WBCN at AB

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
eidna
Determined Poster

WBCN at AB

Post by eidna »

Did anyone listen to WBCN's "Toucher and Rich" show today?

Apparently one of their friends, "Stoner Smitty", was recording people at the con, asking cosplayers if they truly believed they were that character or not. It backfired on him as most of the cosplayers pretty much turned out to be (gasp) normal people!
He complained that, "All they wanted was PICTURES! Geez!"

I found it highly amusing! The fact that AB was mentioned on my favorite station (as "That Anime Convention"), and the fact that people I saw at the con (the Daisy/Wario/Mario/etc group, for one) were recorded!

(if this isn't allowed, please delete)
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
xenocrisis0153
Needs a purpose in life

WBCN at AB

Post by xenocrisis0153 »

lol... good

we knew they were going to be there, so we were prepared to throw his ass out if he was going to be a dick. Well, maybe this will break down the barriers between "the two worlds" and show everyone that we're all one in the same. It's not like anime and conventions is ALL we do with our lives.
jnik
Show-off

WBCN at AB

Post by jnik »

Fantastic! I'm glad that turned out well. Kudos to all of you for not giving the media material to use against the con and your fellow attendees.

For those who missed closing ceremonies, somebody who was passing through the Pru stopped by reg to comment. She was absolutely thrilled to see all the cosplayers and the creativity that went into everything, and said we must get a parade permit next year to parade up Boylston Street(!) because "More people need to see this."
Crazy Flower
Determined Poster

WBCN at AB

Post by Crazy Flower »

I had suggested that way back when Hope had suggested the Parade to fit the AB theme. (It wouldn't have worked on Sunday, that was the Greek independence day festival.) It could really be something on Saturday, relatively quick down Boylston Street to Copley Square (Something always happens there) and make a loop back to the Hynes.