Flame vs. Fullmetal Re-enactment

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

First of all, I just have to say that I'm totally hurt by all of you who were in the crowd for this. ROY WON?! Come on now. I TOTALLY won. You're all just biased because of the mini-skirt thing, I know it!

OOC: Roy and I are working on editing the footage for this, we'll have it up on youtube and probably on my website for download pretty soon. My footage came out ok, not GREAT but ok. I just wanted to know how it looked to those of you in audience? :)
(I've got a mental block on Marcoh's name, I swear. I keep going, "I can't believe I forgot... forgot... GOD WHAT WAS HIS NAME!" I can draw half of the freakin' circles in the show from memory but can I remember ONE NAME?! Nooo....)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Corey
Determined Poster

Post by Corey »

[quote=Kiarrens]First of all, I just have to say that I'm totally hurt by all of you who were in the crowd for this. ROY WON?! Come on now. I TOTALLY won. You're all just biased because of the mini-skirt thing, I know it!

OOC: Roy and I are working on editing the footage for this, we'll have it up on youtube and probably on my website for download pretty soon. My footage came out ok, not GREAT but ok. I just wanted to know how it looked to those of you in audience? :)
(I've got a mental block on Marcoh's name, I swear. I keep going, "I can't believe I forgot... forgot... GOD WHAT WAS HIS NAME!" I can draw half of the freakin' circles in the show from memory but can I remember ONE NAME?! Nooo....)[/quote]

I'm glad you guys got a chance to do this. 'ROY' came and asked if it was all right for you guys to do this in an out of the way corner of the Hynes, to which my rather stupid response was along the lines of "I... guess... as long as you don't block the halls..." :P
shadowblaze
Expert Poster

Post by shadowblaze »

[quote=Corey][quote=Kiarrens]First of all, I just have to say that I'm totally hurt by all of you who were in the crowd for this. ROY WON?! Come on now. I TOTALLY won. You're all just biased because of the mini-skirt thing, I know it!

(I've got a mental block on Marcoh's name, I swear. I keep going, "I can't believe I forgot... forgot... GOD WHAT WAS HIS NAME!" I can draw half of the freakin' circles in the show from memory but can I remember ONE NAME?! Nooo....)[/quote]

I'm glad you guys got a chance to do this. 'ROY' came and asked if it was all right for you guys to do this in an out of the way corner of the Hynes, to which my rather stupid response was along the lines of "I... guess... as long as you don't block the halls..." :P[/quote]

I appreciate you letting us do it, I am the 'roy' who came and asked you and participated in it. I thought it came out pretty good especially since we didn't think we were going to be able too since the courtyard was closed. Because of that we didn't actually rehearse it like we origonally planned on. So it was all improv. Hope you guys liked it though. And come on only 1 response to this. Show your fma love and let us know how we did whether it be good or bad. There were a good amount of you watching us. There has to be at least one here on the forums - lol. But like kiarrens said, we are both editing it and it will be available for upload soon.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Ed and Roy working together. *sniff* It's so nice to see military cooperation.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

[quote=Kiarrens]Ed and Roy working together. *sniff* It's so nice to see military cooperation.[/quote]

"For what it's worth, the Colonel's cooperation in this instance was due to the fact that he was duely threatened with a nice .38-caliber 'surprise' should he choose NOT to play nice. It is nice to have that sort of control..."

:D

I can't wait to see the video.
I really wish I could have been there to witness this!
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

roflmao....
We'll have the footage up ASAP. I find it hilarious that you can CLEARLY hear me yelling about being short while I'm hidden in the crowd.
Oh, and I apologize to anyone in the crowd I pushed through for that. I kinda had to get to the other side to attack Roy from his blind-side. ^^ I tried to avoid pushing my way past any really nice costumes.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Silverado
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Silverado »

i thought it went rather well considering it really wasn't planned more than 15 minutes prior.

but hey what the hell, i was just the announcer.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

And a wonderful announcer at that. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

black_hayate

Post by black_hayate »

I was one of the Skirts in the background, lol. I'm so glad I got to see the re-enactment! It was a lot of fun, and I loved the photoshoot too. ^_^
shadowblaze
Expert Poster

Post by shadowblaze »

I'm glad you liked the re-enactment. It came together quite nicely. Thanks for coming and watching. And as always, Roy always appreciates the skirts.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

*mutters* Pervert...
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Risikafox
Veteran Poster

Post by Risikafox »

I can't believe I missed this! There are no words to accurately describe how utterly heartbroken I am... Guess I'll have to wait for a Youtube linkie. ^^
shadowblaze
Expert Poster

Post by shadowblaze »

yeah that will be up soon, and we may also re-do the re-enactment at conneticon if you decide to goto it as well. Sorry you missed it though.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

too bad i can't go to conneticon. oh well you should be able to rummage up a hughes that can play announcer right?

kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Dude... there ARE no other Hughes that can compare to you.

Btw, I watched the vid the other day and laughed so hard at the very end! While you've got Roy showing him the pics I start trying to sneak away, and you just reach out without even looking and wrap your arm around my neck and haul me back.
Hilarious.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

Argh!! I missed this too!!!! NOOO! }:(

Sounds like it was a lot of fun though! :laugh:
inu89

Post by inu89 »

[quote=Kiarrens]First of all, I just have to say that I'm totally hurt by all of you who were in the crowd for this. ROY WON?! Come on now. I TOTALLY won. You're all just biased because of the mini-skirt thing, I know it!

hey Kiarrens I think I tok a pic of you at AB07 I was the one with the old SLR camra
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

::boggles:: Okay, so there's something I missed...

Hope you guys get a link up soon. (Not that on my 56k it would matter, lmao)
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

It's def. up on YouTube. I watched it the other week. If you search for Kiarrens's profile on there, it should be in her list of videos.
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=enoOW8o7iWc

There you go.

(I'm not a Yellow Lab Retriever just cause they're cute. ^_^)
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

Aren't we just punny?

Well, that's it. Thank you much.
PawShapedHeart
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]You'll have to have another reenactment , but advertise this one so people can come see.[/color]
Badge Name: PawShapedHeart

Cosplays For AB'14:
  • casual Natasha Romanov (Avengers)
  • Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)