Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Anime Style!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Anime Style!

Post by coolforever »

Well boys and girls, hope you know what your final answer is, because the Anime edition of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" is returning to Anime Boston once again!!!!

Figured I'd make a new topic instead of bumping my old one, especially since I have some exciting stuff to go over.

First off, to everyone that has supported my panel over the last 5 years that I have been running this, I thank you a lot. Without you guys, this panel wouldn't have come as far as it has.

And because of that, I'm happy to say that as of last May, this event is now SPONSORED BY FUNIMATION!!!! :D They have been unbelievably nice in terms of providing prizes for this panel, and I'll be giving away a lot, and I mean A LOT of good stuff this year. From DVD's, to video games, and even to gift cards, there's gonna be quite a lot of big prizes available in this panel.

Here's an example of how the show went when I ran it last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5q9yOg-ao

We have come very, and I mean VERY close to having a $1,000,000 winner on our show over the last several cons, but we haven't had that ultimate winner since Portcon in 2012. So I'm going to be giving away a HUGE prize pack to anyone that can possibly go all the way, and try to win it all! (If you are wondering what that grand prize is, watch some of my previous panel videos :P)

So if you have the guts, the knowledge, and the wits, come down and enjoy the fun with this panel!! :)

The time of this panel has not been announced yet, but I will keep this topic updated as we get closer to the con. :D
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Anime Style!

Post by Aurabolt »

...You sir, are a genius.

Talent like yours is why I advocate for regular panelists to get public recognition by Anime Boston.

You do it because you love what you do and you know you can make alot of people happy. It takes someone special to pull it off. It takes someone with passion to do it every year.

Keep up the good work ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Many thanks :)

And we've been given a GOLDEN time slot, 8 PM on Friday night!!! It's like the Anime prime time schedule for a game show :D

Like I said, we are going to have A LOT of good prizes. Hope to see everyone there!!! :D
Mike Sweeney

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Post by AbZeroNow »

I'll have to sort out whether I want to attend the LiSA concert or your game show as they start at the same time. I watched the whole video of last year's. Don't know about Bleach or Naruto but I do certainly know about other titles.
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Well, not to brag, but you can win some awesome stuff at my panel ;) but either way, I'll be recording the whole panel again and worst case scenario, if you can't make it up, I'll be at a bunch of other cons again this year running the event.

But that being said, I do have a lot of time to work with especially since I have 30 minutes to set up and an extra 30 minutes to break down. Last year I set everything up quickly enough that I actually started 15 minutes early and got a couple extra contestants up. Hopefully I can do the same this time. :D
Mike Sweeney

Flemtee
Expert Poster

Post by Flemtee »

I think I'll finally be able to check this out this year! I must say I do pretty well based off the YouTube videos, haha. But, sitting an watching is really fun as well. Good Luck man!
Andrew Fleming
Co-Creator/Co-Host of Wicked Anime
AB '16 Press
Co-Host of Wicked Anime Presents: Hardcore Anime! 18+ Panel
Co-Host of My Waifu's Not Weird!

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/WickedAnimeReviews
Podcast - http://nerdyshow.com/wickedanime/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/WickedAnime

Website - http://stickfiguredomain.wordpress.com
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I'm happy to say that the panel went AWESOME once again this year. We completely filled the room!

I unfortunately have one small gripe as the video that I took ended up getting blocked 3/4 of the time by someone's really tall head, so I have to do some heavy editing to show everyone online how the panel went.

But that being said, to anyone that was able to attend, anyone have feedback on it? I'd love to hear it. :)
Mike Sweeney

coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzwwIaCYdUc Here's the video if you guys wanna watch the panel :)
Mike Sweeney