Anyone planning some retro couples this year (did u no there was a game for that?!)

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
snapelicious
AB Staff

Anyone planning some retro couples this year (did u no there was a game for that?!)

Post by snapelicious » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Just hit hard in the nostalgia spot by some Touya/Yue fanart and it got me wondering, who're your retro couples? Who do you like, and are you planning a cosplay? And while on that subject, hey, couples game applications are open for 32 more days!
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Match Game Asst. Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017

almightycows
Expert Poster

Re: Anyone planning some retro couples this year (did u no there was a game for that?!)

Post by almightycows » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:54 pm

I had planned on doing a couple's cosplay with my boyfriend, with him as Ash's Butterfree and me as the pink Butterfree from Pokemon. However he's now not going, but I'm still going as pink Butterfree!
2006 - Kikyo (Inuyasha)
2007 - Kikyo (Inuyasha)
2008 - Princess Daisy (Mario series)
2010 - kimono girl
2011 - kimono girl
2012 - Princess Nehema (Eversion)
2014 - Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
2015 - Mega Audino (Pokemon)
2016 - Mega Audino (Pokemon)
2017 - pink Butterfree (Pokemon)

Miaka Kiri
I'm new!

Re: Anyone planning some retro couples this year (did u no there was a game for that?!)

Post by Miaka Kiri » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Not exactly a "couple" but my brother and I will be attending as Hikaru and Wizard from Angelic Layer!
--Miaka

Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 am

My boyfriend and me are doing couples from some retro stuff.....

Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Megaman X and Alia from Megaman X

and

Captain N and Princess Lana - Captain N the game master

We have other costumes but they are not couples on which characters we chose....
Still does not mean you wont see Chris Redfield cheating on Jill with a Rebecca Chambers though.
===========[2017]============
  • Alia - Megaman X ........................Ghostbuster - Ghostbuster
    Rebecca Chambers - Resident Evil....................Riza Hawkeye - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Emi Yusa - Devil is a Part Timer ..................Princess Lana - Captain N
    ....................................Lucy - Fairy Tail......................................

Animelover4life
Determined Poster

Post by Animelover4life » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:53 am

I will be Blue Mary Friday with a Terry Bogart <3 they are from King of Fighters
ab2017
Meiko Mochizuki-100%
Zen-100%
trafalgar law-100%
Blue Mary-90% ( wont have the hip belt)
Hatori Sohma-100%

I am all set for this con woot!

Thrillho
Experienced Poster

Post by Thrillho » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:48 am

Me any my friends did a Spike/Faye/Julia cosplay last year that was fun. Since one of them can't make it this year, it'll just be Spike/Julia
1/4 of Curtain Call Cosplay

AB 2016 (First Time!)
Professor Ozpin (RWBY) / Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Kouta (Elfen Lied)

AB 2017
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Oscar Pine (RWBY) / Zant (Hyrule Warriors)

snapelicious
AB Staff

Post by snapelicious » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Seeing some great couples here! Why not take advantage of the extension in signups and join the couples game! Win cool swag!!
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Match Game Asst. Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017

Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Sadly don't think my boyfriend wants to be on stage yet. This is his first convention and the due date is tonight for sign ups I thought. I will ask but most likely won't happen specially since he has no photos in his suits.

On a positive note almost done with megaman x and alia so I'm going to get photos of those by telling him he needs to try it on and snapping when he is playing with the electronics
===========[2017]============
  • Alia - Megaman X ........................Ghostbuster - Ghostbuster
    Rebecca Chambers - Resident Evil....................Riza Hawkeye - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Emi Yusa - Devil is a Part Timer ..................Princess Lana - Captain N
    ....................................Lucy - Fairy Tail......................................