LGBT manga/anime panel

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
sonja23
I'm new!

LGBT manga/anime panel

Post by sonja23 »

Hello, totally my first time participating in this community. I live and work in Japan but will most likely be in Boston during this period, and this looks like a fun event! I do research on LGBT issues in Japan, and thought that having a panel about this could be fun. Would anyone be interested in joining?

If you are interested in some of my work, you can have a look at my Academia.edu page:
https://hit-u.academia.edu/SPFDale

Also, I was very, very briefly quoted in this article (as Sonja Dale; not so much to brag but rather to link you to an article that could be interesting!):
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/09/30/man ... me-comics/

I am a total newbie to this conference, so if you have any ideas/suggestions about this panel just let me know!

(edit: used the word "q u e e r" but for some reason it becomes "Takei" when published? In any case, edited to LGBT instead)
Ashleigh
Getting the hang of this...

Re: LGBT manga/anime panel

Post by Ashleigh »

This sounds really interesting, I'm going for my major in communication and am very interested in the sociological aspect of things. I am a full supporter of LGBT, although I wouldn't be considered part of the community, being cis female.
-Ashleigh
witchboyofboston
Experienced Poster

Post by witchboyofboston »

I would love to attend a panel like this! I am part of this community and this'll be my fourth time attending. In the past, I feel it's been more of a voyeuristic perspective rather than a cultural one. I try to avoid the panels that are just a hentai type deal. Please bring your academic insight to the con! :D
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

As a very involved member of the LGBTQ+ community, I'd be very interested! It sounds like a really cool panel.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul