MSA panel

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

so recently i was appointed a division leader for the Miniskirt Army at Anime Boston, and I was wondering, especially since i was already approached by one of my division members today, about ideas for an MSA panel this year.

At this point, since it's so far away from the con still, I'm more worried about what the panel would consist of rather than a date at the moment (though we'd probably need to decide that soon, right?), and i was just wondering if any members of MSA that are here, or those willing to join up, had any ideas.

So far I've basically only come up with an MSA drafting proposal in my head, and that's about as far as my headache-driven, insomniacal mind has gone >_<
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

MSA panel

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Out of curiosity, just what is the Miniskirt Army?
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

The Miniskirt Army is the fanclub of Travis Willingham/Roy Mustang from FMA.

They are also the arch rival of the Resembool Rangers, which is Vic Mignogna/Ed Elric's fanclub
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

MSA panel

Sounds good to me... and I really need to watch FMA some time soon (I know, it sounds lame, but I haven't had the chance ^^;)

Can't guarantee you a panel, though, at least not until I know who else is applying to do what. At least I now know it isn't something completely inappropriate though. :)
Autographs Staff 2022-

My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

Yes, they could have possibly picked a better name... but then again, it's Roy Mustang...

lol you really need to watch the thirteenth episode to understand the meaning behind it... or better yet, the clip is on youtube under "The Miniskirt Army clip"

thanks for the consideration, I understand that it's early in the year and you're all busy getting things set up right about now.

I figured the sooner I got this up, though, the sooner we'd be put under consideration and the longer I'd have to come up with ideas *if* we did get panel time
dokool
Feeds off your tears

MSA panel

Post by dokool »

...does what amounts to a fan-club really warrant a panel? I can't recall anything more specific than an FMA panel in the past, but I don't recall there ever being a panel dedicated to a single character before (not counting Vic's GoH panel), unless someone who remembers the panel schedule well enough has a better memory than I do.
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I don't recall, either, and I really don't have the con programming books anywhere near me right now so I couldn't tell you.

All I really know is that I was interested in putting a panel together, one of my Skirts was interested in putting a panel together, so I figured that I might as well give it a shot and see what happens.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

MSA panel

It all depends on what the fan club does for its panel. If it's just a case of trumpeting up "we're so awesome," then no, it probably doesn't deserve a slot. If they actually have some useful or entertaining stuff concerning what they are fans of (even if it's spoofing the characters they are fans of or something), then it is more likely to get a slot.
Autographs Staff 2022-

DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

[quote=Dragonmaster Lou]It all depends on what the fan club does for its panel. If it's just a case of trumpeting up "we're so awesome," then no, it probably doesn't deserve a slot. [/quote]

That's not going to happen. I'm trying to think up things that we could do, but as of yet I really don't have anything, but I'm not the kind of person who'd want a panel just for the sake of promoting the 'greatness' of one character/fan club etc., over another, and it won't just be a 'oh we're going to bash the Rangers' or something to that effect.
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

we've officially gotten an application for a panel in. ^_^ Fullflame and I just worked for almost two hours on it too...
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I just had a very pleasent conversation with Kevin Connolly, one of my prospective panelists and VA for Kain Fuery and he said that he'd be honored to be on the panel if he was invited to come to Anime Boston this year.
tammertime
Show-off

MSA panel

Post by tammertime »

Sweet!! So what are you planning?
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

we're planning a Q&A time for people who want to ask questions about the skirts and stuff, we're trying to get a few of the VA's including Kevin there and on the panel and stuff...

We're also showing a slideshow that Fullflame is working on about the MSA, a military style Draft/enlistment/conversion for those interested, and maybe showing a few clips from last year's FMA panels
PatrickD
AB Staff

MSA panel

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Nakano-san]I just had a very pleasent conversation with Kevin Connolly, one of my prospective panelists and VA for Kain Fuery and he said that he'd be honored to be on the panel if he was invited to come to Anime Boston this year.[/quote]
Please make sure you NEVER invite guests to Anime Boston for us...and don't even imply to anyone that they may be invited.
The FAQ has more information on why.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I'm sorry, Patrick. I wasn't inviting anyone, I was just asking if they got invited to come if they'd want to be on the panel.

