Death to Titans!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Haru
Veteran Poster

Death to Titans!

Post by Haru »

This year's Anime Boston's theme is Kaiju vs. Mecha, and I am assuming command of an elite strike force in Team Mecha. Returning to Anime Boston for my third year as a Veteran Panelist I have but one goal in 2015, to rid the Hynes Convention Center of the Titan scourge with my personal army of battle hardened mecha!

The Kaiju have attacked Anime Boston, that was their first mistake. They sent their elite Titan forces in as the first wave to break through the walls of the convention center, that was their last mistake because instead of Survey Corps cosplayers with 3D maneuvering gear the Titans will find me and my mechanical vanguard waiting for them!

Don't get me wrong, I really did like Attack on Titan, but as a military historian I can tell you that tactically it makes no sense at all. If you are fighting a giant cannibal whose primary weapon is teeth and jaws you are going to want some kind of armor and protection. The answer is mecha, lots and lots of mecha!

I have taken the liberty of assembling my own elite strike force of my favorite mecha to defend humanity from the Titans. After going through the strengths and weaknesses of the Titans I will explain how each unit in my mecha vanguard will annihilate their Titan foe. Then there will be a series of set Titan vs. Mecha battles where you the fans get to decide the outcome (but you all want humanity to win right?)
AB 2018 Featured Panelist!
Mongols Can’t Swim: Touring the Battlefields of the Mongol Invasion of Japan
Gaijins, Girls, and Guns: America in Japanese Pop Culture
Yanderes 2.Oh Hell No! (18+)
Stringed Instruments of Japan
Titans vs. Mecha . . . In Space!
Orange is the new black: Love, Loss, and Science Fiction
The Gundam and the Cross: Religious Symbolism in Gundam Seed
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Re: Death to Titans!

Post by AbZeroNow »

This certainly sounds like fun, and I am firmly on Team Mecha. (Love Gurren Lagann, GaoGaiGar and.....Infinite Stratos).
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
Haru
Veteran Poster

Post by Haru »

An important update from the Staff of AB 2015. The preliminary time for this grand offensive against the Titans is set for 7:45 pm - 8:45 pm on Saturday 4/4. All those wishing to join Team Mecha and assist Menna's Marauders in bringing utter defeat to Team Kaiju as we crush the Titans beneath the might of our mechanical juggernauts should assemble in Panel room A at that time.
AB 2018 Featured Panelist!
Mongols Can’t Swim: Touring the Battlefields of the Mongol Invasion of Japan
Gaijins, Girls, and Guns: America in Japanese Pop Culture
Yanderes 2.Oh Hell No! (18+)
Stringed Instruments of Japan
Titans vs. Mecha . . . In Space!
Orange is the new black: Love, Loss, and Science Fiction
The Gundam and the Cross: Religious Symbolism in Gundam Seed
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can swing over ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Post by AbZeroNow »

I shall attend as a loyal member of Team Mecha. Those Kaiju will never know what hit 'em.
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.