So You Want to Staff An Anime Con Version 2.5

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Wii Block Her

Post by Wii Block Her »

Coming back for a 2nd year "So You Want to Staff An Anime Con Version 2.5" is back with even more information then ever.

What to know how to get onto a Anime convention staff ? Looking for a way to meet new friends ? Want to hear what we do as staff at the con and how you can help out.
We might even give up some of our Black Op's Con Stories (if your lucky and we don't get Febrezed first)
Jen Legay
Security Auditor 11,12
Security : 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11

At this time we are not hiring any Ninjas.
However, we are growing and things are always changing so please
continue to be in touch
Death
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

actually even though ill be 16 i would like to be staff but i dunno cuz i dont want to miss the panels that i like to go to
Fabrizo

Post by Fabrizo »

I believe you have to be 18 to staff if I remember the con rules correctly, but they do have under 18 positions with the volunteers. If you are interested in that, you will need to bring a parent or guardian to volunteer ops after you enter the con as a normal attendee. As long as you fulfill the work requirements, you will be refunded by mail your registration for the days you worked. You will need to have your own place to sleep though, as crash space is only open to 18 and older. All the information is in your Anime Boston Program Guide if you still have it.
Michael Cox
Panel Technical Coordinator '08-'12
Junior Tech '06-'07
guardianhunter
Determined Poster

Post by guardianhunter »

[quote=Death]actually even though ill be 16 i would like to be staff but i dunno cuz i dont want to miss the panels that i like to go to[/quote]

We'll have more information up for next year's panel after we've received approval. I do hope you got to go to this year's, though.

Once they actually start allowing stuff for next year to start being posted, then we can go into detail.
For now.... chill out and breathe.
You'll be alright!! ;)
Death
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

ill try just think that it would be fun to be part of staff cuz volunteers can go see any of the panels kinda like i want to do more that but it was fun except for not gettin the pass and lanyard yet cuz it is supposed to be mailed on sunday and still not here yet i did give them the info.