Application Questions

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Application Questions

Post by TheGlassesGirl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 am

Hi! I'm working on my applications for the Cosplay Games this year and I have two questions:

1. The base shoes I'm using for Sailor Moon won't be arriving in time for the deadline; is it alright if I'm not wearing my shoes in the pictures included in the application? (I can add a reference picture of the shoes if you would like)
2. One of the characters I'm applying with originates from a series of Japanese songs that has been adapted into multiple forms, including an anime and manga. I currently have her listed under "other" for series genre, but should I change it to "anime"?

Sorry if these are common sense questions, and thank you!
-Anime Boston 2015-
Friday/Saturday Morning/Deathmatch/All-Ages Dating Game: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
Friday/Saturday Afternoon/Couples Game: Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Ah, It's a Wonderful Cat's Life! Gumi

-Anime Boston 2017-
Thursday (Pre-Reg): Bad Pearl (Steven Universe)
Friday: Sailor Moon
Saturday morning: Pearl (Steven Universe)
Friday/Saturday afternoon/Sunday: Mary Kozakura (Kagerou Project)

ksmurf
AB Staff

Re: Application Questions

Post by ksmurf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 am

TheGlassesGirl wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 am
Hi! I'm working on my applications for the Cosplay Games this year and I have two questions:

1. The base shoes I'm using for Sailor Moon won't be arriving in time for the deadline; is it alright if I'm not wearing my shoes in the pictures included in the application? (I can add a reference picture of the shoes if you would like)
2. One of the characters I'm applying with originates from a series of Japanese songs that has been adapted into multiple forms, including an anime and manga. I currently have her listed under "other" for series genre, but should I change it to "anime"?

Sorry if these are common sense questions, and thank you!
1. For the photos, I would recommend wearing shoes that are similar (i.e. wear boots if the missing shoes are boots, wear heels if the missing shoes are heels) to give us the best sense for what the costume will look like. Also, if you have a photo of the shoes you are getting, including that picture will be helpful as well.

2. For the genre, where is the design for your costume from? If you're basing the costume off of promo art for the songs, then you can stick with other. If the design is from the anime adaptation, you can go with anime.

I hope this helps!

Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games AV Tech 2016-2017
Attendee: AB04 - AB15

Rhys Ifane
AB Staff

Post by Rhys Ifane » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

Also something to keep in mind, we don't mind so much if a piece or two of your costume isn't in the picture for the sake of making sure your application is submitted in time. If selected to an event, we would probably check in on your periodically to see how things are progressing with finishing touches. What really drives us nuts is when we get an application that is solely a screenshot of the character found on a google image search and a picture of the costume that was clearly used in an EBay auction, because then we literally have zero proof that you are even in possession of any of it.
David Burke
Cosplay Games Staff 2014-2017
Cosplay Death Match Coordinator

TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Post by TheGlassesGirl » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am

Alright, thank you so much!!
-Anime Boston 2015-
Friday/Saturday Morning/Deathmatch/All-Ages Dating Game: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
Friday/Saturday Afternoon/Couples Game: Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Ah, It's a Wonderful Cat's Life! Gumi

-Anime Boston 2017-
Thursday (Pre-Reg): Bad Pearl (Steven Universe)
Friday: Sailor Moon
Saturday morning: Pearl (Steven Universe)
Friday/Saturday afternoon/Sunday: Mary Kozakura (Kagerou Project)