What were some of your favorite moments?

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

What were some of your favorite moments at Anime Boston? Some of mine were,
In the food court on Saturday. A group of people who weren't from the con came over squealing/cheering, asking for a picture. Then two more people with the group looked at us and said. "Sorry our friends are so weird, can we please get a picture?" WE almost started cracking up! Hello! We were the ones in costume, wouldn't they think WE were the weird ones?
Then throughout Saturday we couldn't go 5 feet without someone stoppig us for a picture. We eventually had to sprit to where we wanted to go. One person even waited outside of the bathroom for a pic! (Sorry to whoever that was)
Then we were in the middle of taking a pic, the person was in a line waiting for a panel. There is a Tuxedo Mask next to him, so he jumps in the pic too. Someone ended up saying "Looks like Roy's got some compitituon!" We wanted to crack up. Later our Roy says "I could kick his butt any time! All he can do is throw roses! I'll burn him to a crisp!"
There was also someone who shouted "Miniskirt army!" while we were posing (Who was that!?)
Oh...we were the Roy's mini skirt army
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

(Were you guys at our flame vs. fullmetal re-enactment? I seem to recall seeing a lot of blue miniskirts in the crowd I pushed my way through.)

My favorite moment... hm.
Does the entire con count? :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
MegamiChan
AB Staff

Post by MegamiChan »

[quote=megmo] One person even waited outside of the bathroom for a pic! (Sorry to whoever that was)
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was me and my b/f! We were a Naruto and a pink and black Chii. The photo was worth the wait!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/i ... ustang.jpg
Jill Vescovi

AB 2006-2012: Attendee
AB 2013-2024- North American Guest Liaison
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

I have to vote for Saturday morning in Masq. HQ when the Rabbid scared the CRAP out of me. :o

(Either that, or the random person in the Masquerade audience who screamed "HAWKEYE, YOURE SO HAWT!!" During the award ceremony... I LOL'ed) :D
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Starsan
Experienced Poster

Post by Starsan »

I couldn't believe how fun it was, I lvoed watchin gmy favorite characters do DDR, and the ball was so pretty. I never had so muchfun thern watching the Masq. But the Cosplay Conga had me goin. I wish i could find a video of all the comments on the big message board that imitated Adult swim before the events. They were awesome. I jsut loved everyone, and i cannot wait for next year, thank god its not in april! Less time to wait!!!!!! I just am sooooo excited.
Yaeko Sae
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Yaeko Sae »

[color:purple]Since I am one of the Bleach cosplayers...
I have to say that crashing the Naruto photoshoot...was THE BEST time of my life!
Also the Duck, Duck, Goose game was fun...
sadly we couldn't play it anymore... *tears*
[/color]
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

(in no particular order)
1) The imaginary kunai fight with sexy no jutsu Sasuke.
2) Poking Sora with his keyblade on saturday night
3) my little sister hugging a banana
4) the Jesus congaline
5) Finding Waldo (five hundred thousand times)
6) Changing my karaoke song 50 times
7) Getting dragged into the Haruhi dance in the dealer's room
8) Sasuke being on the "sugar" side cosplay chess
9) Jack sparrow + bazooka
10) Dragging my uncle out of the dance...three times
11) ...okay, what WASN'T one of my favorite moments?
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Post by Vulcan »

Haha!! I made number 9! XD
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Post by moonlight sonata. »

I think my favorite moment was when I was doing the Hare Hare Yukai in the dealer's room two security people came and joined us and tried to do it XD

Last minute the security came to turn off the TV~ I think they had a soft spot in their hearts for us >.>;
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

That seriously made my day! Couldn't have asked for anything better. lol
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

I'm sorry we made you wait! All those stupid safety pins!
(I remeber there was another person who ended up leaveing too....XD))
Sakura Kaze
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura Kaze »

I didn't get to go to the photoshoot. But I heard some people from it were MAD.Hope they dont crash the Bleachies next year.Even thought that would be fun...XD
Broken Shinigami
Determined Poster

Post by Broken Shinigami »

[color:blue]um.. I think I'd have to say my favorite parts were dancing with Winry at the FullMetal Alchemist shoot, People recognizing that I was Al&not Edward in a Blue Coat.. &making everyone cheer at Karaoke when I sang "Believe" from One Piece when I hit the high notes, but I have to say the Convention was just plain fun^^[/color]
Countdown to Anime Boston 2016
2016 Cosplays:
- Castiel[SPN].
- Portgas D. Ace[OP].
- Ouroboros Kotetsu[T&B].
- Aino Minako; Junior High Uniform[SM].
Tenten_chan_247

Post by Tenten_chan_247 »

hm.. My fav moment was when I got into a live fight with Sakura (from naruto) onstage in the Anime Court Case. another was re-enacting the Chuunin exam fight between myself and Temari. and when I hugged Jesus :p :p :p :D :D
TimidRaven
Expert Poster

Post by TimidRaven »

This was my first anime con.
GOD, was it a blast!

There were so many fun moments...

I suppose one of my favorite moments was at the end of the Anime Dating game, when L (and Light) were the bachalor, and Paine called Light L's "pet" and someone in the audience yelled out "SEX SLAVE!!"
My friend and I laughed so hard. xD

Another fun moment for me was taking a picture with a really nice Kairi cosplayer. :) (I missed the Kingdom Hearts photoshoot, so this was the only picture I took WITH someone.)

