Cosplay Couples Game 2017

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
snapelicious
AB Staff

Cosplay Couples Game 2017

Post by snapelicious » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey there, kiddos, as you've probably noticed, sign-ups are now open for cosplay games, including the return of the Couples Game! This is our take on the classic Newly-Weds Game, so unlike most of our other games, this is a TEAM EFFORT. You and your dear partner will be asked a series of questions to see just how well you know one another, and if you're more "lovey-dovey" than the other two teams!

As you'll see on the application form, please indicate in your application who you're partnering with, as this game DOES NOT WORK solo. Make sure you include a photo of yourself in the costume, and that the characters ORIGINATE in Japan. To rip off some Doctor guy with a screw in his head:
http://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_faq/

:arrow: A reminder: Anime Boston is an anime convention that is part of the New England Anime Society (NEAS). As such, we can only accept applications from characters that originally hail from a japanese created media. That means we cannot accept anything from Batman, Stephen Universe, Avatar, Overwatch, etc. This is not my rule, but it is a very important rule that has consequences for the convention itself if I break it. I will not bend on this one thing.
That goes for me too. Hard "No" on non-Japanese-originating characters.

Sign-ups'll be up until the end of February! See you there!
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Match Game Asst. Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017

kannasamacosplay
I'm new!

Re: Cosplay Couples Game 2017

Post by kannasamacosplay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Am I allowed to respond to this?

If not please delete sorry,

I have been to anime boston for a few years but have never heard of the couples game, so we just act in character and in love as characters that are shipped from the same series in cosplay, acting, and try to be more in tune and in love than the others? Like we are ' a better character relationship?'

Also which day is this? Friday saturday or sunday? Just wondering because of my cosplay lineup ;w;! Thank you <3

-Kanna

sohopefully
AB Staff

Post by sohopefully » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 pm

kannasamacosplay wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 pm
Am I allowed to respond to this?

If not please delete sorry,

I have been to anime boston for a few years but have never heard of the couples game, so we just act in character and in love as characters that are shipped from the same series in cosplay, acting, and try to be more in tune and in love than the others? Like we are ' a better character relationship?'

Also which day is this? Friday saturday or sunday? Just wondering because of my cosplay lineup ;w;! Thank you <3

-Kanna
Hello Kanna! Thank you so much for replying.

Cosplay Couples Game is actually based off of the retro game show, "The Newlywed Game." I highly recommend watching some episodes on YouTube! Traditional gameplay is that both halves of a couple are asked a question, and both answer it without being able to see or speak to each other. Then, both partners' answers are revealed. If they match, the couple gets a point. The couple with the most matches/points at the end of the round/game wins! Cait can speak to the specifics of how it is run at AB, but hopefully that gives you a better idea of what this game is.

We actually don't know which day this event is going to take place on. With the exception of a few of our events that typically take place on the same day each year, we are scheduled the same as all of the other panels based on room availability and what else is going on. Programming makes these schedules once the applications for panels close. Unfortunately, this means we don't really have a definite schedule for our events until very close to the convention (a week or so out).

That said, our coordinators are very good at keeping in touch with participants so they know what is happening when as soon as we do. Hopefully we'll see an application from you!
Hope Middleton
Cosplay Games Co-Coordinator - 2017
Masquerade Staff - 2016
Chibi Zone Coordinator - 2015

snapelicious
AB Staff

Post by snapelicious » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 am

Thank you, Hope. Yes, as she said, the game works with the couples split in half and sitting on opposite sides of the stage. Lets say for a het shipping round, all of the girls on one side and the guys on the other. The couples will be asked a question specific to their pairing ("Kagome, what would Inuyasha say is his favorite snack from the future?"), at which point both members of the couple would write down their answer. The answers are then revealed, and if it's a match, they get a point.

How you play the team is up to you. Are you in love? Are you just stuck together? Is it one-sided? This is all up to you! You got a crackship, you pilot that crackship! Last year one of the pairs was Izaya and Shizuo, and if you've seen DuRaRaRararara(rarara) you know those two are FAR from lovebirds.
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017

ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:01 am

I second that. My husband and I signed up as Ban and King from Seven Deadly Sins a few years ago. Our "couple" absolutely hated each other. It was a blast pretending that we hated each other's guts. :D

Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games AV Tech 2016-2017
Attendee: AB04 - AB15

snapelicious
AB Staff

Post by snapelicious » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:43 am

Hoo boy kids, we're gettin' down to the wire. 8 days left to sign up for games, so I just want to throw up a reminder that I need both members of the couple to put in an application. WHO'S PUMPED?
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017

Gon Freecss
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Gon Freecss » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Where can I sign up for games? I can't find it!!! :o

ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Gon Freecss wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm
Where can I sign up for games? I can't find it!!! :o
Once you're logged into the forums, go to http://animeboston.com/cosplayhq.

You'll be able to log your available costumes in the system. Once you have costumes in the system, you can apply to games, selecting which costumes you want to apply with.

Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games AV Tech 2016-2017
Attendee: AB04 - AB15

snapelicious
AB Staff

Post by snapelicious » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 am

What up, popular people? Here's what's up, applications for our games have been extended! You now have until this Sunday, March 5th, 23:59 (one minute to midnight) to get your costumes in order! Whoohoo!
Cait Webber
Couples Game Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2017