Fullmetal Legal: Feedback

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
PawShapedHeart
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]"Speaking of the panel, we should rehearse..."

Oh wait... it's over ^^;

Anyway, the panel was a complete success. I want to extend a greatly large thank you to all my panelists...
  • [li]tammertime - Judge Major General Armstrong[/li][li]Nyuu - Scar[/li][li]RaverGaara - Colonel Roy Mustang[/li][li]OtakuEmpress - Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye[/li][li]Broken Shinigami - Alphonse Elric[/li][li]QueenDuranie - Izumi Curtis[/li][li]darktigrisangel - Lust[/li][li]Nakano-san - Lieutenant Jean Havoc[/li]
And a special thanks to Kiarrens who setup and created the slide show used in the panel.

Improv, scripts, evidence and great people: All together these made for a memorable experience known as Fullmetal Legal. The audience (AKA the jury) was great in playing their part in deciding the outcome of the cases. Including, but not limited to... voting the winner/loser, sympathizing with the victims' egos, and chasing the 'Royster' around the panel room with a giant fan ^^

And not to toot my own horn or anything, but according to official sources, The Pillows concert shared a time slot with Fullmetal Legal and we still managed to fill up over 400+ seats in a room built for 700 ^^

So now I leave it open to you, the jury, to leave your feedback on how you felt about the Fullmetal Legal panel. Did you like it? Hate it? Maybe you loved it so much it was the highlight of your convention experience? (Okay, maybe the last one was a bit dramatic ^^;) So just let us know your thoughts and feelings on the panel. :content:

Slowly but surely, I will be receiving video copy(s) via email and will be working on editing so it can be uploaded for all to see. So once I get it rolling, I'll be sure to give you a link.

And once again, thank you for coming and having fun with the rest of us. *bow*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[quote=Havoc]...it was mentioned a few times to me afterwards that they loved the panel so much; they believed a sequel was in store. Now I know the history of sequels... they are never as good as the original... but, it sounds like fun...[/quote]

I am leaving it up to you tell us if you would like to see a new and improved Fullmetal Legal II with new cases, evidence and a whole lot more of FMA craziness. You don't need to tell us now... after all, Anime Boston 2009 is 424 days away ^^; but do share your thoughts and ideas.[/color]
Badge Name: PawShapedHeart

Cosplays For AB'14:
  • casual Natasha Romanov (Avengers)
  • Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)
Shady Lane Cosplay
Expert Poster

Post by Shady Lane Cosplay »

It was a lot of fun to do. ^_^

I would definitely be up for doing another one next year, if that's what the eventual decision is.
Risikafox
Veteran Poster

Post by Risikafox »

I would first like to applaud you all in making this a success. My sister and I attended with a friend(First in line, woot ^^), and the script and evidence was all well done. I did notice a slight... disorganization however. Did you guys get a chance to practice together beforehand, or was it more of a "Here's the script, we're on in five!"?
tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

We did get some practice in. Having the judge in California though was a little tough, kinda my fault. lol. But yeah. If we DO do this again, we WILL be more prepared, funny stories there... That's for sure. I personally never expected so many people to be there for it. And having the SLIGHT technical difficulties..... but it didn't sound like anyone was actually opposed to that part. XD
QueenDuranie
AB Alumni

Post by QueenDuranie »

I would definately love to take part in this again next con. Despite a few nervous moments and the snail pace of my computer, it's a miracle that it worked at all considering we had to load a program during the beginning of the panel. **Kudos to Scar for getting it working and finding that lovely photo he kept on showing the audience.**
It was the first time to do something like this and a learning experience for the next time. We know the mistakes and problems and can fix them and make it better next year.
Thanks to all who participated and especially all who attended.
:thumbup:
Pam "Izumi" Larson
"I'm a ALCHEMIST!"
2013 North American Guest Liaison
2010-12 Green Room Manager
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Winry says she's definitely coming next year, so we've already got our script done, haha.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

I can say nothing about wonderful things about this panel.

speaking of panels...

Even though you guys lost it in a few places, you did great with catching up, and you transitioned rather smoothly. Not only were you guys great, but the "jury" was also a great key player, and made the panel a lot of fun as well.

"The Royster" on the other hand... Speaking of the Royster

Let's just say, I had a great time, and glad I was able to attend (and help with) this panel.

