Cosplay Games and Masquerade Applications are closed!

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Cosplay Games and Masquerade Applications are closed!

Post by Kiarrens » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm

All applications for cosplay games and the Masquerade are closed! Go forth and apply via our Cosplay HQ, and please remember that all official cosplay events at Anime Boston MUST abide by the rule that all participants must originate in Japanese media.
  • Preliminary judgments for performance skits have already occurred, but we are still accepting applications up until March 1st! Don't be afraid to apply if you have a great idea for a skit - we are still accepting folks!

• Craftsmanship entries are first come, first serve. I will keep you updated here on how many Craftsmanship slots are remaining. Currently (2/21/2018) we have:
    • 12/12 Novice slots filled ------------Novice Waitlist: 18 FULL
      12/12 Intermediate slots filled ------------Intermediate Waitlist: 10
      10/10 Masters slots filled ------------ Master Waitlist: 1

(Any entries over the limit will be placed on the waitlist until after entries close. We will try to ensure a balanced number of participants per division, but if we don't have enough entries for Masters or Intermediate, those slots will be filled with novice participants.)

• Cosplay Games events will close applications on February 28th. Make sure that you have updated your photos of your costumes by then to ensure the best chance of being chosen!

Because I foresee this question being asked:
Q: If this is first come first serve, why are novices currently being placed on the waitlist when there is still a spot left?
A: This year I'm going to do my best to ensure that the divisions remain balanced. In the past, we have had an over-abundance of novices, and this isn't fair to the novices who are competing. Your chances of winning something (and thereby moving up in the ranks) are much lower if you're competing against 15 people rather than 9. I'm going to do my best to keep the divisions as balanced as I can as people begin to drop out and I start pulling people off the waitlist for each division.
Lyndsey Zusi
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Divison 2019
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

LoveLike
I'm new!

Re: Cosplay Games and Masquerade Applications are online!

Post by LoveLike » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am

How do I sign up for Intermediate?