Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True (AB2015)

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True (AB2015)

Post by Aurabolt »

...It returns for the 4th year in a row.

Nagisa will be back this year as well. We will also be joined by two other friends per special request. Did I forget to mention the panel will also be 90 minutes long this time? Yes friends, my request for an extra half-hour of power has been APPROVED. So bring a box of tissue. You might just need it. Here are just some of the things you can expect to see this time around:

* Music from the Anime throughout (Of course)
* Video Clips from the Anime
* A special announcement regarding the visual novel
* Free Cosplay Photoshoot during the panel
* A brief discussion on living with challenges.
* A discussion on how to advocate against bullying.
* A brief discussion on Depression.

Those last three in particular are why I requested extra time this year. Not just because I have personal experience with all three areas but I consider ALL of my panels a safe space for everyone. That said, if you identify as Gay/Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgender this is an open invitation to come to this panel. I used the phrase "living with challenges" not exclusively for the LGBT Community but also for those who live intellectual disabilities and special needs.

At the end of the day, we all want to feel we belong. That's what drives me to do this panel.

Now let me remind you of the "homework assignment" I gave last year:

For those looking forward to next year’s panel (pending approval of course), here’s your homework assignment depending on where you are in life or may be by the time AB2015 happens. Just pick all the ones that apply to you:

* If you have teenage children (13-17), be prepared to share your experiences thus far with the same alternatives as above if it applies to you.

* If you have young children (0-12), be prepared to share your experiences thus far with the same alternatives as above if it applies to you.

* If you are expecting and an adult (18+), be prepared to share your hopes, dreams and fears as you prepare for the birth of your new arrival. This applies weather the new addition is by pregnancy or adoption.

* If you are expecting and a teen (under 18), you can chose to talk about your hopes, dreams and fears as toy prepare for the birth of your new arrival.

* If you have lost a child regardless of their age when they died, you can chose to talk about your experience dealing with the loss of a child.

* If you are the parent of a child with an intellectual or cognitive disorder or disability (Dyslexia, Autism, Down Syndrome, etc.), you can chose to talk about your experiences raising your extraordinary child.

* If you know you are adopted and feel comfortable, you can talk about your life experience and how knowing you were adopted may or may not have shaped your life.

Again, just pick the ones that apply to you. If none of them do, interview someone who is expecting or recently had a baby to get their story. Trust me, this is going to make alot of sense come next year =D

And there we go. I know it's alot but hey, this year we have the time to do it all ^_^

Here is the link to the Power Point: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGQly ... sp=sharing

I will let folks in this thread and in the AB Panels Facebook Groups when/if any updates are made. I use Google Drive obviously so...yeah.

Before I forget, here is my recap of how things went last year: https://auraboltsanime.wordpress.com/20 ... come-true/

The panel will be held Sunday, April 5 in room Panel A and will be from 10:00AM to 11:30AM.
Last edited by Aurabolt on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Re: Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True (AB2015)

Post by AbZeroNow »

Congrats on this returning and on getting an extra half hour. I went two years ago to this panel(I was the one that asked you if you had seen Little Busters!).

If it's at a good time, I may stop by.

EDIT: Sunday morning is looking very clear for me so I probably will attend

Aurabolt's blog link to the news he posted: https://auraboltsanime.wordpress.com/20 ... scheduled/
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I have just updated my original post with the time, day and room.

See everyone there ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Bumping this up so folks know it's soon coming!
Aurabolt's Anime Blog