best in show?

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
annacstephens519
I'm new!

best in show?

Post by annacstephens519 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi all!
So this is my first year at AB in the contest to at that! Anyways i was wondering, do you have to compete in craftsmanship AND performance to win best in show? Thanks let me know! :)

Nyuu
AB Staff

Re: best in show?

Post by Nyuu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:44 pm

You would have to be in both. Details as shown in the expanded version of the awards list:

b. One Best in Show (Major):
  1. Best in Show is determined by overall craftsmanship and overall presentation at the Masquerade. In order to qualify for Best in Show, the entry must participate in both Craftsmanship and Presentation judging. The winning entry may be from any division (Youth, Novice, Journeyman or Craftsman.) Winner(s) of the Best in Show award will not qualify to win any other awards.
Brian Belanger
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-17

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

annacstephens519
I'm new!

Post by annacstephens519 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 pm

You would have to be in both. Details as shown in the expanded version of the awards list:

b. One Best in Show (Major):
Best in Show is determined by overall craftsmanship and overall presentation at the Masquerade. In order to qualify for Best in Show, the entry must participate in both Craftsmanship and Presentation judging. The winning entry may be from any division (Youth, Novice, Journeyman or Craftsman.) Winner(s) of the Best in Show award will not qualify to win any other awards.
@Nyuu

I have two cosplays both of which will be worn by me. How would i go about it for pre judging. is there someone i can contact that would be able to help me?

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:53 pm

If you intend to go with both performance and craftsmanship, you'll have to decide which of the two costumes you would like to be judged on for the craftsmanship portion and use that character in your application.
Brian Belanger
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-17

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."