Thank you Cosplay Court Case Participants and Visitors

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Post by tmchiba »

I put a brief thank you in the pre-con post but it seems more appropriate to put it here.

Thank you to everyone who came to Cosplay Court Case, either to participate or watch. The cosplayers up front did an excellent job, as did the jury. The audience was also so enthusiastic, I am so pleased to see that. :thumbup: It went better than I could possibly imagined.

(If there is any feedback, negative or positive please let me know as well.)

Thank you all again!
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

Your welcome. I was in attendance and made it a point to drop by(and even tried to participate at the behest of my friends).

If there is any criticism to give, I'd say organization was the biggest problem you guys had. If anything the jury should have been picked from the audience and everyone else should have been sought out ahead of time. Especially, if you're going to ask for suggestions on what to try your defendant on.

The other thing, you guys lacked mics. Mics would have been fairly useful. Even if you had one on either side and for the judge. Then again, when you had Hiei up as a judge a mic might have been bad.

Overall it was cool and next year it should be even cooler, and I'll be back in the audience(and hopefully will participate this time).
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Post by tmchiba »

[quote=GMSenpai]Your welcome. I was in attendance and made it a point to drop by(and even tried to participate at the behest of my friends).

If there is any criticism to give, I'd say organization was the biggest problem you guys had. If anything the jury should have been picked from the audience and everyone else should have been sought out ahead of time. Especially, if you're going to ask for suggestions on what to try your defendant on.

The other thing, you guys lacked mics. Mics would have been fairly useful. Even if you had one on either side and for the judge. Then again, when you had Hiei up as a judge a mic might have been bad.

Overall it was cool and next year it should be even cooler, and I'll be back in the audience(and hopefully will participate this time).[/quote]

Thanks for the input. :) Yes mics would be useful and to be fair to programming, I had a room with mics originally but asked for a schedule change because the case was originally opposite the ball, and the room that was available was the room without mics. Mics will be requested in the future. I agree fully.

As for organization I also agree. I hope to continue to improve how things are organized. Ideally there would be some pre-planning. As much as possible. Though on the other hand I do like being able to open it to the floor too. But I agree with you, I can do a lot better in the organization category and will continue to work on it. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the input and for stopping by. :thumbup:
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Post by birdboy2000 »

You're welcome, I suppose. Personally, I didn't mind the chaos...

(Was the Myotismon. Got executed. It was fuuun.)
oobedoob
Getting the hang of this...

Post by oobedoob »

I was also in attendance and I have a suggestion for next year.

Have two "cases" one be completely (or as much as it can be) scripted with the people up there knowing what's going on. And then on the second one open it to the floor and let whoever wants to participate go up.

Also mics, but that's been mentioned :p

KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

TMCHIBA you the rocker. I saw the photos and those seem like a time well had. WIll you be doing this in Conneticon as well?
Pencil-Hands
Expert Poster

Post by Pencil-Hands »

[quote=GMSenpai] Then again, when you had Hiei up as a judge a mic might have been bad.[/quote]

haha, Hiei was my friend from home. XD
DM9Rei
Expert Poster

Post by DM9Rei »

[color:darkred]I thought it was so fun! But I would have liked to see a case between an actual Pheonix Wright and Edgeworth, or someone else. I was thinking that was what might happen, but it didn't. I still liked it however, but the chaos was a bit too much XD [/color]
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Post by tmchiba »

[quote=KAIN SLICKER]TMCHIBA you the rocker. I saw the photos and those seem like a time well had. WIll you be doing this in Conneticon as well?[/quote]

I have applied and it looks good. (Though there's no final Connecticon schedule and I don't want to speak for their panels staff) I've already started a thread at the Connecticon board about it. So if it's approved you bet we're going to do it. :thumbup:

Regarding some other comments, I don't know about scripting...I mean regardless of taking away the improv aspect, it is almost impossible to plan it out, since no one knows if they can make it or not until the event is scheduled. Since Cosplay Court Case (Or C3 if we want to get all cool and trendy about it. :P) is not a main event it does not have a definitive time slot so while I'd love to preplan it's just not possible. Plus despite the fact that the room was filled, recruiting through the forums can only do so much since so many people aren't on the forum. If I went by the forums I would have expected 10 people to be there. Now if these problems can be solved I'm all for trying to plan it better. :thumbup:

Regarding Phoenix Wright. I am more than happy to have a case with Phoenix Wright arguing it, however so far no one from the series has shown up at either case, and we can't do anything if they're not there. That being said, the case has worked without Phoenix Wright so basically it can work either way.

I know there is great demand for Phoenix Wright to take the stage and hopefully we can meet that sometime, but on the other hand I thought the prosecutors and defense team were very hilarious this year, and frankly I got a kick out of seeing characters like Tifa and Luffy and others arguing it out with the likes of Kaneda and Sanji among others. (I know there was more than that on each side I'm just being brief.)

But yes I will see what I can do about Phoenix Wright too. I'm more than happy to try to make everyone happy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you for all the input so far. ^_^ It all helps. :)

DM9Rei
Expert Poster

Post by DM9Rei »

[color:darkred] The case seemed really short too... It flew by, but that's also because we were having fun XD [/color]
drgnladysupreme
Committed Poster

Post by drgnladysupreme »

Wish that I could've attended. Due to room issues, however, by the time I was dressed and out, the Court Case was nearing the end.

Glad to hear that it went well, though!
J. Love Tatum
God hustle, 2016! Good hustle.
2017 is gonna be totally rad.
  • Hints will go here
  • For something old and new.
Klavier
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Thank you Cosplay Court Case Participants and Visitors

Post by Klavier »

I would love to be a part of a Phoenix Wright esque trial.
just saying though I AM going as two prosecutors on two days, if you want phoenix then you're gonna have to pin me on the one day I'm going as him.