Panel App Decisions?

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
fancyduckie
Veteran Poster

Panel App Decisions?

Post by fancyduckie »

Hi there,

Not trying to seem too impatient, but when should we expect to be hearing back about panel applications?
AB 2022 Lineup
Friday AM: Dancer Class Dorothea
Friday PM: Strawberry Trapper Mari
Saturday: Gwendolyn Valkyrie
Sunday: Pirate Kotori
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Re: Panel App Decisions?

Post by tehscribbles »

7. When will I hear about the status of my panel?
You should expect to hear back about your panel submission around mid-February; this will indicate if your panel has been accepted, wait-listed, or rejected.

You can check out the panel FAQ here. :)
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
fancyduckie
Veteran Poster

Post by fancyduckie »

Sorry, just saw that some people had already been approved, which is why I was confused.
AB 2022 Lineup
Friday AM: Dancer Class Dorothea
Friday PM: Strawberry Trapper Mari
Saturday: Gwendolyn Valkyrie
Sunday: Pirate Kotori
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I just got word 3 of mine were waitlisted and assume the 4th has/will be slotted because of what it's about =O

Based on the current trend, I think most will know for sure by the end of the first week of March if their Panel will be slotted or Waitlisted.

I've already gone ahead and made it known in the past I don't mind having some of my panels on standby in case someone who was slotted cancels or no-shows during the con weekend. I'm just flexible like that XD

...That said, I think a way to help mitigate no-shows is require all non-guest of honor panelists to check in with the programming department Thursday night (someone could be stationed at a table at Registration) or Friday ahead of when the panel is scheduled to begin so they know they're there and if they're still good to go.

Whoever doesn't check in is contacted. If they can't be contacted, they're replaced with someone who is waitlisted.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^