AB 2007 - 2010:
Namine (Kingdom Hearts II)

AB 2011:
Canada (Hetalia)
Anri (Durarara

AB 2012:
Canada (Hetalia)
Spoiler!Anri (Durarara)
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

my favorite moments is always, what people are cosplaying. and i love talking pics i wanted to do karoke and maybe this year and cosplay?? again i love watching it all on youtube cosplay chess and well the funniest moments are always at the con. stories stories

mandygurl 2007 rukia 2008 ??? all surpises
i been going to anime boston since 2004
cheshiresmiling
Expert Poster

Post by cheshiresmiling »

Saturday night Karaoke dancing.
It was epic.
....And then bringing my dinner up into the Karaoke room so that my friends and I wouldn't miss our chance to butcher Cautionary Warning.
AB2k12: John Egbert(Homestuck)
AB2k13: Carter(The Secret World), Karkat Vantas(Homestuck)
My Tumblr | DA
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

Post by Fullflame »

My favorite moment was when i gave travis willingham the miniskirt army quote t-shirt and when my friend asked him to put it on sense he forgot to put it on when i gave it to him.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
Amjam
Determined Poster

Post by Amjam »

The entire con was a favorite moment. XD

But, hmm, three things come immediately to mind (and all three involve me being a spaz)

Attacking the Sanzo Party (minus Gojyo... I found a Gojyo later on Sunday though)... mwahahaha, if the Sanzo, Seiten Taisei Goku and demon Hakkai see this, I'm very sorry for charging into you on Saturday. You guys made my day!!

Spazzing with/at Greg Ayres... That was pretty cool, considering I'd never met him before. Woot.

And of course the Ed-dar/ singing Mustang Squarepants in the hall... Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? COLONEL MUSTANG!
I also want to apologize to that Al for thinking he was Ed. My Ed-dar broke, I think.
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Kurisutaru-Tenten
Veteran Poster

Post by Kurisutaru-Tenten »

One of my favorite moments at Anime Boston, was when I had been chased all over the convention center, and had been tackled on an escalator by someone trying to get the barrel from me. And I turn up at the Naruto photoshoot with the bucket, take a picture with the group, and Gai anounces that I have the bucket and need more ninja to help gaurd it. Then finding out my knee was bleeding and asking for a tissue or band-aid, to find out no one had one until a Shippuden Sakura comes up to me and brings me over to the side, takes out a medical kit from her ninja pouch and cleaned it. Then trying to walk away to find a huge mass of Bleach Shinigami standing there trying to get the barrel. I get challenged and win, to which they start chanting against us, giving me time to slip away. Then hiding on the outer edge of the convention center, and nearly getting caught, with my friends who I had just made! It was the absolute best! I promice not to get rapped up in it too much again though, because there are somethings I would like to do next year! But oh well, I probably will anyway!
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

It's never Anime Boston until I see Jesus doing something weird.
gamelord

Post by gamelord »

the best moment I had was when I took a pic of one of my friends posing with Wiz from DNangel, then later in the day not paying attention and letting him delete the picture from my camera :-(
bWeezy

Post by bWeezy »

My favorite moment was when i was at the convention in my sasuke costume and I'm like you fracking hoe, I gotta shiet! in my mind though lol. so I'm there at the convention with my stomach bubbling on full blast and I'm squeezing my ass cheeks as tight as possible to prevent me from shietting on myself. In my mind i ignored my pleas to go to the bathroom. That's when I can squeeze no longer, and, you know what happens next. I felt my ass getting warm and I'm like oh no please God not here in front of all these people! but it was to no avail as I felt the leak run down my leg. and mind you I was wearing shorts! so I get a little brown puddle on the floor and in unison this whole group goes EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!! and if that wasn't bad enough I was standing next to my dream girl who I had the biggest crush on and brought with me! And she had the nerve to say ''why didn't you say something?'' fracking bitch man lol. so I race to the bathroom with my left leg all shietted on and I'm in the crapper releasing some hot magma, I mean that diarrhea was mad watery as frack! just when I thought it couldn't get any worse these three black kids hear the toilet explosion, climb on top of the stall, and see me take the dump and they too go EEEWW look at this kid HAHAHA. so I'm crying and I call my mom to come pick me up, with my ass full of toilet paper. when the cab comes the driver adds more to the humiliation by getting out a plastic cover and putting it on the back seats so I can sit on it.
Dokuya
Dedicated Poster

Post by Dokuya »

Hahahahhaa so many embarassing moments, possibly yellign at domo-kun that i love him or even better, something i'd like to forget ever happened but it was iron karaoke my friend didnt know the lyrics so she was jsut standign there so me and this random girl i met uguu she was so cute and well i started shakign my junk on stage all ghetto foo like *whitest kid ever* and thenn we ended up getting her disqualified. fun yet sooo sooooo embarassing

-matt
Overlord of Anime
Expert Poster

Post by Overlord of Anime »

um........how do i get a picture next to any of my posts?i just want to know cause i been asking people for................. a long time......since last year actually..
AB06: Maiden Voyage
AB07: Pocky guy
AB08: Gaara
AB09: Japanaman
AB10: Rex Raptor
AB11: That guy who was always in the elevator
AB13: Smooth Criminal
AB14: Pool's Closed
AB15: Pink Floyd
AB16: Pink Floyd
AB17: Stink Patrol Commander
AB18: Stink Patrol Commander