I'd just happen to tell Kevin that a few people were asking for him to come this year, nothing more.
PatrickD
AB Staff

MSA panel

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Nakano-san]I'm sorry, Patrick. I wasn't inviting anyone,[/quote]
Just making sure. :)
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

its always good to be on top of things like that :thumbup:
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

MSA panel

Post by ShadowWolf »

This sounds like it would be an interesting panel...

Though, I would love to have the whole idea elaborated. Certainly sound genuine though.
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

well, Lou has all the elaborite information. I'm actually trying to keep the programming that I want at the panel as much of a secret as I can, so that people hear about it and get to be interested.

So on here I'm disclosing as little information as possible. You'll find out more come Con-time. ^_^
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I have an itinerary going for this now. I'll post it tomorrow for everyone who whats to know what's going on in the panel (or what I'm planning on, anyway)
tammertime
Show-off

MSA panel

Post by tammertime »

Can't wait!
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

Alright, so, here is my itenerary for the hour and a half that we requested

- 'The MSA Skit' by myself and Fullflame
- Introduction of the panelists (just incase no one really knows them, mostly its for me and FullFlame though as at the moment we don't know who else is busy or will be at the con or what)
- 'Happy B-day' FullFlame's birthday is right after the con, so we're going to sing happy b-day to her
- Q/A
- Recruitment/MSA division sign ups

I may or may not have forgotten something, but I think that was pretty much all that we had had planned. ^_^
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

[quote=Nakano-san]Alright, so, here is my itenerary for the hour and a half that we requested

- 'The MSA Skit' by myself and Fullflame
- Introduction of the panelists (just incase no one really knows them, mostly its for me and FullFlame though as at the moment we don't know who else is busy or will be at the con or what)
- 'Happy B-day' FullFlame's birthday is right after the con, so we're going to sing happy b-day to her
- Q/A
- Recruitment/MSA division sign ups

I may or may not have forgotten something, but I think that was pretty much all that we had had planned. ^_^[/quote]

I think you got everything right major. Exept for one thing, the Travis slideshow! though i forgot where we where gonna put that, i think either before intro or after intro.

I'm the infamous Fullflame by the way everyone. ^.^ The one who gave Travis the t-shirt with the miniskirt army line on it.

Also, someone said a panel for one character? it's more like one voice actor and his characters. Not just Mustang, there's also his new part as ginko from mushishi and as i hear, he's the funimation's voice for portugas D. Ace (aka: luffy's brother) from one piece. and he's also ginko from ergo proxy as well.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

MSA panel

Post by troublemaiker »

first of all, fullflame, i love that icon. but by looking at the stars, its not the colonels. he has three stars. other that that, i love it!
sorry i notice things like that. when i got my roy costume, i found every flaw on it...

...ANYWHO...
i just saw FMA about two months ago, and once i started i couldnt stop. i finished it all in about three days. i watched during skool, it was awesome.

Nakano-san, i hope the panel gets approved, i will be going. Im in the miniskirt army and my best friend is a RA. so i will sneek away from her.

If you need any help or a Roy cosplayer, I can maybe help since were working on the Military Trials Skit together. Not trying to impose mind you, just throwing it out there.

one last thing... did the link for the miniskirt army change at all? i cant find it anymore and someone said it got shut down...
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

yeah, we have a forum now that's basically a ghost town, lol

MSA Forum

I hope this gets approved too, because that'd be awesome, and it would make me feel so good ^^ so very very good.

lol Oh YEAH, dammit... the slide show... yeah, that went After the Intro and before either your b-day thing and the Q/A, probably before your b-day thing ^^
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by yunaofparadise »

Hello guys, MSA member here and AB con freak here saying,I'msogladsoguysaredoingapanelandIcan'twaittogoifIcango! Whew!! That was a mouthful. Anyways hope to see you guys there.
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

lol thanks. We don't know if we have the panel yet though, we have to wait for the new year and for Lou to approve it, but it's in the works.

