Tankery 101: The weapons and world of Girls Und Panzer

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
off_kilter
Experienced Poster

Tankery 101: The weapons and world of Girls Und Panzer

Post by off_kilter »

Hi everyone! Fresh off the heels of the recent Girls Und Panzer Der Film release in Japan comes this panel dedicated to the time honored, most feminine and delicate of all women's school activities MOCK TANK BATTLES!!! :P

With this panel we will disect the intricacies makes up the world of Girls Und Panzer, the rich historical background that makes up its featured schools, and a brief overview of the evolution of armored warfare from its humble WWI origins to today.
off_kilter
Experienced Poster

Re: Tankery 101: The weapons and world of Girls Und Panzer

Post by off_kilter »

Hi! I just wanted to thank everyone for attending, and I'm glad so many of you enjoyed it! I really didn't expect all that many people to attend nor did I expect all that many people come up to me at the end to express their appreciation. You guys are the reason I keep doing these panels in the first place and knowing you get so much enjoyment and entertainment makes me want to keep on doing them.

Now for regrets...

Forgetting the tank goodie bag at home on friday. I am so glad so many of you showed up to my Kancolle panel the next day to get rewarded. God bless you my fellow history buffs and your panel loyalty. :P

My friend getting stagefright right before the panel started. He was a huge help in the production of the panel and he was all set to cohost when I think he got intimidated by the crowd. This was his first AB and con in general and I think he got a little overwhelmed. I feel bad for putting him on the spot though, and was relieved when he came back though. :)

Not including a slide explaining the different measurement designations each country used historically for their tanks. For example the US tended to milimeters, the Germans centimeters, and the British had their own unique "pounder" system that was originally based on the weight of the shot being fired and had pretty much lost all meaning by WWII.

Fix the damn slide where I refer to the Sherman Firefly's gun as a 20 pounder instead of a 17 pounder. For me this is one of those bang your head on the desk "stupid, stupid, STUPID!" moments and I honestly have no clue how I missed it. :P

So then anybody got any comments or concerns? Maybe things they'd like to see in future of this panel?