Panel Recruitment: Ouran High School Host Club

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
faerietithe
Determined Poster

Post by faerietithe »

Hello everyone! We're looking at doing our Ouran panel again, but we need some assistance from you! We are missing one of our very dear hosts, Kyoya, and were hoping that one of you might be going as him. If you are, would you be interested in doing this panel with us? We would require to talk with you (via IM, email, etc.) as well as see pictures of your costume, you in costume, and such, to make sure you fit in well with our group, and aren't one of those creepy perverts (we already have one of those...)
So yes. If anyone is interested, post here or PM me. Thank you!
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Wooo! You're on the ball, way to go for putting this up. ^_^ *hugs her*
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Hmm. I know Kylah (aka Wraith) is planning on doing a Kyouya cosplay, but she doesn't check the boards often. I'll give her a call and ask her if she'd be interested in joining you guys, not sure if she would though, she's a little shy when it comes to audiences n stuff.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Fearix
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Fearix »

Hey, I hope this isn't late... But what members are you looking for? I'm in the process of making a Tamaki costume and it will be done by Anime Boston. I'm male and turning 23 in a week. Here's my MySpace page if it helps:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=10949221

PM me or AIM me at: FearixAWolfgang
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Hi! She said we were actually looking for a Kyouya cosplayer, if we need a Tamaki it would be up. Plus if we don't need a Tamaki your welcome to attend the panel. ^_^

P.S~I'm sending you a friend add anyways. ^_^ I'll let you know it's me in a message.
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Skyler23
Experienced Poster

Post by Skyler23 »

heya , its akira from last year, here are two fun ideas for your panel, if you get in a jam and still don't have a kyouya in jan, i will gladly go buy a wig and help out, i also don't mind helping out at the doors or inside working props

some ideas ive been thinking about is from this skit below
i have to say this is an awesome skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVb0Ll3vINU.

i was also watching a video of fred and george which looks funny you could do something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBfS3W_6nA
since there are plenty of pairs of twins walking around , grab two dress them up in a cape like Hp attire and have them walk in in the twins kissing.

AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Alrighty. Information update. Haruhi cannot make it to AnimeBoston 2008, and she was my person to get int touch with the others, so here's how it goes.

I would like to know who would like to see this panel, and attend it. If yes then, I need some hosts(ie the actual host club members)

I'll need: Hikaru&Karou, Tamaki, Kyouya, Haruhi, Mori&Hunny.
Possible others too such as: Kasanoda, Nekozawa, Apperances by Zuka club(if possible).

I have ideas as to what the hosts and I(Renge) will be doing to entertain our guests. If you need any information, or other ideas to add to mine, please PM me or e-mail me at Kelso016(at)gmail(dot)com.

I would really love to do this panel again. ^_^
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

*cough* Sorry for the thread bumping but when I posted this it was early in the morning and I think people didn't notice it very much, but I would love to do this panel again, and I would love to see who's still interested in seeing this panel continue. Plus if it shall continue I need people who are willing to cosplay the host Club-ness. So please contact me on here. Much appreciated.

~Renge
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Larielle
Veteran Poster

Post by Larielle »

Ooooh, mememememe!!! :D I'm definitely going to attend, and if you still need a Haruhi, I'd love to participate! I have the uniform, so if you need a different host I could probably be just about any of them, if needed... Anyway, I'll PM you with pictures of my cosplay :)
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

I'm glad that you would like to participate but I have a Haruhi, and full group for that matter. Full post update is followed with this post.
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

WOOOOOO!!! FULL UPDATE!!

I have a full Host Club. I appreciate everyone who was willing to help me!!! Those of you that I turned down, you're still welcome to attend, and enjoy the panel.

I have sent in the application, so I hope to be hearing from dragonmaster lou shortly. ^_^

I am still in need of any extra characters such as Zuka club peeps, Ranka, Kasanoda, cand possibly any female school Girl cosplay(not sure about this yet. Any extra charcter won't be a panelist themselves but will be making an apperance and I shall give them a special mention after they have appeared. ^_^

Thank you for all the support I get from you Ouran fans.

~Renge
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
SimplyRose
Veteran Poster

Post by SimplyRose »

Well if you're ever in need of a generic Ouran school girl, then that's what I'll be at AB 08 as. ^^ Just let me know, but I'll be sure to show up at the panel anyway.
Anime Boston 2012
Kigurumi!Slowpoke
Battle Royale Contestant
Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)
Delic (DRRR!)

