Prop Weapons.

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
solusskirata
I'm new!

Prop Weapons.

Post by solusskirata » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am

I was wondering if I would be allowed to bring in 2 plastic lightsabers, (Made in Disney), and my Star Wars Clone blaster. With the blaster, I have been admitted into Mohegan Sun, and Northeast Comic Con. I wanted to make sure, because I dont have time for a new cosplay. Thank you for any help.

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Re: Prop Weapons.

Post by Kiarrens » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:52 pm

solusskirata wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am
I was wondering if I would be allowed to bring in 2 plastic lightsabers, (Made in Disney), and my Star Wars Clone blaster. With the blaster, I have been admitted into Mohegan Sun, and Northeast Comic Con. I wanted to make sure, because I dont have time for a new cosplay. Thank you for any help.
The lightsabers will probably be fine (I've seen a lot of people with them). The blaster is a little more iffy, as Boston's pretty nervous about guns in general. We can't tell you definitively whether they will be allowed or not until our security staff has a chance to look them over at the convention.
Lyndsey Zusi
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2017
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009-2014

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

solusskirata
I'm new!

Post by solusskirata » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 am

Okay thank you. I did look at the mass laws (I live in western mass) and it does comply with state standards. It has an orange tip, and has no openings where any bullets/pellets can come out. It can only make lights and sounds.

Ciaobirdie
Experienced Poster

Post by Ciaobirdie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am

You should be fine with both. Last year I had a Kylo Ren lightsaber (just a toy one from Target, nothing fancy) and they tagged it but didn't give me a problem. And a couple years ago I brought two somewhat realistic looking (one of which was pretty big) guns for my Winter Soldier cosplay and again they tagged it but didn't give me a problem. Just to err on the safe side though if you can keep your blaster in a bag or out of sight while you're outside the con that is probably best.
AB '13: Kasane Teto
AB '14: Kasane Teto, Potato GLaDOS, AVPM Draco Malfoy
AB '15: Fem Winter Soldier, SPG Rabbit, Potato GLaDOS
AB '16: Miss Martian, Red Core Rabbit (SPG), Matt the Radar Technician
AB '17: RHPS Columbia, Red Core Rabbit (SPG), Kasane Teto

www.facebook.com/ciaobirdiecosplay