General Questions or Panel Help 2018

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
tehscribbles
AB Staff

General Questions or Panel Help 2018

Post by tehscribbles »

Have a question for Anime Boston Panels 2018? Post here! Email is also an option, panels@animeboston.com reaches myself and my assistant.
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
mpaulweeks
Getting the hang of this...

Re: General Questions or Panel Help 2018

Post by mpaulweeks »

Yay, one of my panels got accepted! :D

Quick question about the badges:

This is my first time paneling at Anime Boston. Other cons I've presented at issued me a unique panelist badge, whereas the AB FAQ discusses "badge reimbursement". So it sounds like I should buy a normal badge through the website and then expect to be reimbursed for the cost later?

Just wanted to double check because at the last con where I presented, I ended up with an extra badge and it was a mess.

Can't wait for March!
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Correct, you have to buy a 2018 Anime Boston badge. Just make sure you check in to prog-ops on 200 so we can confirm your address and your badge number in order to receive the reimbursement after the convention. :)
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

mpaulweeks wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 am Yay, one of my panels got accepted! :D

This is my first time paneling at Anime Boston. Other cons I've presented at issued me a unique panelist badge, whereas the AB FAQ discusses "badge reimbursement". So it sounds like I should buy a normal badge through the website and then expect to be reimbursed for the cost later?
I would like to add that last year was the first year they gave us an extra sticker for the badge for panelists, to help with lines. I believe they were applied to the badges after pickup. It is quite useful for getting back into the main building if you happen to get stuck in a large line.

Though I suppose I'll take this time to ask if this system will return for 2018?
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Yes, the fast track for panelists is something I want to bring back. We are working on the details of that now so I cannot confirm or deny that it is happening this year yet. But you'll still get a bag of goodies when you check in! :)
mpaulweeks
Getting the hang of this...

Post by mpaulweeks »

Great. Thank you both for the speedy response!
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Panel emails are out!Few things to go over.

1) If you have a problem with your time, please email!We can work this out.
2) Do not swap times with your friends without emailing me and I can confirm it from both parties. Updating in many places has to happen by hand so I have to track them.
3) Please feel free to post here or email for questions, I do not respond to FB/twiter/tumblr etc.
4) Give me 24-72 hours to respond, I do have a job, I have to eat, and feed my cats just like you :)
5) I'm ready! I hope you are! :D
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Hey panelists!

If you are in the Sailor Moon Masquerade please check your panel times! If you need a new time please email me, I have a bunch of you needing new times because of this and I want to make sure I can rework for new times for everyone. I am working with AB Masquerade to make sure these time don't cross over either for everyone.

Thanks! :)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...Man, am I glad I don't have your job this year. The schedule's not even live yet =O

This year is gonna be good ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Rosabelle3344
AB Alumni

Post by Rosabelle3344 »

I'm a panelist presenting a panel on Friday, but I don't have a hotel room. Is there a safe location for me to store my laptop before and after the panel?
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I commuted with my laptop on the days i had panels, which was Friday night ans Sunday morning or afternoon. I kept it in my backback.

There is a Coat/Bag Check in the Hynes. You could put your computer in a bag or carry case and leave it with them. It's $2 and is located on the first floor of the Hynes across from the Dealers' Room.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^