Cosplay Court Case 2008

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

Hello all,

I have just submitted the panel application for Cosplay Court Case 2008. As some of you may know we ran it last year at AB for the first time (as well as at Connecticon and some talented people ran one at Portcon as well ^_^)

Hopefully it will be approved ^_^

For those not aware, Cosplay Court Case is an improv event where cosplayers of all animes and gaming series are invited to participate as the judge, lawyers, witnesses, baliffs, and defendants as we put characters on trial for things. The room was packed last year and if its approved for this year I'd love to pack the room again. :thumbup:

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling for comments, suggestions, questions et cetera.

Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

I was at this event last year and it was great, I'll definitely be attending again. Improv FTW :thumbup:
Fetch
Show-off

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by Fetch »

Someone is planning a panel like that, but centered around FMA

showtopic.php?tid/3502/

If they don't get their panel accepted, maybe they can help you with yours.
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

I saw. And we can always use more participants. :) I figured now was a good time to talk about continuing the idea from last year since I just sent in the application. :thumbup:
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by gmsenpai »

Thats awesome. I look forward to attending your panel again this upcoming year. Congrats on the work you've accomplished coming into the second rendition of your panel!

I swear I'll try harder to make it up there this year.
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by LadyHawke »

I'm sorry I never got to go to the one at PCM... heard it was good.

Hope this happens at AB. Maybe you and the FMA people can work together like Fetch said...
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

Thanks for the support. ^_^ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I sincerely hope it will be approved for another year ^_^
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

If you'd like, I can forward your contact info to the FMA trial panel.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

I'm easy to find. The info's right in my profile. :thumbup:
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

The panel has been approved!

Planning can now begin. Now Cosplay Court Case is largely improv and draws on any cosplayer in the audience who would like to be involved, I'm always looking for people who are interested who want to brainstorm over how to make the event better. Plus we always have a need for baliffs to help keep the event organized.

Plus sometimes I've found some cosplayers will indicate who they're going as and that starts a whole train of possibilities.

:content :
cwong617
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by cwong617 »

me 2, only i was nobody and i think we could need a bigger room for the next event
Aarana
AB Alumni

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by Aarana »

Ah.

Kelly has been ignoring her forum duties.

Ha.

Anyway, the cosplay court case was a blast last year, if a bit over crowded (I mean, who woulda expected it?!)

but the best part, I will be cosplaying this year...so it would be interesting to attempt to participate :)
Kelly Duffy
Large Event Coordinator 2020
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by gmsenpai »

Hopefully they don't stick you in the same room as the sun this year. The panel was fun, but boy was it ever bright in there.
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

It's in Ballroom A this year according to the schedule, Saturday 3pm!
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

That Cosplay Court Case was awesome. So much fun and randomness that happened during the Anime version of 'Due Process'. I was the bailiff and also the surprised witness who called to the stage during the case about someone doing a mass murder in the registration line of the convention. Does anyone have a full video of it?
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

[quote=SlAyErPaTh]That Cosplay Court Case was awesome. So much fun and randomness that happened during the Anime version of 'Due Process'. I was the bailiff and also the surprised witness who called to the stage during the case about someone doing a mass murder in the registration line of the convention. Does anyone have a full video of it?[/quote]

Glad ya liked it. I am working on getting the full video up, though I need to break it up into segments.

I do want to apologize once again to everyone for the event starting slowly, and for those who waited patiently for the second case, which we were unable to have due to time constraints. I am very sorry about that. I will continue to try to improve things and fix mistakes and make the Court Case better and better. Thank you to all who came and to all who participated. You're all awesome! :thumbup:
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

Awesome I can't wait! :laugh:
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

Cosplay Court Case Videos (I swear no rick rolling) I'm not sure about the sound quality but it's all I have.

Part 1 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGzKJaeuOBM
Part 2 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uHOMe5HlgY
Part 3 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mS3gaY18E
Part 4 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDso3X7ya4
Part 5 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m22Cq6MQymo
Part 6 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgmgkjb6YS0
Ianny
Getting the hang of this...

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by Ianny »

I sat in on the panel for a little while, and found it wasn't really what I was looking for. I appreciate the effort you folks put into it, but it seemed a but too chaotic and jumbled with everyone up there at once like that. I'm more of an Anime Parliament guy I guess, which is no longer featured at Anime Boston, but is still on the docket for AnimeNEXT.

Anyway, thanks for putting it together even if it wasn't my cup of tea, and I'm glad to see others found enjoyment in the panel.
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by tmchiba »

[quote=Ianny]I sat in on the panel for a little while, and found it wasn't really what I was looking for. I appreciate the effort you folks put into it, but it seemed a but too chaotic and jumbled with everyone up there at once like that. I'm more of an Anime Parliament guy I guess, which is no longer featured at Anime Boston, but is still on the docket for AnimeNEXT.

Anyway, thanks for putting it together even if it wasn't my cup of tea, and I'm glad to see others found enjoyment in the panel.[/quote]

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate you passing them along even if it wasn't your cup of tea. We will be working on the chaos though. Last year things worked pretty well with the same amount of people on stage, but this year it became chaotic so we'll be working on it.

Thanks again.

StopAllSadness
Expert Poster

Cosplay Court Case 2008

Post by StopAllSadness »

Cosplay Court Case was really fun =]
It put me in a much better mood than friday cause of that 5+ hour wait in line..