Masquerade News & Cosplay Gatherings Clean-Up

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Masquerade News & Cosplay Gatherings Clean-Up

Post by Kiarrens » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Hello everyone!

A few quick heads-ups. First of all, the official rules for 2017's Masquerade are online on the main website! I've attempted to shorten them a little to make it easier to find the most-asked questions, but you have the option to extend the "simplified" rules to read the full details. We didn't change too much this year, mostly small tweaks. Time limits for skits are the same and the non-anime rule is still in effect (sorry, Overwatch and Steven Universe fans). You'll find a list at the very bottom of the rules with important dates to remember, such as when applications open (New Years Day!) and close, and other important deadlines.

Currently my lovely assistant Brian is going through all of the Cosplay Gatherings threads and moving the old ones into the memories section of the forums. I hope that this will make it easier to search for gatherings and will cut down on the number of re-posts. Please search the forums first before making a new entry! As usual, we WILL be posting a Cosplay Gatherings & Photoshoot Master Thread, but not until much closer to the convention. Typically we post this about a month before the convention.

We'll have a BIG announcement regarding the Masquerade soon, so keep an eye on the main website and/or social media outlets. ;)

Lastly, on a more personal note, those of you who have participated in the Masquerade in the last couple of years know that I take great pride in answering emails and questions in a timely manner. I wanted you all to know that this year I am going to be depending on my staff a lot more for this, because I am expecting a baby just nine days after applications for the Masquerade open ( :shock: ). I hope to be able to stay on top of things, but my lovely and capable staff are prepared to take up the slack for the first month or so in case I am physically unable to do so. Please direct all your questions to masquerade@animeboston.com, and myself or my assistant Brian will help you as soon as we can - we both have access to this mailing list.

Thank you for (I hope!) your understanding, and remember to keep your eyes peeled for that big announcement! It's going to be amazing, and I know you'll love it.
Lyndsey Zusi
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2017
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009-2014

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Re: Masquerade News & Cosplay Gatherings Clean-Up

Post by royalbakaness » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:45 pm

Congrats on the baby!!!!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara

odokom
Expert Poster

Post by odokom » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 pm

I wish I could of been in some of the games last year and this year but i'm hoping I'll at least get into 1 next year

odokom
Expert Poster

Post by odokom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 am

would anyone consider a jedi knight as a legend hero