Ouran Panel

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
faerietithe
Determined Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by faerietithe »

Hey everyone, I was one of the people who did the Host Club panel. (I was Haruhi, as you might know, and was up on the stage with a mic.)

Thank you so much to everybody who showed up - the crowd and support were overwhelming and we were so excited to see you all. We wanted to apologize to anyone who didn't get to go and wanted to (we tried to see as many people as we could in the time we had, including the overflow panel), and wanted to ask people who were able to go what they thought.

We were a little worried about how to make it fun for everyone, and were curious what things did and didn't work in your opinion. Also, thanks sooooooo much to the security and staff people who helped us out. You were great.

Also, we didn't have time for pictures, so anyone who took pictures of us in this panel or in the hall, it'd be great if you could send them our way?
bigfluffypillow
Experienced Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by bigfluffypillow »

i'd like to say i DID complain to AB about the lack of knowledge and organization for OHSHC. the staff would tell 5 or 6 people that the line was cut off and not tell the other 75 people waiting. MANY people that were turned away, like me, just wanted a peek to see what was going on. i managed to sneak in, though. when i saw the other half of that room COMPLETELY EMPTY i was pi**ed! i mean, people were upset about this! why didn't they let people in to watch???
i sat and just took a few photos. thats all i wanted! i mean, geez, that HC was my deciding factor for going to my first con. and for them to botch it up was sloppy.
not that it was your fault. who'da thunk it,eh?
LOL
but i have a few photos:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/27 ... 9273sUYvAS
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/29 ... 9273gsIFFE
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 ... 9273CaRbcq
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/28 ... 9273iRAbXh
forgottenneko
Getting the hang of this...

Ouran Panel

Post by forgottenneko »

HI! I thought you guys were amazing! This was one of the only panels my friend and I went to this year (We were the Winry and Ed who were either your third or fourth group in?) It was so much fun to see you guys. I hope there is a possibility of next year? It was so funny to see everyone walking out and squeeing ^-^ It was one of the best panels I have seen yet.
spazwithcatears
Experienced Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by spazwithcatears »

my friend and I got some pictures with the whole group after the masquerade, but we were in them too. >_< if you'd still like them I'll send them, they came out a bit blurry but they're still okay, I guess.

you guys were awesome by the way. ^_^ ouran's my favorite.
Misakochan
Determined Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by Misakochan »

aww.. sorry to hear that =( The turn out for the panel was WAY beyond anything AB or ourselves had expected however. It was really shocking to us to see how many people were already waiting for our panel before we had even gotten there o.o;;; And so our solution to try and keep it fun interactive for everyone we decided to do groups of 30 for 15 minutes at a time (we were really afraid of over crowding and having to handle any more than 30 with the games). Also the last minute security and staff-panelist communication was limited and so we tried our best to get to everyone with the overflow panel.
If we do this next year we'll definately be requesting more time and security back up haha

For those of you who did make it, its great to hear you enjoyed it. It was a pity we couldn't spend more individual time with people like the actual host club but there was just sooo many people. But thanks so much for coming and waiting in line for us!
AB 09- Young Link (Majora's Mask)
AB 10- Riza Hawkeye (FMA)
AB 11- Yoko Ritona (Gurren Lagann)
AB 12- Zelda (Skyward Sword)
AB 13- Zelda and Young Link
AB 14- Tetra, Link, Winry, Riza
Soujiro458
Veteran Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by Soujiro458 »

hey cuties!
I was a visitor in the first group (not in cosplay) and later on came by as Kaoru so Kim could check something before we hit masquerade stuff

Just wanted to say you all did amazing! I wish I had my camrea at the time but it was locked in a hotel room :-(
It was tons of fun and well put together
I hope you guys get to do it again another year ^^

<3
The Real Nuriko
Expert Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by The Real Nuriko »

._. yeah I was mad I missed it too. :3 but a few people still reconized me as Ranka :3 as I was walking around
faerietithe
Determined Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by faerietithe »

I dunno about everyone else, but I am up for doing it again next year. Maybe two hours next time, and more planning.. heh. I liked our location though, but.. yeah.. sooo many people.

^^ Glad you guys enjoyed it though, this makes me happy, and yeah, any pictures, even if you're in them, would be awesome.
(Blurry is cool too, haha, I know i took enough blurry ones.. v.v)
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Ouran Panel

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Hi all. 'm glad that for everyone who did make it loved it very much, I'm sorry to those who missed it, but as said before we were really worried about dealing with LARGE groups of peopel as we didn't expect about 300 people to show up. I was the Renge that kept on getting involved with the random games and stood there and was in pictures. The whole letting people in 30 at a time was my fault not Security(even though I am on security T_T) so if you could give me feedback on how this were to be helped without making the security people mad by blocking exits and too many people.

