ONE video presentable by then.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

When you wrote toast, did you mean the PCB board burned? If so, then you can get all your content back if that was the case. However, it will cost you (probably $150) and a new HDD. If the plates were toast, then you have no chance of getting anything back.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

To be honest, I am not sure. I know computer stuff, but nothing hardware related. Either way, the same night I lost my laptop, I went and bought another, and strange enough, I managed to catch back up. I actually have my romance video finished again almost perfectly and maybe even better. My F/U video is about done, and honestly, it's looking better too. I actually think I will be fine. Only issue this time is my rendering is coming out blocky at times this time. I don't know why. And Sony Vegas has this nasty issue with some of my footage *Certain specific episodes every time* where footage just blacks out completely. I looked it up online, and it's a common glitch with the program, so I have to reboot the program, open it, render, and HOPE for the best.

So, yeah, outside of that, I think I am in good standings now. :) ... I'd definitely love to get my HDD data back, but I know nothing in relation to it.