Kia, even though you couldn't make it, great job with the tech stuff you provided. The rest of you guys were awesome as well. You did great in front of such a large crowd, I'm impressed. What impresses me even more is the number of people who attended.

From my readings, that room is made to hold 700 people, and there were a lot of people there to watch. And that's not even the best part: You were put to the test against the Pillows concert.

Thank guys for such a great time, and I hope to see this making a comeback next year! ^_~
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

I for one truly enjoyed being part of this panel, specially being my first. Granted, I was a little frustrated with the PC nonsense, but it worked out in the end. Having that pic to amuse everyone certainly helped lol. Many thanks to our cool group, and most definitely, to the awesome crowd that attended!!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

Yeah, a bit sad that the videos didnt really work, but at least we could get that pic....Um, were we supposted to pretend that it wasnt a Riza/Roy pic?

And I have a good shot of the Mustang harem, I'll post it here tonight when I've finished loading my pics of the weekend.

Judge Armstrong was amazing! (Even if a little biased)
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

Post by Fullflame »

was it before or after i ditched the havoc harem to join mustang? (i had the msa t-shirt on)

everybody was awsome, great panel. Was tons of fun... eccept for the mustang bashing. that was still funny though.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
BakuPocky
Getting the hang of this...

Post by BakuPocky »

I is PackKelp. <3; you know what I mean. Just don't forget to let me know next time around if you're going to do a sequal, since I still want to join this time.
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]*bow*

I'm so glad I didn't chase all my panelists away with the lack of preperation. And I'm glad they all want to return next year. ^^

I also want to put a shout out to anyone who took pictures and/or video of the panel if they could please e-mail them to me @ redneck.otaku@yahoo.com that would be great. ^^[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
Shady Lane Cosplay
Expert Poster

Post by Shady Lane Cosplay »

Watch.

We'll do something like this panel again next year.

And that damn picture will show up again, COMPLETELY unrelated to any of the cases.

And Raver and I shall have to start hunting you people down. >_<
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

Here we go, got thoses pics of Mustang's Harem right here....
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/ ... B08168.jpg
Ashley Shaffer
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

Ashley Shaffer
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

i had a great time doing the panel, my ADHD kinda took over at the end >.<
*note to self, more caffeine before i do something like that again.*
speaking of caffeine, we should rehearse... more...
since i was involved with the panel, i know why we didnt and everything, traveling=grrrrr
but now that we know, we will be even better then next year.
btw, i should have my video uploaded by either tonight or tomorrow. sadly, the camera died about 40 mins into the panel, so the end is missing :(

i ran into a TON of people that saw the panel on sunday and they all loved it.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

By the way, where are my cookies? :P j/k
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

Post by DevilNeverCry »

[quote=Redneck Otaku]
[quote=Havoc]...it was mentioned a few times to me afterwards that they loved the panel so much; they believed a sequel was in store. Now I know the history of sequels... they are never as good as the original... but, it sounds like fun...[/quote]
[/color][/quote]

I never said that.... but I am compltely and utterly for an FMLII.

Seriously. Give me a Havoc case and I'm there...

Who wants to see Havoc as a judge next time? I think that'd be friggen hilarious
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[quote=Nakano-san][quote=Redneck Otaku]
[/color][/quote]

I never said that.... but I am compltely and utterly for an FMLII.

Seriously. Give me a Havoc case and I'm there...

Who wants to see Havoc as a judge next time? I think that'd be friggen hilarious[/quote]

[color:red]You did say it... Saturday night, while you were 1/2 asleep and we were talking about a sequel...

And Alphonse owes Lou cookies XD I can't believe you remember lol[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
BakuPocky

Post by BakuPocky »

-perks up- Cookies?
DevilNeverCry

Post by DevilNeverCry »

no the hell i didn't/ I said the stuff about wanting a sequel, but never said anything about sequels sucking wind.

... *grumbles*
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

[quote=Redneck Otaku]
[color:red]You did say it... Saturday night, while you were 1/2 asleep and we were talking about a sequel...

And Alphonse owes Lou cookies XD I can't believe you remember lol[/color]
[/quote]

What can I say? I have a weakness for sweet baked goods. :)

I did stop by your panel for all of 5 minutes or so, just to check it out and see how things were going, and it looked like everyone, panelists and audience, were having a blast. Well done! :)
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

[quote=Ficus]Judge Armstrong was amazing! (Even if a little biased)[/quote]
Biased? ME?!?! Never!
But everyone was amazing, seriously!!

