Shout Outs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2023.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Shout Outs!

Post by Master of NERV »

• Shout out to the lady cosplayer wearing a stylish Victorian blouse and skirt--capped by Elias Ainsworth's bony head! One of the most imaginative cosplays I've seen in years.
  • Shout out to the first-time panelists who ran the Convention Horror Stories panel on Friday night. You three young ladies had a firm grip on the proceedings, and kept things in good order!
Last edited by Master of NERV on Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Re: Shout Outs!

Post by RayneDeanZ »

Shout out to the host of Family Fued. The crowd was brutal to you and the teams, so well done handling it all and finishing in time.
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
Penti
Experienced Poster

Post by Penti »

Shoutouts to the people that had that big Touhou setup in the arcade; I had a lot of fun coming back to that during the con, and even jumped on one of the PCs hooked up to a projector and beat Touhou: Phantasmagoria of Flower View for my first time, as Cirno.
Attended AB: 2017, 2019, 2022-present
Sayoria
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Post by Sayoria »

- Shout out to the Friday Night corn thief. Memeories have been made.
- Shout out to my fellow AMV Editors as well as Lantis for a great show as always!
- Shout out to the guy I met Friday night who got me to get involved with Taskmaster.... that was fun as Hell!
- Shout out to Alucard, the host of Cosplay Shenanigans. He's easily one of my favorite panel hosts.
- Shout out to Weegee for two years of covering for Roadie and absolutely having the perfect personality to do it.
- Shout out to Adam Ferraro and Patrick D, as they both seem to have retired from the front end of things and I would like for them to remember that this is their work, and I am unbelievably appreciative of them for bringing Anime Boston together for us. I miss seeing their faces around.
- Shout out to the Nichijou cosplayers I met super early Friday who stopped me as they were leaving the con. We did not cross paths again like we hoped, but you all rocked!
- Lastly, shout out to everyone who went to the con in general. Without you, Anime Boston literally would not exist. I've been going since 2005 and have no plans to stop. (I did in the mid 2010s for depressive reasons but my spark has re-ignited) ..... This place is my place away from home, every once a year. And you are all family at this home!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
avalonknight
Getting the hang of this...

Post by avalonknight »

A few shoutouts.
-As always, a thanks to those who interacted with responded to the dumb signs I made for my Nesoberis. Mari's was pretty obvious, Nero's is a bit obscure, and sorry that DaVinci got shafted in that department.
-A shoutout to the Hololive fans at the karaoke concert, and at Magni and Vesper panel. Just see all those penlights flashing the talent's respective colors firsthand was amazing, and made me wish I got mine with me. Maybe next year, since I got the 3rd fes penlight and ordered the 4th fes's. Maybe I can share it with someone who doesn't have it, so they can share in the fun!
-A special shoutout to the Takodachi who was collecting signatures of the people there. I hope that book is filled with signatures. Community!
Piplup Plush cosplays
2008-2012: Team Fortress 2 Scout
2013-2014: Fourth Doctor
Fate/Grand Order plush puppets
2018: Jeanne d'Arc Alter and Oda Nobunaga
2019: Jeanne d'Arc Alter, Oda Nobunaga, and Okita Souji
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

• Shout out to the ENTIRE COSPLAY CHESS TEAM for being SO COOL THIS YEAR!!! Especially Power (who shared her snacks with Okita) and Barbara (who mercilessly slaughtered him live on stage)
  • Shout out to the Kiryu cosplayer who asked Majima to jump him at con and NOT tell him when so it'd be a surprise
  • Shout out to the Cosplay Games and Masquerade staff for keeping things running SO SMOOTH despite all the issues they had to deal with this year
  • Shout out to everyone who congratulated me and lifted my spirits so so high after my Masquerade performance as Sakura Minamoto
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Sayoria wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:10 am - Shout out to Adam Ferraro and Patrick D, as they both seem to have retired from the front end of things and I would like for them to remember that this is their work, and I am unbelievably appreciative of them for bringing Anime Boston together for us. I miss seeing their faces around.
You and me both! I was just thinking about Patrick.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
hanaperi.studio
Getting the hang of this...

Post by hanaperi.studio »

Shout out to all the wonderful, kind, and patient staff who made AB such a magical experience for us all!
And shoutout to everyone who took hours out of their packed con schedules to come support cosplay events and cheer so enthusiastically for us!
And finally, shoutout to all the talented cosplayers who put so much effort and passion into your performances to light up the stage and completely blow us away with your amazing skills!
AB 2023
FRI: Shibuya Kanon, Yuigaoka Uniform (Love Live! Superstar)
SAT: Wien Margarete, Butterfly Wing (Love Live! Superstar)
SUN: Mifune Shioriko, Emotion (Love Live! Nijigasaki)

AB 2022
FRI: Shibuya Kanon, Yuigaoka Uniform (Love Live! Superstar)
SAT: Uehara Ayumu, Yume e no Ippo (Love Live! Nijigasaki)
PatrickD
Sometimes mistaken for Vu

Post by PatrickD »

Sayoria wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:10 am - Shout out to Adam Ferraro and Patrick D, as they both seem to have retired from the front end of things and I would like for them to remember that this is their work, and I am unbelievably appreciative of them for bringing Anime Boston together for us. I miss seeing their faces around.
Adam retired after last year. I'm still on staff.

Thanks! :)
Master of NERV wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:46 pm You and me both! I was just thinking about Patrick.
Me too! ;)
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List