Cosplay Games Question

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
ryujin
I'm new!

Cosplay Games Question

Post by ryujin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello! I'm going as Genji from Overwatch (Specifically the "Oni" Skin). I've read that the participants of the Cosplay Games must be originally from Japanese media. Oni Genji is deeply rooted in Japanese culture, and i'm wondering if the rule applies to characters celebrating Japanese culture, or strictly from Anime/Manga/Other Japanese Media

ksmurf
AB Staff

Re: Cosplay Games Question

Post by ksmurf » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 am

ryujin wrote:Hello! I'm going as Genji from Overwatch (Specifically the "Oni" Skin). I've read that the participants of the Cosplay Games must be originally from Japanese media. Oni Genji is deeply rooted in Japanese culture, and i'm wondering if the rule applies to characters celebrating Japanese culture, or strictly from Anime/Manga/Other Japanese Media
Good question!

Characters that have a Japanese style or genre, but were not created in Japan do not qualify.

So things like Pacific Rim, Avatar the Last Air Bender, or skins from Overwatch or League of Legends would not qualify.

Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games AV Tech 2016-2017
Attendee: AB04 - AB15