Cosplot 2017

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
AB Alu-chan
AB Staff

Cosplot 2017

Post by AB Alu-chan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Hello there peoples! This IS COSPLOT!.. Yes , for those of you who do not know what cosplot is allow me to give you a brief rundown. Cosplot is the story that runs through out cosplay games events, like chess and death match. Sometimes this takes the form of a interrupt in events, certain themes in the events, or other gesture that help tell a story through out the weekend. Cosplot is a great way to get more involved with the con and some of its events. It can be a bit of work though especially if you want to be in the cosplot Masquerade skit that happens each year, but the fun and people make it worth while.

Like all are events we pick from pre con applications. This is currently open and up on the Anime Boston website. IMPORTANT NOTE: We select people for the cosplot Masquerade skit before applications close, (exact date to be announced shortly), other roles in cosplot may also be selected before applications close as well, so please apply soon. Even if your cosplay is not done but you are sure you can finish it by Anime Boston submit it with current pictures and keep adding progress pictures.

This year we are mainly looking for a good mixture of retro and newer character, both villains and heroes. We are also looking for 1 or 2 vain/selfish characters.
James Zukowski
cosplay games 2013-2017

AB Alucard
Cosplot Coordinator

FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Re: Cosplot 2017

Post by FarFromRedemption » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Just wants to send you a ;) Alu-chan

<3Tray
Cosplays for 2017
Full Demon Chrono (Chrono Crusade)
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Hisoka (HunterxHunter)

GoggleBoy
Getting the hang of this...

Post by GoggleBoy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Vain? Selfish? I obviously have no idea what those words mean. Now I must be off to my private island and play card games with children I had brought to me. =
"He used to be a volleyball player like the rest, then he took a bullet to the knee." - Me, enjoying all the ensuing cringe that came afterwards.

Lynkos
Determined Poster

Post by Lynkos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:24 pm

For retro, I am working on Yoko Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho and Raven from Zoids: Chaotic Century. For newer characters I am working on Lilia Baranovskaya from Yuri on Ice.

They won't be complete until closer to the Cosplay Games deadline though. I also live far away, so would need to skype for any prep/rehearsal stuff.

Should I apply or, given those limitations, just skip it and not rush my costumes?
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2017 Tentative Line-Up:
- Unknown (Mystic Messenger)
- Lilia Baranovskaya (Yuri On Ice)
- Raven (Zoids: Chaotic Century)
- Yoko Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- Gleam Eyes (SAO)

Octopusfan13
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Octopusfan13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:27 am

I won't have everything ready until close to the end of February deadline, but my boyfriend and I will be Jessie and James (TEAM ROCKET woo!) My sister and her boyfriend will be going as Meowth (my sister) and he will be Arbok and Weezing (as puppets). My boyfriend is already working on his poke-puns. lol

We will defiantly be applying look out for us!

Shinobi Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Shinobi Kitsune » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:33 am

What happened to Cosplot for this year? Were we supposed to get emails about being involved or anything like that? My application still says "pending review". Did I miss anything?
AB 2009: Roxas (KH 2)
AB 2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
AB 2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
AB 2012: Chell (Portal 2)

AB 2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
AB 2014: Twilight Princess Link

AB 2015: Miqo'te Bard from FF14
AB 2016: LoL Ahri
AB 2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda
AB 2018: TBD

AB Alu-chan
AB Staff

Post by AB Alu-chan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Hello due to a delay, we are still finishing plotting the last event for this year, thus are still considering who to cast. I am very sorry for the delay, and that there was not a immediate post as to why. We are working on the emails and they will be coming out soon.
James Zukowski
cosplay games 2013-2017

AB Alucard
Cosplot Coordinator

Shinobi Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Shinobi Kitsune » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:22 am

AB Alu-chan wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm
Hello due to a delay, we are still finishing plotting the last event for this year, thus are still considering who to cast. I am very sorry for the delay, and that there was not a immediate post as to why. We are working on the emails and they will be coming out soon.
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.
AB 2009: Roxas (KH 2)
AB 2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
AB 2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
AB 2012: Chell (Portal 2)

AB 2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
AB 2014: Twilight Princess Link

AB 2015: Miqo'te Bard from FF14
AB 2016: LoL Ahri
AB 2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda
AB 2018: TBD

Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 pm

And for a glimpse at the CosPlot, go watch the videos for this year.
Here is part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGpDJfaekQ

And if you are not subscribed to AnimeBostonTV on YouTube... why are you not?

AB Alu-chan
AB Staff

Post by AB Alu-chan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

This video refers to are themes department story involving the Mascots. The cosplot is a story that runs across the con through cosplay games events. Typically starting at Death Match and ending at Cosplay Chess. Most roles are played by attendees who apply to cosplot, like you would cosplay chess or after dark dating game.
James Zukowski
cosplay games 2013-2017

AB Alucard
Cosplot Coordinator