New AMV events in the region

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

New AMV events in the region

Post by basharoftheages »

So, I sent out a number of PMs to a bunch of you along the same lines over the past few weeks, but I was having difficulty ensuring I got to everyone. I spoke with the gracious webmaster and was given the ok to post this here for everyone...

Anyways, As some of you may know, I've been given the opportunity to run an AMV / fandub parody room at Another Anime Con this year (Oct 19-21 Manchester NH). It's a hundred person room, and we're going to be doing almost 50 hours of programming in it across the whole of the weekend. Because of this we're expanding AMV events quite a bit, and I wanted to make people aware that I've opened up some sign-ups for several events.
  • Extreme Iron Editor - I'm looking for contestants, judges, etc. Time is tentatively Saturday around noon for approximately 3 hours.
  • 18+ (hentai) Iron Editor - It was requested, I'm expecting those people that get Adam those great videos every year might step up for the challenge. I want to say the format probably won't include challenges like EIE does (because anything thematically appropriate might get people arrested for public indecency) but it will include a lot of vids (many by those same wonderful people). It'll be 2.5 hours on Saturday night.
  • AMV Creator Spotlights - I'm looking for up to 8 people for this. Creators Spotlights are blocks of time where you, the AMV editor, can spend some time showing off your own work and discussing it with the audience. Time blocks will be 15-20 minutes in length per person (depending on the number of people we have signing up). These will be starting sometime near noon on Friday.
  • AMV Creators Panel - I'm looking for up to 8 people for this. The AMV Creators Panel is a moderated panel-style discussion about AMVs. All experience levels are welcome. The format will be a mix of interview and Q&A with the focus on AMVs, how you make them, what you like, and what you like to do while making them. Time is tentatively set for Friday after the Spotlights finish.
Any questions, comments, sign-ups, etc. can be posted there, via PM here or on the AAC, or amv.org forums, or, I suppose, in this very thread.

Also note the twitter feed in my sig as it's what's going to be used to announce events and provide updates on the room up to and during the con (including winner announcements).
Last edited by kiarrens on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the typo in your subject, BasharoftheAges.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Re: New AMV envents in the region

Clarifications:

* Sign-ups are first-come first served for the Spotlights, but I will take back-ups if there's huge interest.
* Extreme Iron Editor requires use of an editing computer - this year will be a 2v2 format again, so not everyone needs one, but some people will need to provide a system to edit on. That said, if you want to sign up as a team from the get-go, you have a decent shot at getting in.
* It should go without saying, but all people signing up for the 18+ iron editor must be 18+
* I'll let the AMV Creators Panel get pretty large if people are interested. We're only limited by physical space in the front of the room.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Re: New AMV events in the region

This just in: LantisEscudo and myself are going to be giving a preview of things to come at the Fan-Works Theater on September 1st 2012 at the AAC Summer Matsuri in Concord NH.

We're going to be putting on 12+ hours of AMV programming in our own dedicated room. Come hang out and bring your requests.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Still looking for a few more people for Creator Spotlight sign-ups before my room crew snatch up the last ones.

Also, still looking for new blood for Extreme Iron Editor (contestants and judges). Some of our regulars want to step down and give others a shot, but they keep getting pulled back in by the deafening silence.

Hentai Iron Editor has enough contestants, but could use some judges I don't have to trick into accepting the position. :lol:

The Creator's Panel is well stocked with bodies, but I'll keep entertaining the idea of new sign-ups until September.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Ok - last update for this. 2 important bits of news.

1) We have so much on our schedule that we're opening the doors to the Fan-Works theater early. All preregistered attendees are welcome to come by and see what we're all about the Thursday before the con begins. We're running about 6 bonus hours worth of programming Thursday evening/night.

2) I've put together a list of feature events, including some Multi-Editor Projects, Fan Parodies, and live events here: http://www.anotheranimecon.com/forum/vi ... f=5&t=3750
NOlemons
Veteran Poster

Post by NOlemons »

Well now I know where I will be most of the Con, enjoying what could be my favorite part of anime besides the shows.

The woderful amv's

Off to watch Something Wicked This Way Comes on loop
2016 confirms
Fuhrer King Bradley