Maid Cafe panel--feedback? >_<

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Doumeki-kun]than use some 3D paint to write the lettering. They also sell that sort of paint at Michael's....
[/quote]
Suggestion: Fabric puff-paint. It will work VERY well for this purpose, is sold in most arts and crafts stores, and is relatively cheap. It also dries really quick.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Oh! Are those the paint pens that you can draw on cotton fabric with? Man, i remember when i used to use those ALL the time in Elementary school...*sigh~*

So, Kiarrens, has the thought of maybe cosplaying as a maid for the panel ever crossed your mind? Ya know, JUST saying. hehe. :3
I've been on a con haitus for a while. Guess I couldn't abstain.

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

I'm pretty okay with anytime =]
Like Panda said, we'll probably arrive on Friday 4 ish and I don't really have anything planned on Friday or Saturday so I'd be okay with either.

Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

So basically, Friday 5:30PM+?
Otayshhh, Ficussss, what do you think?

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Doumeki-kun.]Oh! Are those the paint pens that you can draw on cotton fabric with? Man, i remember when i used to use those ALL the time in Elementary school...*sigh~*

So, Kiarrens, has the thought of maybe cosplaying as a maid for the panel ever crossed your mind? Ya know, JUST saying. hehe. :3[/quote]
No, and no, LOL.
The stuff I am referring to doesn't come in pens... more like little bottles with little funnel tips you squeeze the paint out of. It puffs up and is 3-dimensional, unlike the fabric dye pens you're referring to. :)
And yeah.... no maid outfits for me, lol. Sorry. Well.... not to a convention, anyway. HAHA *ahem* Moving on.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

*stares @ Kiarrens*
*smirks*

@ Doumeki: are we talking about a meeting time before the panel, or when we actually want the panel?
Because I'm pretty sure we wont get first pick of the schedule... We'll be scheduled in wherever there's a spot open (if the panel is approved at all).
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
Sakura Kaze
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura Kaze »

Yea I have to get out of school(2 also) and then pick up a bunch of people, oh and dissmiss the younger ones who get out later. So we probabbly will be there at the latest 5pm on friday.

@Kiarrens::: I know exactly what your talking about :] I used it for a project in 4th grade ^-^
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

@Ficus: Haha, i know that more than well, but Lou said to select preferred times...sooo, better safe than sorry, ne? Oh! I forgot to bring this other thing up! Myou and I were thinking about meeting up with everyone before the panel is set, not like a usual meet--if the panel goes through--but something like dinner at a small restaurant...IE. Denny's, or a cafe?

@Sakura: Why does everyone know about the paint but me?! 3;

&Finally @Kiarrens: So,...that's a no? I mean, i bet you would look FABULOUS in a maid outfit, ya know, JUST saying. I'm not trying to IMPLY anything. ;3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Alright, so after 6 or 7 on friday (no one should forget they have to wait in the pre-reg line for their badges first), and if available, before the masq on Saturday. That what times you're driving at?

And a meet would largly depend on where it would be at.... Wait, shouldnt we wait till we get all the maid apps in first? Then we can invite everyone...

[spoilerq:1]To Doumeki.[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]Haha, maybe if we keep pestering her, she'll give in. }:|
Then we'll have another small maid.[/spoilera]
Ashley Shaffer
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Doumeki-kun.]
&Finally @Kiarrens: So,...that's a no? I mean, i bet you would look FABULOUS in a maid outfit, ya know, JUST saying. I'm not trying to IMPLY anything. ;3[/quote]
That's a no, lol. I'm busy enough at AB as it is. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

Yeah! If we're accepted we'll probably meet a few times before the con and discuss the panel (I kinda think this should be scheduled on a vacation day or something because I think that's when we're most free).
But maybe the Thursday before the con, we can all have dinner together or something fun like that and non panel related. =3

As a prefered time I think 5:30 ish is good, we'll just have to wait until we find out all the maids' schedules.
I think what's most important are the times we can't do the panel. Of course, once all the maids are assembled we'd be able to find that out buutt until then. XP Oh BTW, how many applications have you recieved so far? I'll probably send mine in tomorrow or the weekend.

