Narrative Collapse and the Modern Otaku

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Narrative Collapse and the Modern Otaku

Post by H. Guderian »

Sunday, 10:00, Sheraton Public Garden

Nice and early in the morning to bring up Post Modern Narratives and Hegelian philosophy! Well, get ready, 'cause this panel's going deep. Pulling from nearly every source I can manage to understand, this'll be an examination of how narrative in anime has changed throughout the medium's short history. What happened to Narratives, both the small and the postmodern types? Who and What caused them to change? ...and what of the Otaku who consumed them, and how have they shaped the new narrative trends?
tim_p
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Narrative Collapse and the Modern Otaku

Post by tim_p »

This sounds like quite an interesting panel. It's on my list.

BTW, have you ever read the book "Otaku: Japan's Database Animals" by Hiroki Azuma? It sounds like it's relevant.
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

Indeed. In the past year I've been so busy with work taht I haven't watched as much anime as I normally would have. In the meantime though i have been able to squeeze in a bunch of books on Anime and Otaku theory. A lot of the panel is pulled from the works of these anime scholars.
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

Bumping for feedback?

I kinda know a lot of my problems.
Essentially I over-researched and didn't have anywhere near enough time to hit all my points. I was quite afraid of running out of time. I never did so much research for a panel before, so it stressed me out.

I hope at least it was food-for-thought to chew on for people on their trips home.