It's all a Pokespiracy WE ARE BACK

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

It's all a Pokespiracy WE ARE BACK

Post by Mama Undertaker »

WE ARE BACK!!!! He Have new theories, and conspiracies to share with you! We will have pokemon trainers talking to you about the world of pokemon and its dirty little secrets. Last year we filled our little panel room and had to turn people away. But this year we are in a bigger room Panel Room A, so we hope to have enough room for all of you this time! We will be at 1:45pm Sunday after Chess! Can't wait to see you there!!!
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: It's all a Pokespiracy WE ARE BACK

Post by Aurabolt »

Sounds interesting. I have Panel A the night before for my own Pokemon Panel. I'll see if I can drop by XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: It's all a Pokespiracy WE ARE BACK

Post by Aurabolt »

I attended and sat in the front row. I gotta be brutally honest. As I said in my blog post:

Huge waste of my time. It was an exercise in stupidity. The 3-person panel focused on talking about their bizarre, nonsensical theories on various mechanics and stuff from the Pokemon Universe. The random Sylveon gag they kept pulling every 2-3 slides made no sense whatsoever and was very unfunny. I seriously hope that panel doesn’t come back next year.
...Sorry.

As I mentioned at the start of the panel, I did the other Pokemon panel of the weekend the night before in 302/304. Despite the technical problems I had to contend with, for the most part the panel was much more well received. That's what attendees who attended both panels told me, anyway. The fact that I had 2 hours to work with and gave away physical copies of OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire during my panel aside, mine had clear direction. Yours felt all over the place.

My problem was it just wasn't what I was expecting at all. I mean that as a member of the audience, not a panelist. I checked out 15 minutes in and started giving away Pokes to everyone who created trades with me. Of course, my experience and that of the guy sitting next to me who insisted on talking to me almost the whole time are two different things. It just...yeah.

I definitely won't go again next year and I stand by what I said about not wanting the panel as it currently is back next year in its current form.

Again, sorry.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^