Two Japanese Music Panels at AB 2017: Indie Music & Weird Old Music Videos!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Xias
Veteran Poster

Two Japanese Music Panels at AB 2017: Indie Music & Weird Old Music Videos!

Post by Xias »

Excited to report that I will be hosting two music panels at this year's Anime Boston! First will be (5 Years Of) Japanese Indie Music. Inspired in part by AB's Retro theme and to celebrate my fifth straight year hosting indie music panels at anime cons, I will present my favorite music videos from my past indie music panels. Whether you've attended before or not, I'm sure you will find some outstanding new artists and songs across a wide variety of genres! In addition, I will also discuss what it was like to attend a concert in Japan for the first time last year, so if you're curious at all about that come check it out! Indie Music is currently scheduled to take place on Friday, March 31st at 5:30 pm in Hynes Panel Room 309.

My second music panel is the aptly titled Weird Old Japanese Music Videos. Again inspired by AB's retro theme, I am going to present a collection of the weirdest music videos I've ever come across as a longtime fan. For those of you who have been to the panel "Awesomely Bad Japanese Music Videos" at other cons, this will be somewhat similar (although I'm focusing on weird, not bad, so don't expect any little girls singing the same annoying song for seven minutes or any of the other stuff of that sort that they do) with some of the same videos. We'll include stuff from the 80s, 90s, up through the early 00s. If you enjoy the strange and often bizarre world of Japanese music videos, this is probably the panel for you! Weird Old Japanese Music Videos is currently scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 1st at 11:00 pm in Hynes Panel Room 202.

Hope to see you at one or both of these panels, thanks for reading!
Last edited by Xias on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Re: Two Japanese Music Panels at AB 2017: Indie Music & Weird Old Music Videos!

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Your Weird Old Japanese Music Videos panel has got me intrigued--I'd LOVE to come to that panel!! ^_^ ^_^
Xias
Veteran Poster

Re: Two Japanese Music Panels at AB 2017: Indie Music & Weird Old Music Videos!

Post by Xias »

Bumping because I just added in our tentative dates/times for both panels!
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX