the bucket game

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

the bucket game

Post by tobiinpajamas »

so who challenged/got challenged for the bucket? how many times did you have it and for how long? I had it like 3 times but only for about 5 seconds before one of the other teams would challenge me. The people like tackling each other for it kind of amused me...its a game come on lol
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

the bucket game

Post by purple_popinjay »

I had the bucket several times throughout the three days. We kept posession of the Alchemist Barrel all three days. XD

The game got kind of less fun by the end though. People got all cranky and were screaming "You can't run!" or "That's not how you play!" and many of them hadn't been in it as long as we had. (We'd participated from day 1, new people joined on the last day)

Half the fun was running, even if it was tiring. And I am not the most physically built person, so I can only sprint for so long. But if you didn't run, then the people who lost the challenge would just stalk you until their ten minutes was up. You had to run to lose them.

But... Shinigami won! Yay! XD
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

the bucket game

Post by tobiinpajamas »

haha really? i didnt hear the announcement of the winners, kind of like dosed off, i was there but totally not paying attn, acutally i think i fell asleep...
Natielle
Veteran Poster

the bucket game

Post by Natielle »

I had the shinigami barrel for a few minutes, was challenged, won those challenges, grabbed the barrel, ran with my matsumoto counterpart, got in trouble with security for running, got challenged by kisame and others, lost it. Oh, and i love run-on sentences.

P.S: I was with the Shinigami's whom won, not the other group of 'em.
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

the bucket game

I was with the Urahara who delivered the Alchemist barrel when he delivered it, so he told me when they let him know who won. Then they announced it at cosplay chess.

I had posession of each of the barrels at least once. I ran all over the convention center with them. At one point I got the ninja barrel from the ninjas and got it from the 2nd floor right, to the 3rd floor left, and then down the the first floor in the middle before I got caught. ^_^'
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

Schedule TBD
Jagenmaster
Experienced Poster

the bucket game

Post by Jagenmaster »

[color:green]oh wow shinigami won
i was playing for the ninjas thou >_< i only won the barrel 4 times thou *sigh*
it was really fun thou![/color]
Natielle
Veteran Poster

the bucket game

Post by Natielle »

That's right, we're pimp.
Rhys Ifane
AB Alumni

the bucket game

Post by Rhys Ifane »

I was in the Masquerade HQ speaking with Putrocca and then as soon as I was done, the Naruto who's made an appearance at Main Events for like 3 years in a row now walked in to speak with her, but he was also carrying the Pirate Barrel. He had apparently won like 10 times in a row. I challnged him for the heck of it and won the barrel for the Alchemists. Not even 1 second later, someone else challenged me and took it. I think it was a Shinigami, but I can't remember. It was the only time I had a barrel. As I was about to show up for Chess rehearsal, I saw a couple barrel holders sprinting towards the door, but there was like a dozen ninjas and shinigami. I figured I would just challenge at the last minute since time was just about up, but I lost sadly.
David Burke
Cosplay Games Staff 2014-2019
Masquerade Staff 2020
FuriKuri
Getting the hang of this...

the bucket game

Post by FuriKuri »

[quote=Rhys Ifane]I was in the Masquerade HQ speaking with Putrocca and then as soon as I was done, the Naruto who's made an appearance at Main Events for like 3 years in a row now walked in to speak with her, but he was also carrying the Pirate Barrel. He had apparently won like 10 times in a row. I challnged him for the heck of it and won the barrel for the Alchemists. Not even 1 second later, someone else challenged me and took it. I think it was a Shinigami, but I can't remember. It was the only time I had a barrel. As I was about to show up for Chess rehearsal, I saw a couple barrel holders sprinting towards the door, but there was like a dozen ninjas and shinigami. I figured I would just challenge at the last minute since time was just about up, but I lost sadly.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that was the Naruto I was with at the time, although I could be wrong. Was he with a Naota?

He had just won so many times in a row, it was awesome. :P
BankaiBilly
Expert Poster

the bucket game

Post by BankaiBilly »

I had every barrel for at least alittle while, my group at one point had 3. by far I had the Alchemist one the most and actually ended up turning it in on sunday, you may have seen me on stage at the chess game. *flexes his 1st Division Commander title*

P.S. I was Urahara Kisuke
Pencil-Hands
Expert Poster

the bucket game

Post by Pencil-Hands »

Oh fearless leader!
That Barrel Game was great. I wish I was there when we had 3 of 4. I saw the picture you took though. :thumbup:
Paper
Veteran Poster

the bucket game

Post by Paper »

[quote=FuriKuri][quote=Rhys Ifane]I was in the Masquerade HQ speaking with Putrocca and then as soon as I was done, the Naruto who's made an appearance at Main Events for like 3 years in a row now walked in to speak with her, but he was also carrying the Pirate Barrel. He had apparently won like 10 times in a row. I challnged him for the heck of it and won the barrel for the Alchemists. Not even 1 second later, someone else challenged me and took it. I think it was a Shinigami, but I can't remember. It was the only time I had a barrel. As I was about to show up for Chess rehearsal, I saw a couple barrel holders sprinting towards the door, but there was like a dozen ninjas and shinigami. I figured I would just challenge at the last minute since time was just about up, but I lost sadly.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that was the Naruto I was with at the time, although I could be wrong. Was he with a Naota?

He had just won so many times in a row, it was awesome. :P[/quote]
Yeah, that was me. That was a crazy streak, I single-handedly fought off an entire pack of cosplayers following me.
Rhys Ifane
AB Alumni

the bucket game

Post by Rhys Ifane »

Yeah, you did fight off a lot, and then you basically walked right up to me and handed it over.
David Burke
Cosplay Games Staff 2014-2019
Masquerade Staff 2020
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

the bucket game

Unfortunately, whenever I had a barrel, it didn't last for long... But that's what we had Urahara for! *points at Bankai Billy's 1st Division Commander title*

Schedule TBD
krazikupo
Expert Poster

the bucket game

Post by krazikupo »

Aww XD The shinigami won? Someone said the ninja's did :o. Ah well xD.

It was really fun thouggh,, they should definatly do it again next year x3!
Shady Lane Cosplay
Expert Poster

the bucket game

Post by Shady Lane Cosplay »

[color:red]All I know is that I had to have had at least twenty points to my name on the ninja barrel.

I think the group I hung out with might've set a record or something, for keeping the barrel for a long period of time.

I got it on Friday, from about 8:30/8:45am until about 11:30am, where the ninja/shinigami war really started. Then I got the barrel back around 11:30pm on Friday night, and had it until 8:00am on Saturday, where I handed it off so I could catch a few hours of sleep ( well, we were also kinda booted from in front of the game room, sooo... ).

After that, it was just a few points here and there, and I never had possession of it for very long after that.

Was definitely a lot of fun, though. ^_^[/color]