Death Note Mystery Game

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
JillValentine
Getting the hang of this...

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by JillValentine »

Hey anyone come to our panel on Saturday at 3? Just curious XD Yeah it was our first time running a panel and we were quite nervous about it all ^.^
Things went out of hand a little and maybe if we can, we can try it out again next year and make it a whole hell of a lot better.

Also if you guys attended, some feedback would be nice on what we can improve on/suggestions
That would be great if you can! ^.^
Kaze No Temari-kyou
Experienced Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Kaze No Temari-kyou »

[color:green]Marianna??[/color]
YagamiRaito
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by YagamiRaito »

I didn't get to go this year, however if you have the panel next year I would love to attend. Do you need any help with it? I've never been a panel head, and I 'd like to try it out.
JillValentine

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by JillValentine »

XD senpai

That would be great! Yeah first time this year and it was pretty disorganized but I am sure if we do it again next year it'll be a lot better. Help would be nice! That would be great!
Kid Keehl
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Kid Keehl »

Oh, very sorry about it very disorganized, but come on, you had fun. You know it.

But yeah, if we do it again next year, this we should make sure to actually keep it more organized and review what we are doing like a month or more ahead.
JillValentine

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by JillValentine »

Well we're actually planning it right now
Well not really...but I've been thinking and talking about it. So yeah I have a couple of ideas
I have a good feeling about next year ^.^
YagamiRaito
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by YagamiRaito »

Are you guys going to be at the April 5th meetup at the common?
Kaze No Temari-kyou
Experienced Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Kaze No Temari-kyou »

[color:green]ok so now that i know who you people are xDDD

your panel amused me but you guys need to stop ADD-ing and actually get to having people ask you questions. serious questions. at the end it was just like yeaaa...we have the clues from um...your questions...sorta. maybe have people *cough* hi! *cough* in the audience with a list of need-to-ask questions so if you go off track, one of them can ask a question.[/color]
JillValentine

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by JillValentine »

Light: Uhh I don't think so considering that Boston is pretty far away from where we live so it's kind of hard. If you're going to AnimeNEXT or maybe another con maybe?

Senpai: Yeah we know instead of asking the contestants questions, there were all these questions to like the main characters or so. (Like we were suspects or something but then again asking the main characters was not bad either) Acting out the clues was fun! But at the end it was kind of obvious on who it was XD

Still I had to admit, it was funny how people suspected that it was all of us who were Kira. XD Simply amazing
YagamiRaito
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by YagamiRaito »

Yea I'm going to AnimeNext, Metrocon, Comiccon, and otakon this year.
Death
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Death »

ya go to other cons but tell the staff to get volunteers to come and help with organizing it cuz if you had asked my i would come i was volunteering on Sat. but if you have it next year on a Sat. then ill help for a while
KoinuSephiroth
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by KoinuSephiroth »

Well, I was the Shigure IN it. I think that it was fine for a first year panel, but... there were issues. You need to make it clear to the audience that they are ONLY asking questions to the people you call up. People really ADDed, and started focusing on you guys running the panel. But it was really fun! You guys were awesome, even if it was disorganized.
Death
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Death »

well thats cool
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by tobiinpajamas »

the funny thing is i said to my friend "i bet he's just asleep" like WAY before the end of the panel...
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Meph »

yes! I went! I was BB in the game!! :3 it was fun despite how out of control it got. xD I felt a bit like I didn't need to be there. lol. but it's the fault of AB. they didn't advertise it as a game so nobody who went wanted to play xDDD

but we should try again next year!
Kid Keehl
Veteran Poster

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Kid Keehl »

BB, Shigure, you guys were awesome!
I was little Mello who helped run the panel.

But anyways, I understand that it was very disorganized, and we should've done a better job. And i'm truly sorry for it being out of control. As some of you have mentioned, I too agree on the idea of doing this next year. But this time, it should be organized, there should be actual questions and not just that, but a new plot or something else next year. We should also make it better, and funner. And actually make people participate. We should also try to get maybe the staff or volunteers to help us advertise so people will want to play.

Another reason that it was a tad bit disorganized is that, some of us...actually didn't know what to do...Near and myself, were really confused and we just went along with flow. We also tried to make it funner for people. But...the whole disorganization actually was my fault. I started the whole pushing Near and stuff, so I take the blame for it.

Also, some of us got really nervous, we weren't expecting a line for our panel, not at all. Our Matt started to get a little scared, but we went through with it. From what i've heard, some other people actually wanted to come in but couldn't since the whole room was so full. It was also our first time running a panel and not to mention, it was the first con for Near, and myself. So we were still adapting to the atmosphere.

But next year, if we can do the panel again, I promised it shall be ten times better than this year, and way funner. All questions will be directed to the participants who are IN the panel, and not the people running it. Not to mention, i'll be working on a better Mello cosplay so, cheah. :3

Thanks to everyone who was in the panel and who just came and had fun. Everything was greatly aprecciated, and it made my trip to Anime Boston funner, and hopefully our panel had made it enjoyable for everyone too.

And thank to everyone who has voluntered to help next year, the help would be greatly aprecciated. Also thank you Meph and KoinuSephiroth for being there. :33 We would be more than glad to have you in our panel next year. It'd mean a lot to not just me, but the rest of us. :3

Thanks for hearing me out~
Kayia

Death Note Mystery Game

Post by Kayia »

oh... so this is where this convo was hiding that you were talking about o_o

um but yeah it was disorganized and it would be cool to get things under control and stuff

oh i was the near there that kept getting pushed off the table [im short, that was a long distance ya know >: bleh <3]

having a plot and more stuff like that would be mad rad C:

erm erm... yeah i kinda ran out of things to say that have already been so said so.. yeah just saying hi and will... pop up... randomly... and stuff...