P.S.-Panelists(Ouran Group) would you want to do this next year? Seeing as there were people who couldn't make it T_T
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Loli

Ouran Panel

Post by Loli »

I'm very pleased the panel was such a success xD. I had no idea so many people would attend . . . and my faith in screaming Tamaki fan girls has been reaffirmed. +blinks+ I'm not sure about promising another panel at the moment, though . . . I adored doing it, but I don't think it would be right to decide something a YEAR in advance. New opportunities should always be kept open, and chances are next year the whole lot of us may be obessessed with a different anime x3. Though, we don't even know if we're going to be going together next year or no. So . . . for now, I'm not going to make any promises I can't keep, and I'd suggest everyone does the same?

But a thousand thanks for the interest +bows+. I'm sincerely thankful for the time I had ^^.
Loli

Ouran Panel

Post by Loli »

I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX MY SIGNATURE, I SPELLED THE ALMIGHTY COFFEE WRONG, AHHHHH.

+bows once more+

Ah.
StopAllSadness
Expert Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by StopAllSadness »

i didn't get to go *sniffles*
I really wanted too get in though, oh well, hopefully there is going to be another ouran high school host club panel next year
TsukiNoShinobi

Ouran Panel

Post by TsukiNoShinobi »

I went! I was in the very last group before you all went to the Masque (I tried cosplaying as Misty, but...). Sorry if we made you guys late or anything :( But you guys did a really great job; totally blew me away! Your costumes were amazing, and you were all very huggable :3 Haha, yeah, I'm totally lame >.<

But anyway, it was a lot of fun! It would be great if you guys did it a second time, with perhaps a longer time for the panel for those who didn't get to go. But like Loli said, maybe you guys should wait until the con gets closer? That way, you can think of some more awesome ideas! It would be amazing if you guys put something on like the actual Host Club ^-^

Well, you all made my first con one of the coolest things EVER, and I'm really looking forward to next year! Haha, I talk a lot o.o So, to sum things up, great job everyone! Hope to see you all at the con next year!

[quote=Loli]I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX MY SIGNATURE, I SPELLED THE ALMIGHTY COFFEE WRONG, AHHHHH.

+bows once more+

Ah.[/quote]

Oh noes, not the almighty coffee! XD Though I prefer tea myself... *cough*
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Ouran Panel

Post by kiarrens »

maaaan.... I just started watching Ouran after the con, was wondering why so many people were cosplaying it... and I'm totally loving it. Wish I'd known about it before the convention, I totally would have tried to make it to this....

Just as long as you pretty boys didn't try to steal my mechanic. *shakes fist semi-menacingly*

OOC: If you do this again next year, I'm putting it very high on my priorities list to attend. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
DarksShadow
Veteran Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by DarksShadow »

Aw man! I wanted to see you guys!! I hope you do it next year...Oh well, I'll be cosplaying as Hikaru next year and my sis will be Kaoru. We look very similar and can even say the same thing at the same time by accident. It's weird. And my adorable little sis will be Hunny <3<3<3 Can't wait to see that!! ^__^......Oh, and sorry 'bout the whole coffee thing --__--
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by Shiroikami »

I loved the Ouran Panel! It was seriously awesome. I would love to see it done again next year!
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Ouran Panel

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

I'm so glad that everyone liked it! I wish we could have it again next year, as I know what will be expected of me if I do staff again. I was so shocked that this panel was VERY popular!!
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
faerietithe
Determined Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by faerietithe »

o.o! Ed Elric at our panel?! That'd be awesome....and we'd only borrow Winry for a bit.. we'd return her. I think everyone left our panel basically unscathed. Except for my eyes during that one "moment."
+ to TsukiNoShinobi-
I'm glad you had a good time, we were worried that you were bored, because there were only a few of you, and we were like "we could have fit them in the shorter time period... they don't seem to be having fun..." but I'm glad you guys did! =D

We'll try to switch it up next year, if we do it, along with getting a longer time. I liked that room though.. I will say again, it was very Ouranesque.
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by PockyBebop »

I wish I had gone to the Ouran Panel, but back during AB 07, I wasn't an Ouran fan! I had to become addicted to the anime in MAY! >< Oh, well... :(
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Ouran Panel

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Hey everyone! I am wondering who would like to see this panel be done again. There is an Ouran thread started in th panels section. so if you could post there. I really want to know if it might be still a HUGE hit as it was last year, and possibly if I get enough people to reply saying to continue it, I'll be better prepared and so won't panel HQ and Security.

Thanks!! ~`Renge
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Junebugbaby87
Expert Poster

Ouran Panel

Post by Junebugbaby87 »

The Ouran panel kicked ass.