[quote=Fullflame] eccept for the mustang bashing.[/quote]
Who was bashing Mustang??? All I heard was that he likes Mudkips... (^_^) But don't we all secretly?!?

[quote=Ficus]Here we go, got thoses pics of Mustang's Harem right here....
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/ ... B08168.jpg[/quote]
Oh, you just HAD to, didn't you... lmao. Scar- that was amazing, btw. But one must wonder now if it was for the audience or just you!?!

[quote=Raver Gaara]i ran into a TON of people that saw the panel on sunday and they all loved it.[/quote]
(I just wanted to put that in again for good measure...)

[quote=Dragonmaster Lou]I did stop by your panel for all of 5 minutes or so, just to check it out and see how things were going, and it looked like everyone, panelists and audience, were having a blast. Well done! :)[/quote]

(and that too.... lol. you like e-cookies? They're just as tasty but without all those calories..)

I just want to say "thanks" and "awesome job" to everyone!! Scar for the computer stuff, and not blowing it all up, even though you probably thought about it. Izumi for being so on-track the whole time, and your script was amazing!! Edo and Al, you guys CRACKED me up doing your thing!!! It was hard to keep a straight face sometimes. lol. Lust, you were awesome (!!!), sorry for screwing up your parts and skipping some of your lines.. my fault. Havoc- you were awesome man. Some of those interjections REALLY made me lol, the script was AWESOME too!!! I'll have to MAKE SURE not to butcher yours next time, it was great! And Mustang....oh Mustang... what can I say? hmmn... lol. You were awesome! It was SO much easier to BS my way through all that extra time with you there- so thanks!! And I LOVED your script too. It was fun to yell that much, I just hope I didn't deafen anyone in the jury. To Kia- thank you SO MUCH for the evidence, that was awesome of you, and I can't wait to possibly work with you and Winry next year!! Lou- thanks for accepting this panel!! It was SO much fun to do, maybe next time you can stay to watch the hilarity ensue...lol
And last but CERTAINLY not least, to the jury- you guys were AMAZING. Really. This panel could not be without you all, if you're reading this, just take a moment and close your eyes.... I mean, pat yourselves on the back. All the positive (and the constructive) feedback was awesome, it really made our jobs easier and better up there, and therefore better for you all! So thanks! and I hope to see you all again (hopefully next year) and see how Mustang's "punishment/sentance" turned out... ;)
DevilNeverCry

Post by DevilNeverCry »

lol shhhh i don't think any of the audience knew that you screwed up the script until you just said that...

^_^ It's all good. We ran with it, nothing bad happened. Raaver didn't die... which would be good seeing she was in the masq too and stuffs (really wish i could have seen that, but you were literally RIGHT before me, so i couldn't >_<)

But yeah, the most enjoyable part of saturday other than the random MSA panel was FMA legal. I'm just glad my voice had come back by then. It would have been bad if i didn't have one, like in the MSA.

yay! no fail!
tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

I have no shame!! lol I think it WAS pretty obvious anyways.
but speaking of fail- I forgot to mention our fantabulous Lt. Hawkeye!! Who was obviously..... Fantabulous!! Poor thing has to now date..... THAT. *points to Roy*
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

I would so totally be up for doing another one next year, I was both very amused and honored that I got to be a part of it. Next time I am so blowing something...or someone up :p
Brian Magnant

tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

*points to Mustang again, then smiles innocently*
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]Poor, poor Mustang... that guy go abused by the Judge, beaten by a fangirl with a large fan and now that it is over... he realised his sentencing must happen... ..wait... that is more like poor Hawkeye... she has to sit through a date with him O_O[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
DevilNeverCry

Post by DevilNeverCry »

don't forget Mustang also has a restraining order to keep up with.
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]Oh yes... let's just hope Mustang don't run into any of your reamining girlfriends while on his lovely date with Hawkeye...[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

i will be catching up with those two sisters down in front... i mean... 1000 of community service is being worked on >.>
again, this was so freakin awesome!

and was someone try to copy my peaceful willow tree and babbling brook mantra a few posts back? :p
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]I love the calming techneique... howver it was pointless since everyone lost thier minds later on... lol