Oh yeah! My baby brother decorated a tee with that paint for school once, I think it'd be perfect for the lettering. =]
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I'm interested in this panel and I would like to be a part of it, I just have 1 question. I'll be crossplaying the whole con (I'm a girl) and I was wondering if you would accept an application for waiters? Or is the panel strictly maids?
*~*~Cosplaying at AB since 2006~*~*

AB 2014 Planned Cosplay (Subject to Change)
Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Ah, crossplayers...
Aye, havin a waiter might be good fer that ol' panel. I vote yay, what say the rest of ye?
(sorry, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day, so my grammar be affected.)

OOC: Sai! My poppet, Naruto was terrible to you. Myself, I felt like cryin at the Dating Game when he denied ye. (Plenty funny though.)
Ashley Shaffer
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

@Mirale: Haha, believe it or not i'm also for the idea of having a waiter...or in honor of Ficus: I would be thrilled t' be havin' ye as a waiter!

Just fill out an application, and we'll review it. :3 Of course...if we have ONE waiter we'll have to have another one to make it even. Sorry, odd numbers peeve me.

I'll write more when i get back from work tonight, sorry it was so short.

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

I vote yes! That would be insanely awesome, I know at Maid Cafes like Mai-lish they actually do have a crossplaying waiter so I think it'd be fine. =]

err...ARGG?
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

Thank you very much and I'll fill out the application right away.

[quote=Ficus]

OOC: Sai! My poppet, Naruto was terrible to you. Myself, I felt like cryin at the Dating Game when he denied ye. (Plenty funny though.)[/quote]

lol, it broke my heart, but at least I got to provide "fanservice" with Hikaru and Kaoru

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

[quote=Mirale Nemiwa]at least I got to provide "fanservice" with Hikaru and Kaoru[/quote]

Damnit, and i missed it? NOOOOOOOO!

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

Okay, the wig I have is like Death the Kid with the 3 stripes on his hair, would that be okay? Or can I just wear his entire cosplay, instead of getting another suit.

For those who don't know who I'm talking about, here is what he looks like

Or would this suit be better: Suit

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

First off, i just have to say that i love kid. ahaha, him and his perfectionist panic attacks are the definition of adorable...YES I'M INTO THAT SORT OF THING, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Haha. Secondly, i don't think theres should be a problem with his outfit, as long as it fits well, looks clean, etc. But you already knew that ;3 About the wig though...maybe because i've had bad experiences with wigs but...let's just say that they can be a bxxxh to handle. So i'm sorry if this might come off as a total 'WTF N00B' move but if it looks tacky i think it would be better to go with your natural hair...do you understand where i'm coming from?

@Myou:About the applications, i have only recieved one from the following people: Ficus, Panda, and counting mine...ME! Haha, so not alot....yet.

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

XD I totally LOL'd at the thought of Kid as a waiter. Imagine him trying to write with ketchup on omurice: "I'M WORTHLESS GARBAGEE! I can't write 'moe' evenly! *sulk*".
Mmmm I'd go to that cafe.

I think that it should be fine, maybe switch out the the jacket for a solid black color one or black vest and wear a tie to make it more waiter like. ^^

I think we're going for a "neko" theme, so all the maids will wear cat ears...Death the Kid with cat ears...
YAY for fanservice!

*edit: BTW, incase you wanted to see, here are examples of the crossdressing waiters at mailish, may give you ideas =]
Link
Link
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

gropes Mirale*
I agree with you Myou, YAY FOR FANSERVICE.
Hahaha. Jkay :3

MiraleINCHARACTER: YOUR OUTFIT IS UNEVEN ON ONE OF THE SLEEVES! HOW CAN ANYBODY FIND THAT MOE?! IT'S DISGUSTING. DISGUSTING!

...those links...those people...they're-they're BEAUTIFUL! That right there my fellow thread lurkers is what we call, bishounen. *sigh* I love pretty boys. :3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I'm using the same wig I wore with my Sai cosplay, just adding the 3 lines. I'll see how it'll look then, if I can, maybe upload a picture of it.

[quote=myou-kokoro]XD I totally LOL'd at the thought of Kid as a waiter. Imagine him trying to write with ketchup on omurice: "I'M WORTHLESS GARBAGEE! I can't write 'moe' evenly! *sulk*".
Mmmm I'd go to that cafe.