JBA Cosplay
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Alright If I'll need you I'll be sure to Pm you about it and end up snagging you at the panel. ^_^
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Larielle
Veteran Poster

Post by Larielle »

[quote=AnimeGuru06]I am still in need of any extra characters such as Zuka club peeps, Ranka, Kasanoda, cand possibly any female school Girl cosplay(not sure about this yet. Any extra charcter won't be a panelist themselves but will be making an apperance and I shall give them a special mention after they have appeared. ^_^[/quote]

Oh, ok =3 I have the girls' uniform, so I'll just wear my hair down and attend the panel as a random customer!
WoopWoop
AB Staff

Post by WoopWoop »

I think it would be fun to do this panel. I'm a bit young... really young like 13 young but if that isn't a problem I wouldn't mind doing this in fact I would love to,(I understand if it is a problem tho)
I am a Hikaru,Kaoru,Kyouya,Tamaki,Hunny cosplayer (which is most of the host club) so I can be anyone from teh host club. and my favorite cosplay is Nekozawa. but I love all of my cosplays
I do all of these but the only pix I have of me in any of the cosplays are nekozawa and Kyouya. so I hope I'm anygood for this
Cee Ng
Charity Staff 2022
WoopWoop
AB Staff

Post by WoopWoop »

[quote=AnimeGuru06]WOOOOOO!!! FULL UPDATE!!

I have a full Host Club. I appreciate everyone who was willing to help me!!! Those of you that I turned down, you're still welcome to attend, and enjoy the panel.

I am still in need of any extra characters such as Zuka club peeps, Ranka, Kasanoda, cand possibly any female school Girl cosplay(not sure about this yet. Any extra charcter won't be a panelist themselves but will be making an apperance and I shall give them a special mention after they have appeared. ^_^
~Renge[/quote]

I should seriously start reading all of these before posting... oh well do u still need a nekozawa?? if not u'll still be visited by him anyway or by a tamaki or hunny (depending the day)
Cee Ng
Charity Staff 2022
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

lol. i would have volunteered, but i had other panels to do. (potentially)
i was going to wait and see if no one else volunteered, and i knew they would, so i didnt... yeah...

well, this sounds really cool! you guys had better be amazing! i will be stopping by, maybe in my fuzzy ouran cosplay, or w/e cosplay. but i will be there!

you guys are great for doing this!
*high five*
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

[quote=Itsuki][quote=AnimeGuru06]WOOOOOO!!! FULL UPDATE!!

~Renge[/quote]

I should seriously start reading all of these before posting... oh well do u still need a nekozawa?? if not u'll still be visited by him anyway or by a tamaki or hunny (depending the day)[/quote]

We do have a Nekozawa, but I would love it if you still stopped by the panel anyways. ^_^

Ravergaara: I'm sorry that you couldn't volunteer. And I'm gonna make it good. ^_^ so please show up and enjoy. ^_^
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

[quote=AnimeGuru06]
Ravergaara: I'm sorry that you couldn't volunteer. And I'm gonna make it good. ^_^ so please show up and enjoy. ^_^
[/quote]

ehh, no worries. maybe next year :cool:
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Woot! This panel has been accepted to appear at Anime Boston 2008. So be sure to put things aside and show up. ^_^ This panel shall have some audience participation plus a LITTLE photoshoot, so you can have the wonderful hosts pose for your pictures. ^_^

NOTE: DO NOT REQUEST ANY YAOI POSES PLEASE!! THIS IS A RATED G PANEL!

I hope to see you all in two months ^_^
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
SimplyRose
Veteran Poster

Post by SimplyRose »

Yay! that's great that you got accepted. ^^
I'll see you all there!
Let me know if you need any extra host club customers. :P
Anime Boston 2012
Kigurumi!Slowpoke
Battle Royale Contestant
Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)
Delic (DRRR!)

JBA Cosplay
LunaLily
Veteran Poster

Post by LunaLily »

[color:purple]Yay! :D This makes me even more excited!

I ended up missing the Ouran Host Club panel last year (partly because I wasn't introduced to the series/manga until right after AB) XD

Can't wait to see what's in store! ^_^[/color]
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

I'm SO glad the Ouran panel is returning to AB! Last year, I wasn't immersed into the fantastic world of Ouran until after the con, so I regretted being there later on. I'll definitely be going to the panel this year, though. I can't wait for it!
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Cool! I'm glad that I am able to do this for a second year in a row. Last year Ouran Host Club was still fairly new, so not all that many have heard o it/didn't watch it. So after they watched it they had gotten very depressed that they had missed the panel.
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

The panel's on Friday, right?
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

I believe Saturday actually! I'll go check my e-mail.

Yup yup Saturday.
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Uh oh.... discussion brought to PM. ><
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Real Nuriko
Expert Poster

Post by The Real Nuriko »

HHHuuuuMMMM =3 you want a Ranka????

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/T ... 0_1579.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was going to bring him, but if your panel doesn't interfere with my other plans I'll totally go =3

O_o so when is it?? lol