Would my cosplay break the rules?

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
kidcore
I'm new!

Would my cosplay break the rules?

Post by kidcore » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:28 am

hi guys!

this is going to be the first year going to ab. i'm super excited and already preparing for the long haul. anyways, i have a question about my cosplay. i've read somewhere that revealing cosplays aren't allowed? i'm planning on cosplaying the dryad from terraria and don't want to get in trouble! the costume is going to be revealing but my parts are completely covered.

thanks ahead of time!

FiretoIce
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Would my cosplay break the rules?

Post by FiretoIce » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi~!
So, anime Boston really can't judge until you're there. However, just looking at it ( as a person who controls nothing) I'd say no go. However, if you had a skin colored leotard or body suit you should be passable. Also, keep in mind it's Boston in March=Artic Circle. You could modify the outfit if you wanted, make it look like poison ivy from Batman or Whatever you choose.
Again, this is just some random person, I just think you should give it another thought.
Hope that helps!
2017 AB-
San- 60%
Boros- 50%
Ashiya- 90%

MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:45 am

Hey there! I'm also echoing the "can't preapprove costumes/props" sentiment here, but I highly recommend the nude leotard route. I cosplayed the Great Fairy from Zelda one year, and to do this I used a leotard. More than just making sure you're safely covered as far as modesty goes, it also will help keep you a little more insulated as the convention spaces can get COLD, and that's only more noticeable when you have more skin exposed.
Amanda Graves
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2017
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothing's like before."

Dragonrider1227
Expert Poster

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 am

I would recommend the leotard as well for the same reasons. Plus, it just just doesn't seem practical to have that much skin constantly exposed. Mistakes could happen and you could en up accidentally exposing a little more than you intended
Drama Finalist 2015 A Boy In Funny Red Boots