Con Chowder paper schedule and blog feedback (was New Stuff)

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
diz
Committed Poster

Post by diz »

So there were a couple of new things this year. There will be a separate thread for each of them but it would be helpful for us next year to hear what people thought of the new schedule lay out on the Con Chowder?

-Diz
Last edited by diz on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Updated subject to be more clear
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

The new layout was nice, I really did miss the write-ups though. Those of us who either don't have or couldn't bring laptops to check the blog felt a little left-out, and those write-ups were nice reading material for waiting in lines.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
eidna
Determined Poster

Post by eidna »

I thought the schedule was alright, if a bit squished (I read it several times, and each time I went, "HEY! I didn't see that before!")

For next year, maybe including things like the Swap Meet? We had the hardest time finding the room it was held in on Friday.
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
Gollum
Veteran Poster

Post by Gollum »

I didn't like the horizontal schedule. I got used to it but still found it was hard to read. I prefer the vertical ones.

As for the Con Chowder, I didn't really mind it online. I understand that printing costs are expensive. However the schedule updates probably shouldn't be titled Con Chowder if you are going to announce that there won't be a Con Chowder at all. It took me half of Saturday to realize that there were schedule updates because I assumed the Con Chowder was the one from Friday. I wasn't expecting the updates to be titled that since we were told they weren't going to be printed.