Dood... I hope we get enough support... I'd love to bring it back again in 09.[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
DevilNeverCry

Post by DevilNeverCry »

lol you're the only one who can pull it off Raaver. ^_^ it definitely helped my MSA anxiety... first panel EVA!

but yea... definitely need more FMA stuffs in years to come. Power to the alchemists!
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

my little mantra was ok for when people were coming in. i should have tried it at the end, OMG IDEA!
next year when everyone gangs up on me, i can just start doing that and sneek out :P
QueenDuranie
AB Alumni

Post by QueenDuranie »

I'm sure we'll have some "killer" cases for '09.
Especially with Scar involved.
;)
Pam "Izumi" Larson
"I'm a ALCHEMIST!"
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]Yeah...

Hawkeye & Mustang v Scar - suing for the overuse of the royai picture.

XD

The picture was epic.[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

LMFAO the pic so had the crowd going and that totally made it worth it to show it...over...and over again :laugh:

Why do I have the feeling I am not going to be allowed to touch the computer next year :p
Brian Magnant

ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

Elyssia vs. Daddy dearest

Case: Elyssia is suing her father for using pictures of her against her own will.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=QueenDuranie]I'm sure we'll have some "killer" cases for '09.
Especially with Scar involved.
;) [/quote]
Scar vs. Kimblee, perhaps?

Or even Scar vs. Amestris for discrimination?
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
PawShapedHeart

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]lol

Sounds like next year will be better then the first ^^[/color]

Cosplays For AB'14:
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Oh dang, bring it on, I'll defeat all of you! Even if I have to blow up the whole court!
Brian Magnant

tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

including Winry's parents?
(that's right..i went there...)
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

I make no apologies for what I did at that time. If you feel you need to defend her, I suggest you move swiftly or suffer their fate as well.

So, what shall it be dog of the military?
Brian Magnant

kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Nyuu]I make no apologies for what I did at that time. If you feel you need to defend her, I suggest you move swiftly or suffer their fate as well.
[/quote]
Now THERE'S an idea for trial, although I wager it'd be more emotional than funny. Hmm.
I do have funny images in my head of Roy running up and going "Hey wait, I thought I.... >.> never mind...."
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

[quote=tammertime]including Winry's parents?
(that's right..i went there...)[/quote]

I SEE WHUT U DID THAR. XD

So... "FullMetal Legal II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO???"
WHUUUUUUT????

:D
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
BakuPocky

Post by BakuPocky »

I'll bring candy! >> -slinks away-
QueenDuranie
AB Alumni

Post by QueenDuranie »

[quote=ladyhawke78]
So... "FullMetal Legal II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO???"
WHUUUUUUT????

:D
[/quote]

ACK!!! Electric Boogaloo.
I would love to see Schezka take on Hughes for back wages and unhealthy working conditions.
Pam "Izumi" Larson
"I'm a ALCHEMIST!"
hamstar138
AB Staff

Post by hamstar138 »

I recorded the whole thing and put it up on youtube today!

look for my account on youtube.

I'm mewpudding138

I was Misuzu that day in her pajama's with my hair down. My friend next to me was Kyon from haruhi suzumiya. I'm the first to talk in the video!
Marija Corriveau - Anime Boston Fan Creations Co-Coordinator 2023 - 2024
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff 2018 - 2022

~AMV Maker~

Anime Boston 2016 Trailer Winner - The Little Prince Returns
Anime Boston 2017 Editor's Choice, Judge's Choice & Best In Show - Timeless
Anime Boston 2020 Upbeat Winner - Harubaru
Anime Boston 2022 Editor's Choice - When Life Gives You Kaworu
tammertime
Show-off

Post by tammertime »

You...are amazing. Thank you!! Gao!!
hamstar138
AB Staff

Post by hamstar138 »

No problem! Gao! -^_^- All parts now posted! Go see it! ^_^ ALSo leave comments and ratings!
Marija Corriveau - Anime Boston Fan Creations Co-Coordinator 2023 - 2024
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff 2018 - 2022

~AMV Maker~

Anime Boston 2016 Trailer Winner - The Little Prince Returns
Anime Boston 2017 Editor's Choice, Judge's Choice & Best In Show - Timeless
Anime Boston 2020 Upbeat Winner - Harubaru
Anime Boston 2022 Editor's Choice - When Life Gives You Kaworu