This panel is proving to at least be moderately popular (that's what, 60-ish ppl at least, Fullflame?)

so hopefully we get it on grounds of popularity ^^
PawShapedHeart
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

MSA panel

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]MSA... I should join that... :D [/color]
Badge Name: PawShapedHeart

Cosplays For AB'14:
  • casual Natasha Romanov (Avengers)
  • Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

yes, yes you should

lol if you wait until the con I can recruit you @ the panel (if we get it)
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

[quote=Nakano-san]yes, yes you should

lol if you wait until the con I can recruit you @ the panel (if we get it)[/quote]

well ACTUALLY there is a way to join now. but it's a little more complicated because of the site problems. if anybody want some help i'd be glad to help actually. just e-mail me.

[quote=Raver Gaara]first of all, fullflame, i love that icon. but by looking at the stars, its not the colonels. he has three stars. other that that, i love it!
sorry i notice things like that. when i got my roy costume, i found every flaw on it...

If you need any help or a Roy cosplayer, I can maybe help since were working on the Military Trials Skit together. Not trying to impose mind you, just throwing it out there.

one last thing... did the link for the miniskirt army change at all? i cant find it anymore and someone said it got shut down...[/quote]

first of all- thanks.
second- i'd love to clash with ya at the con in your Cosplay <<is also doing mustang))
and third- the site has been down for a while and they're making a new one that is actually predicted to be out around new years if i'm thinking correctly. so don't worry, it'll be up long enough before the convention.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

MSA panel

Post by LadyHawke »

I have nothing pertinent to add to this thread. Nothing.

I just needed to add that FullFlame's avatar made me LOL pretty hard...
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

Lol. i found it in my collection of icons and i though:
OMG LMAO
but then, i WAS an ed cosplayer at the last con i went to and at AB i'm gonna be mustang. Plus i AM Fullflame (if anybody caught the yaoi part in the name)

waa~ and i just found out i can't bring a "glomp the mustang" sign to AB. oh well. so NOW i'm gonna try a new plan.
if you see me at anime boston, glomp meh, free of charge.
to narrow down your search here's some stuff:
~i'm only going on saturday (blame school and church)
~i might end out being the only female roy mustang cosplayer who isn't wearing a skirt.
if i'm lucky my parents will let me dye my hair black (temporary) for the day, if not it'll be it's same old boring brown color.
~i might do random mustang quotes in the middle of the halls (mostly miniskirt and dogs and "ed is the sexiest short person i have ever met")
~if you're cosplaying as havoc or hughes i'll be hunting you down for special havoc moments and for some crazy hughes moments. ALONG with you ed cosplayers out there, wee~ shortness.
~if you see a hughes going crazy about his daughter, i'm there!

i'll probobly add more to that some other time. I'm also on a hunt for several other characters, like ginko, portugas D. ace (luffy's bro) and basically any other travis character (yes travis is now voicing for ace and i know how ironic that is) along with some death note characters and stuff.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

[quote=Fullflame]
~if you're cosplaying as havoc or hughes i'll be hunting you down for special havoc moments and for some crazy hughes moments. ALONG with you ed cosplayers out there, wee~ shortness.
[/quote]

I'll finally figure out what that was like for my cousin one year being Havoc for me.

Lol I think I might just be the only Havoc at the con, Fullflame, I've never seen any other ones, save for my cousin the year he did his.

but, panel-wise for news -

I got Lou's confirmation for recieving our panel application, I just have to wait until I'm pre-registered to reply to that...
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

and i'm registered and have replied ^^

yay *does a happy dance*
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

THE MINISKIRT ARMY SITE IS BACK UP BY THE WAY!!!!

www.miniskirtarmy.org
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

MSA panel

Post by troublemaiker »

[quote=Fullflame]THE MINISKIRT ARMY SITE IS BACK UP BY THE WAY!!!!

www.miniskirtarmy.org[/quote]

sweet!
i have been waiting for the site to come back up!
*attempts happy dance, but is sick*

so your panel...
I believe master Lou said the panels would be decided within the first week of the new year? or was that start going through them in first week of the new year?
either way, almost there! :P
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

first month, Raver, but yes, almost there lol.

