Programs

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Programs

Post by Mama Undertaker »

I am looking for a cheap (free is even better) but really good Video maker. ANy one got any suggestion.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Programs

Post by LantisEscudo »

There really aren't any good free options, unless you're willing to spend pretty insane amounts of time typing AviSynth commands.

For cheap options, Sony Vegas can be had for as little as $50 for the less-fully-featured or older versions, and Adobe Premiere Elements costs $100 ($150 can also get you a bundle of Premiere and Photoshop Elements). Lightworks has a very crippled free version, and a $60/year version that's better, but it's far from ready for prime time IMO.

Most other cheapware really doesn't work well for the tight timing that AMVs rely on, so either Vegas or Premiere Elements is probably your best bet. Good luck, and I hope we'll be seeing you submit to the contest!
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects