Idea for a panel/AMV viewing

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Jezzy
Expert Poster

Post by Jezzy »

With the passing of Chester Bennington, I've been reminded of how much of an impact the albums Hybrid Theory and Meteora had on my generation. They gave many a sense of comfort, an outlet, and put teenage angst into words long before some could explain depression themselves.

They also gave birth to thousands of AMVs.

So I was thinking, maybe we could gather up some of the more notable/well done examples of Linkin Park Z et al and put together a showing? It wouldn't be long, since there's only so much LPZ a person can take, but I thought it might be a nice bit of nostalgia for those of us who were following AMVs during that glorious time, as well as pay tribute to Chester.
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Idea for a panel/AMV viewing

Post by LantisEscudo »

We haven't started in-depth planning for next year's blocks and showings in the Fan Creations Track yet, but this went on our brainstorming list of possible ones as soon as we got the news.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
MichaelZed
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MichaelZed »

A quick reminder that 1s should also add themselves to the Facebook event count if possible.
Also is Basher the only one who isnt registered on the event page?