Question to my fellow Veteran Panelists

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Question to my fellow Veteran Panelists

Post by Aurabolt »

...Specifically those who submit 4 or more panel applications every year.

Let's say you know without a doubt starting this Sunday, two panels of your chosing would be approved and slotted. Which two panels would you choose and why?

This year I'd pick my Clannad (90 Mins) and Pokemon (120 Mins) panels without a second thought. I've done the first one for 3 straight years and I promised the crowd I will bring it back every year I am a panelist. This year is also the 20th Anniversary of Pokemon so...yeah =O

I started thinking about it after speaking to a couple of folks who are looking to do their first panel this year. Some of us submit many panel applications for approval and in the past, this has created a unique dilemma: Do you slot all of the experienced panelist's submissions over a group of first-timers or do you give the first-timers a chance to shine?

I'm sure deciding what to slot and what not to isn't an easy prospect, more so when it comes down to chosing between an experienced panelist and a newcomer.

...Thoughts?
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^