Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kiarrens
The Lone Mod
Posts: 3498
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 pm
Contact:

Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by Kiarrens » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello, everyone!

I hope your year is going fabulously so far, and that you've had lots of delicious pork cutlet bowls (or whatever your dish of choice may be)! I've got an update for you all regarding the current status of the Masquerade!

Image
ALL CONTESTS ARE CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS.


WAITLIST POLICY
Waitlisted entries for the Masquerade are NOT pulled into the contest on a first come, first serve basis. We attempt to fill spots with an eye towards divisional balance. For instance, currently the craftsmanship only section of the Masquerade is very heavily weighted towards Novice entries (there are far more novices than journeymen or masters). This means that the Novice category will be far harder to win an award in! If we have people drop out, we will be attempting to pull in journeyman or masters applicants from the waitlist first in order to try to make the contest more balanced and fair for everyone.

If you have any questions or concerns about the contest this year, please feel free to ask here or email us!
Lyndsey Zusi
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2017
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009-2014


The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

ekalys
I'm new!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by ekalys » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Ah! I can't wait to hear back! Thanks for all the work you guys do.

FiretoIce
Expert Poster
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by FiretoIce » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi
I'm so sorry to be a nag. When will we know what time we're being judged? My costume takes forever to get into and has a lot of makeup. And I'm super panicky about getting a loose schedule down early. I remember filling out a preference on the forum, I am just waiting for confirmation.

Again, sorry and thank you
2017 AB-
San
Boros
Ashiya

User avatar
Kiarrens
The Lone Mod
Posts: 3498
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by Kiarrens » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 pm

FiretoIce wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:04 pm
Hi
I'm so sorry to be a nag. When will we know what time we're being judged? My costume takes forever to get into and has a lot of makeup. And I'm super panicky about getting a loose schedule down early. I remember filling out a preference on the forum, I am just waiting for confirmation.

Again, sorry and thank you
Per the participant timeline at the bottom of the rules, we will not be verifying judging times until March 25th.

"But why so late?!"

Because once the final schedule is announced, people will know when their panels are, or which Cosplay games they were accepted to. They can let us know that so we don't have scheduling conflicts with their judging times. Having to switch people around is MUCH harder once people have already been notified of their times. If you have a lot of makeup or a huge costume that it is difficult to get into, you should let us know ahead of time via email. That way we can make a note in your application that we need to prioritize you for your requested time slot. We will be sending out emails periodically between now and the con asking for information like this. Keep an eye on your inbox.

PLEASE DO BE AWARE that our judging slots for Saturday are SUPER limited. Chances of getting one, if you don't have crazy makeup or a big costume, are slim.
Lyndsey Zusi
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2017
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009-2014


The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Vintage_Auora
I'm new!
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by Vintage_Auora » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 pm

is it possible to still get in on the waitlist?

i was in the middle of working on my application several weeks back but saw it asked for our audio up front. I wasnt able to record it yet so i never submitted my application. went back to sumbit everything and saw applications are gone! :(

User avatar
Nyuu
AB Staff
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:47 am

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by Nyuu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am

Vintage_Auora wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 pm
is it possible to still get in on the waitlist?

i was in the middle of working on my application several weeks back but saw it asked for our audio up front. I wasnt able to record it yet so i never submitted my application. went back to sumbit everything and saw applications are gone! :(
Applications for Masquerade are unfortunately closed at this point, including the waitlist. You're still welcome to get on the waitlist for the Arda contest though.
Brian Belanger
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-18

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

SHUUenpro28
I'm new!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by SHUUenpro28 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 pm

We entered the Arda Wig contest and had requested Friday appointment/schedule. Just need to know if/when we need to bring this costume as we have 2 cosplays for this con and don't want to have to carry both the whole weekend. Will this be posted somewhere? How do we find out what time and where to go, etc?
(shout out to all your volunteers!! THANK YOU)

User avatar
Kiarrens
The Lone Mod
Posts: 3498
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Masquerade & Arda Wigs Contest Update!

Post by Kiarrens » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

SHUUenpro28 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 pm
We entered the Arda Wig contest and had requested Friday appointment/schedule. Just need to know if/when we need to bring this costume as we have 2 cosplays for this con and don't want to have to carry both the whole weekend. Will this be posted somewhere? How do we find out what time and where to go, etc?
(shout out to all your volunteers!! THANK YOU)
You are currently on the waitlist. I'd say you have a good chance of making it in, given how many drop-outs we have had so far...
Lyndsey Zusi
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2017
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009-2014


The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests