Cosplay games/deathmatch

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
simspet
Getting the hang of this...

Cosplay games/deathmatch

Post by simspet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 am

Quick question, when will staff be letting people know when their choices for who is participating in the cosplay games? Also if you don't get in will staff let people know that as well?

cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Re: Cosplay games/deathmatch

Post by cookiesweet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:30 am

I'm not staff so I can't give a direct answer but, as someone who has participated before I would expect the emails to go out within a week maybe 2 weeks depending on how many applications they got. They usually try to give enough time before the con to prepare and with the extended deadline they'll probably work really hard this week to let us know as soon as possible. They do send out emails if you don't get in or have been waitlisted so don't worry there's no second guessing, and they also update the applications in Cosplay HQ which will also tell you if you've been accepted or not. Hope you get in to what you applied for!
Anime Expo 2012 Chocolat from Sugar Sugar Rune
Anime Boston 2013 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor Sakura
Anime Boston 2014 Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden

Anime Boston 2015 Nui Harime from Kill La Kill
Anime Boston 2016 Belldandy from Oh My Goddess and Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara
Anime Boston 2017 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor and Belldandy from Oh My Goddess
Anime Boston 2018 Goddess Madoka from Madoka Magica, Blossom from PowerPuff Girls and Lum from Urusei Yastura

Rhys Ifane
AB Staff

Re: Cosplay games/deathmatch

Post by Rhys Ifane » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:36 am

simspet wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 am
Quick question, when will staff be letting people know when their choices for who is participating in the cosplay games? Also if you don't get in will staff let people know that as well?
It will vary for each event, but we try to make our selections in the first week after applications close. From there we will begin sending out emails to the applicants informing them if they were accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.
David Burke
Cosplay Games Staff 2014-2017
Cosplay Death Match Coordinator