In desperate need of switching panel slots!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Ashley
Getting the hang of this...

In desperate need of switching panel slots!

Post by Ashley »

Hello, AB forums,

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but I emailed the assistant director of programming and have yet to receive a response, so I'm really starting to panic. If I can switch with someone, I'd rather do it sooner than later so as to avoid any confusion for attendees, staff, and other panelists.

I've just found out that AB has mistakenly scheduled my panel at a time I explicitly stated I would be unavailable for. Since I'm coming from out of state and cannot take off from work, I'll be unavailable Friday from the start of the convention up until about 8:00 PM that night. After that, I'm basically free the rest of the weekend until 1:00 PM on Sunday. However, my panel (Of Ghosts and Gallants: Gothic Horror in Anime) was scheduled for the 10:30 AM-11:30 AM time slot on Friday in Hynes Panel 310.

All I need to run my panel is a projector and projector screen and a VGA connection. As I mentioned before, I'm free to run it basically any time from 8:00 PM Friday (though preferably after 9:00 PM) to 1:00 PM Sunday. If anyone is at all able to switch their panel slot with mine and would be willing to do so, I would be enormously grateful!

Thank you!
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Re: In desperate need of switching panel slots!

Post by H. Guderian »

I hope you're able to get help. I'm sitting in on on a friend's panel first thing Friday morning so I can't be available to swap.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Might help to email panels@animenoston.com and PM Scribbles aka Kate. She is the Director of Panels and Programming.

As for your request to switch, funny you should mention that specific slot: It is also the slot when Opening Ceremonies begins. I would offer my only 60-minute panel for that slot (currently locked in for the following night) but unfortunately, there is another panel of a similar topic as my particular panel that is also running from 10:30AM as well.

At the very least your panel will be pulled from that slot once word reaches Scribbles. It'll just be a matter of finding someone a slot to move your panel to and preferentially, a replacement for that open block of time. As it happens, I know there are several waitlisted panels that could be swapped in. That's for the Programming team to figure out though so I'll end my speculating there XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
erbaltea
AB Staff

Post by erbaltea »

Kate has received this request. She is at work. She will reply at her next available opportunity......
Jared D. Erb
Special Projects '24
Assistant Director of Technical Operations '19, '20, '21, '22
Executive Advisory Council '16, '17 & '18
Special Projects & Load In/Load Out Coordinator '14, '15, '16, '17 & '18
Senior Tech Staff '13
"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!"
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

erbaltea wrote:Kate has received this request. She is at work. She will reply at her next available opportunity......
Thank you kindly for the update! And thank you to everyone else for the consideration. :)
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

I have replied to your email with some new times to choose from. I check my e-mail pretty religiously in the evenings, but am generally unable to reply to anything between 10pm and 6pm the next day, simply due to my work and sleep schedule.

While you are free to discuss openly on the forums if you are looking for another panelist to switch with, E-mail is the best place to go for change requests. It gives a good central place for the programming department to work from, and ensures that things don't get lost in the shuffle. :)
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

tehscribbles wrote:I have replied to your email with some new times to choose from. I check my e-mail pretty religiously in the evenings, but am generally unable to reply to anything between 10pm and 6pm the next day, simply due to my work and sleep schedule.

While you are free to discuss openly on the forums if you are looking for another panelist to switch with, E-mail is the best place to go for change requests. It gives a good central place for the programming department to work from, and ensures that things don't get lost in the shuffle. :)
I received and replied to your email! Thank you for all your help! :) I apologize if I seemed frazzled -- since it was so close to the con, I was afraid my panel might be cancelled if no accommodations could be made, which is why I wanted to jump on the forums and take the initiative in case I needed to swap with somebody. Thank you again!