The best 1 AM Mushishi panel of all time.

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Yuusuke
Getting the hang of this...

The best 1 AM Mushishi panel of all time.

Post by Yuusuke »

OF ALL TIME.

I hope some of you will join me for What Mushishi Teaches Us About Japan and Ourselves on Saturday (technically Sunday) at 1 AM. While all the lewd people will be off doing Cosplay Shenanigans and asking Fakku anything, we're going deep--way deeper than anything they'll be doing.

As I wrap up making the panel I'm deciding which episodes/chapters I should talk about and which I should cut since the panel is only an hour, so if anyone has a strong favorite episode that they'd like to talk about I would definitely factor that in! I haven't done this panel since the new season came out so I'm mainly deciding what material from that I should work in.
Ashley

Re: The best 1 AM Mushishi panel of all time.

Post by Ashley »

As someone who's also doing a panel amidst a forest of lewdness, I wish you luck! :D

And my question is, is this panel entry level-friendly? I've never seen/read Mushishi but have been meaning to since I love series like Natsume Yuujinchou, which it seems to share similar thematic elements with. Will your panel have rampant spoilers? Is this even a series that has rampant spoilers? I'd love to attend if I can, but I wouldn't want to ruin any of the surprises of a good show. ^^
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Post by AbZeroNow »

Mushi-shi is episodic. Even if you were spoiled as to what happened in 1 episode, it wouldn't ruin your enjoyment since the episodes are essentially stand-alone. There is an episode that delves into Ginko's backstory[that is a great episode] however.
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
Yuusuke

Post by Yuusuke »

AbZeroNow is basically correct. I very much doubt anyone new could attend the panel and feel like the series was spoiled for them. I only explicitly spoil the ending of two episodes.

I do think some of the panel will be hard to understand if you haven't seen any episodes at all, but someone who's only seen three episodes could easily follow I think. If you have some time you could watch episodes 1 and 12 (the Ginko backstory episode) of the first season and have a pretty good idea about what I'm talking about for most of the panel.

I know the idea of watching anime while prepping for a con can sound ludicrous to some people, but I hope that helps. Good luck with your Friday panel!