Death the Kid with cat ears...
YAY for fanservice![/quote]

lol, I can picture it. Oh and I have cat ears and a cat tail.

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Oh! I was lurking your DA--sorry-- and i realized that i saw you last year as Sai! If you're using that wig than it should be more than okay. I thought it was your hair...but then again..i'm blind as a bat. X3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

[quote=Doumeki-kun.]Oh! I was lurking your DA--sorry-- and i realized that i saw you last year as Sai! If you're using that wig than it should be more than okay. I thought it was your hair...but then again..i'm blind as a bat. X3[/quote]

*GASP* DA stalker, lol, my older sister in Florida thought I cut my hair, but no it is in fact a wig.

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Ahaha, Yesss i totally lurk your DA like...everyday..Jkay. Jkay. That would be creepy, man.

I had an incident similar to that...except i actually cut my hair. I posted some pictures on my Myspace a couple of months ago and my cousin called me up practically screaming as to why i had cut my hair...WHICH WASN'T MY FAULT BELIEVE IT OR NOT. 3; But! My hair ish growing, so i am more than happy at the moment. Yay for growing hair~!

[spoilerq:1]Oh! and...hehe[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]My title changed...hehehe. I've been waiting for that for a while now, just sayin'....hehehehe.[/spoilera]

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I read something on Butler Cafe's and it said that they would give the ladies a tiara to wear. Do you think we could fit that in somewhere, I'll gladly purchase the tiara's if it's possible.

Kinda off topic: I got my check, so I was wondering what I should buy (apron, vest, tie, another wig?).

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Exactly our idea, Mirale. We were previously looking for something to differentiate us from regular cosplaying lolitas/maids so we established that we were going to try to use kitteh ears.--which is simply adorable-- ;3

Oh! And about the whole attire that you're willing to purchase for the panel...i would just buy a white tie since our maid costumes are probably going to be the set, standard colour: black&white.

Other than that i don't think there's anything else that's going to be a problemooo. ;3

[spoilerq:1]Haha.[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]And yes, i do make pointless postss to show off my title. Haha, jkayyyy. :3 Wait, who is in charge of the forums?[/spoilera]

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

[quote=Doumeki-kun.]Exactly our idea, Mirale. We were previously looking for something to differentiate us from regular cosplaying lolitas/maids so we established that we were going to try to use kitteh ears.--which is simply adorable-- ;3
[/quote]

Oh, I know about the kitty ears, I already have those. I meant to give to guests, ex. if the winner of the game is a girl, she gets a tiara and a picture with the maids and/or butlers.

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Dragonmaster Lou
Show-off

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

[quote=Doumeki-kun.]@Ficus: Haha, i know that more than well, but Lou said to select preferred times...sooo, better safe than sorry, ne?[/quote]

Just remember, preferred time doesn't mean you'll get that time. It means that I'll do my best to give you that time if possible. Assuming your panel makes the cut (and nothing's set in stone -- I won't guarantee any panel making the cut until after the programming committee and myself have reviewed all the applications), I'll need to see what other panels requested the same time you did and then prioritize to see who gets the actual slot.

As far as worrying about pre-reg lines and whatnot, I wouldn't worry too much about that. No details have been finalized yet, but the staff committee working on fixing last year's line problems is also working on a policy to properly handle panelists to make sure they aren't stuck in line during their panels.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

[quote=Dragonmaster Lou]
Just remember, preferred time doesn't mean you'll get that time. It means that I'll do my best to give you that time if possible. [/quote]

Yup, i know. I was just saying, better safe than sorry. :3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

Don't worry, we realize that even if we are accepted we can't bet on getting our preferred time. I don't think we'd mind having the panel at anytime, really, if we're even accepted we'll just be glad for that. ^^

@Mirale: I think you can buy whatever you think would be bulterish. I'd say that the apron is a must but everything else, we'll give you the freedom to decide ;)
Just remember, don't go out buying anything just yet. I think you should atleast wait until we find out if we're accepted. =]

I think our prizes will already be sort of gender neutral...well as gender neutral as a maid cafe can get XD but I think tiaras would be nice too, draw in more female guests, anything to make sure it's not just a room full of guys XD

And one more thing (okay, a couple more)! I was wondering for the set photoshoot time, will we have a set or something? Like...will we just take pictures in the front of the room and have the guests line up? And will we make a space for that, like hang some white/pink paper from a frame for the background or something? Also, will the guest take pics with all the maids or do you think we should split into 2 groups so we don't have to fit 10+ people into one picture?