Lol if you look at the site, our little division bio.. (or my little division leader bio, whatever), ish pretteh funny.

They also gave me a new email, which is pretty neat.

but yes, less than a month to wait now, and I'm excited.
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

MSA panel

Post by Shiroikami »

Definitely looking forward to this panel if it gets accepted! ^_^

Even if it doesn't, there will always be a way for us Skirts to get together at some point, right?
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

yes yes. We're going to have a photo taken at some point of all of the AB skirts. If the panel isn't accepted it'll probably be during the time we were supposed to be running the panel.

If it is accepted, it'll be after the panel ^^
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

*wishes she wasn't the one doing this so she wouldn't be bumping topics*

we were ACCEPTED ppls! yay! lol
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

MSA panel

Post by ShadowWolf »

Awesome, great job! I had a feeling you would.
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

[quote=Nakano-san]*wishes she wasn't the one doing this so she wouldn't be bumping topics*

we were ACCEPTED ppls! yay! lol[/quote]
YES!!! i shall now be squeeing and telling even more people about the panel and when.

By the way, general nakano, you might want to post the times for the panel if possible.

ALSO, i'm am on a mad search for AT LEAST a digital camera that can take a lot of video (long enough for a panel) i have somebody who can keep an eye on it if you need it and i have a camera stand as well that i'll be bringing anyway to take pictures of the msa with.

now i shall go squee until anime boston. *runs around freaking out*
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

MSA panel

[quote=Fullflame]By the way, general nakano, you might want to post the times for the panel if possible.[/quote]

It might be a bit premature to post, as the times are still subject to change depending on guest needs.
Autographs Staff 2022-

DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I posted it on the MSA forum and told everyone there to keep an eye out incase the time changes,

it's also on the MSA Myspace and i commented Travis as well (neither of them have checked it since) lol

and I had to tell Travis... i mean... yeah... if i didn't tell him there would be a problem.

but anyway... i will be letting EVERYONE know about time changes, if they happen, right after Lou tells me.

Which leads me to a question-

"No A/V"? hmnnn? *vaguely remembers requesting a projector*

something that will clear up closer to the con, maybe?
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

MSA panel

Ah, let me explain the "No A/V" thing...

That room originally didn't have any A/V and was listed as such in my room tracker (I have one huge database that tracks panels, panelists, rooms, etc., and they're all linked to each other). The night before I scheduled your panel, I managed to snag some A/V for the room but I forgot to update the room tracker. Therefore, when your email was sent out (which gets all its info from the database), it still had the stale room info in it.

Rest assured, there will be A/V in that room now.
Autographs Staff 2022-

DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

ah. Alright. You had me worried there for a minute.

^_^ thankies, Lou *huggies*
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

my gosh the con's coming up soon! I've got the new anime insider right here and AB's made it! just nearly a month to go now.
I hope everybody's ready. my cosplay is mostly done exept for the hair, i need to cut it shorter and i NEED some help with the coloring:
I need to find a color dye that won't make my hair a mess, but i can wash it out and a few washes or something. can anybody help?
also, anybody have any ideas where i might be able to find some cat paws possibly? or how i could make some easily? (this was just an idea i thought of)
(also, great icon general, made me squee and laugh)
the bucket thing seems to be going well, lets tell everybody how we've got it set-up for now, if that's ok.
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

actually, i'm waiting for final word from ada before i release any information about that last part.

ehehe i like the icon too, it was floating around... but ja, anyway...

there should be some removeable hair dye... i think loreal makes it, that won't do anything really bad to your hair and will come out soon.

As for cat paws, I have no idea...
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

MSA panel

Post by Fullflame »

thanks, any idea where i could get some?

wake up people! it's dead in here and there's a month left!

that reminds me, we still need to find somebody with a video camera that will last long enough for the panel (mine only goes about 30 minutes. unless i can somehow get a better memory card or maybe just another one)
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
DevilNeverCry

MSA panel

Post by DevilNeverCry »

generally, Wal-marts are good places to find it... or any place that sells hair dye, actually