For @home cafe Link they take pics infront of their logo, so maybe we use some paper and draw/write something. =3

[spoilerq:1]off topic ness!![/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]DUDE. Your title is so awesome XD I didn't even know they had a title like that (doesn't pay enough attention to these things).

Yeah...my hair is wayyy too long, I keep putting off getting a haircut since I'm picky and don't know what haircut I want yet.

And uhh I was also reminded that last year, while I was cosplay Chrome, me and my Mukuro(Pandy) were asked by someone if our purple and blue wigs were our real hair...yeah....we though it was pretty ridiculous since it was our first time styling/cutting wigs and unlike your's, ours looked pretty fake and bad. XP[/spoilera]

Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

[quote=myou-kokoro]
@Mirale: I think you can buy whatever you think would be bulterish. I'd say that the apron is a must but everything else, we'll give you the freedom to decide ;)
Just remember, don't go out buying anything just yet. I think you should atleast wait until we find out if we're accepted. =]

I think our prizes will already be sort of gender neutral...well as gender neutral as a maid cafe can get XD but I think tiaras would be nice too, draw in more female guests, anything to make sure it's not just a room full of guys XD
[/quote]

Oh, I was thinking of doing it as a mall cosplay the day before Halloween (I'm working on Halloween).

And I won't buy anything like the tiara's, yet, but just in case this panel is selected I want to have a list.

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Hmm, I see. So I was right to include the ears in the application, I wasnt sure if we had finalized the neko theme or not.
Hmm, for the photoshoot: the maids could spread out around the front of the room, that way people could get shots of just their favorite.

[spoilerq:2]@ Mirale:[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:2]Fanservice with the twins? When did that happen, must've been while Haruhi was distracting me. BTW I'm kinda ticked that I havent found videos of the whole Anime Dating Game yet. Have you had any luck?[/spoilera]
[spoilerq:1]@ Doumeki:[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]Have you already hit Narutard while I was away? [/spoilera]
Ashley Shaffer
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

For the photoshoot, have you guys ever seen 'Train Man' the movie? It's based on a Akiba(akihabara otaku) who falls in love with a normie that he met on the train. In the movie he goes to a meet for one of his favorite voice actresses along with 93284293084 other guys who are as equally obsessed with the female. At the end of the conferance with the main host announces that there would be 5 minute freelance photoshoot of the girl. So for 5 minutes exactly they were allowed to take pictures of the girls without hesitation. Maybe something like that? But i don't really think that Anime Boston will be as cooperating to the host...haha. Maybe we should have divided photo op time. Ex. "For those who want to take pictures with Myou-chan please do so now/ Or /For those who want to take pictures of the entire maid group please do so now." To give an opportunity for the people to take a picture of their favorite maid, or the whole maid group...does anyone understand where i'm coming from?

[spoilerq:1]@Myou:[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]hehehehe. I knowsh~~~~~~*pokes titleh* SPIFFEHHHH. ;3[/spoilera]

[spoilerq:2]@Ficus: [/spoilerq]
[spoilera:2]Oh gods, i hope not. To tell you the truth i'm far from bieng a Naruto fan...SORRY FOR THOSE OUT THERE, haha. The only expection i could make would probably be with Tobi AKA Madra from Akatsuki....i just have a soft spot for "TOBI'S A GOOD BOY!" ^--^[/spoilera]

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

I've only read Densha Otoko (havent gotten around to the movie yet). But I thought that you already wrote down in the schedule that the last few min would be for the photoshoot. People can take pictures at the end of whatever maid they want.

Oh! and so far as a meeting goes: would anyone want to have it at the TokyoKid Halloween(ish) Party on the 26th of October? I'm not sure if that's a centralized location for all of us, but it's going to be a fun time even if it's not for a meeting.
[spoilerq:1]@ Doumeki:[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]Eh? No, I meant your forum title. I changes to Narutard for a post, then you get complains about lame user title, but I forget when that happens... I always love seeing people when they get to the Narutard milestone. :p [/spoilera]
Ashley Shaffer
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Having a meet at the Halloween party sounds fine. It's like killing two birds with one stone! We could meet up with old friends from AB and at the same time....meet people from the maid cafe! :3 Sorry to ask this but when is the Halloween party?

[spoilerq:1]@Ficus[/spoilerq]
[spoilera:1]Oh, i knew that orginally but i never actually got the 'narutard' title, and i was saying thank the gods that i didn't, haha. Because i'm not a fan of naruto. I don't know it just randomly skipped to 'complains about lame user title'...so beats meh! :3[/spoilera]

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

@Doumeki: That makes sense =] Maybe we should have it in pairs to make the process go by faster. Doing it individually for 10+ maids might take some time XP

The Halloween party sounds fun =3
I believe it's Oct 26, from 5-10 pm.
So I guess all the maids will have to be chosen by then, eh? So all you lurkers out there: hurry up and send in your applications!!
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

SI! SEND IN YOUR APPLICATIONS! Come one, come all! Come fat, come small! Come and send in your applications.

Haha. I really do hate myself sometimes. X3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Yup, yup.
Go to http://www.tokyokid.com/ for more information on the event.

But in past years I've shown up early for all the fun (scavenger hunt, park picnic, etc. All happens during the day.), maybe we could have the meeting a little earlier, so when the real party starts, we'll already be done with business?
Ashley Shaffer
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

I'm totally for it =], besides if we meet beforehand it'll probably be easier to focus since it'll be less crowded and spazzy.

Maybe we can find a meeting place near Tokyokid where we can discuss? I've never been there before so I wouldn't know but does anyone have someplace in mind?
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

I suggest meeting in front of the actual store, just so we can find one another. But there's a lobby downstairs, and some nice parks we could head to that are quite spacious.
Ashley Shaffer
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I tried to send you my application, but I got a message saying that it failed to deliver. My application is now lonely *sniff* :(

Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

@Mirale: *eyes get watery* what? Poor...application. Send it again! 3:

@the halloween meet: Theres a small restaurant below the actual tokyo kid store. At the entrance theres a slope that ascends to the Tokyo kid area and theres another slope-like path that's straight ahead. If you follow the one straight ahead you'll run into the mini food court. We could meet there, but i like the idea of meeting up in the front. How bout 15 min. before the halloween event starts?

@Panda: FICUS AND I ACCEPTED YOUR APPLICATION! Sorry I haven't sent you word in a while..i forgot the password. But no worries! i remebered it! :3

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
myou-kokoro
Veteran Poster

Post by myou-kokoro »

Mmmmm food, that sounds good 8D

And Pandy wants to thank you guys for accepting her =] she can't log onto her forum account for some reason so she asked me to tell you guys. ^^
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

@Myou: Nawsh, tell her that we'll forgive her for it if she attends the halloween meet. ;3

Oh before i forget guys! Are we still planning to have the 1-2 minute skit in the semi-beginning of the panel? If so, what are we going to do?

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

If you are planning a meet-up at TokyoKid's Halloween event, please do so in a separate thread (in the find a friend subforum...) in order to keep this one on the topic of the potential panel idea, applications, etc.

It makes it easier for those of us (like our good man Lou...) who are trying to keep up with the panel ideas. Thanks.
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Gotcha Jeni. *salutes*

Um, actually, for those who have already been accepted, should we move to a private forum for further discussion of what we're doing? Just so we can keep somethings a suprise for the panel *wink*. And we can openly discuss meetings there.

But keep this thread here incase anyone else wishes to say something publicly.
Ashley Shaffer
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

Thanks ladyhawke :)

Erm, but yeah. Like Ficus we could keep all teh activities and planning a secret. We could be like..ninja maids. :0

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

I believe you can add up to 10 users to a private forum thread. That could definitely be an option. I have done that before for planning purposes.
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Ficus
Show-off

Post by Ficus »

Since we want 10 maids, that works out perfectly. :o
Doumeki, since you happen to have all the applications handy, would you go and invite them to a private thread, por favor?
Ashley Shaffer