Maid Cafe Panel!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
bubbletea
Getting the hang of this...

Maid Cafe Panel!

Post by bubbletea »

Hello! I am planning on submitting an application to run a maid café panel this year. It's mostly informational, but I wanted there to be a fun simulation of a maid café as well! Is anyone interested in being an associate panelist?

As an associate panelist you will get to:
Wear a cute maid costume!
Roleplay in the maid cafe simulation that I mentioned!
Help with the informational presentation!

Please leave a comment if you're interested!

Disclaimer: To all AB staff: I am aware that food is not allowed. The simulation will not involve food, nor will it be anything extravagant or in need of rearranging the room in which the panel will be taking place.
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Re: Maid Cafe Panel!

Post by cookiesweet »

Depending when it would be held, I would love to participate too! Even if you just need help in making the informational presentation. This is such a fun panel for the con-goers and it'll interesting to interact in an environment like this. However out of curiosity If you did need me as a maid would you need me bring my own dress? Not that I would mind doing so, i just want to prepare ahead of time. :D
Anime Boston 2013 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor Sakura
Anime Boston 2014 Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden

Anime Boston 2015 Nui Harime from Kill La Kill
Anime Boston 2016 Belldandy from Oh My Goddess and Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara
Anime Boston 2017 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor and Belldandy from Oh My Goddess
Anime Boston 2018Goddess Madoka from Madoka Magica and Blossom from PowerPuff Girls
Anime Boston 2019 Kikyo from Inuyasha, Mori-Senpai from OHSHC, and Lum from Urusei Yatsura
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

cookiesweet wrote:Depending when it would be held, I would love to participate too! Even if you just need help in making the informational presentation. This is such a fun panel for the con-goers and it'll interesting to interact in an environment like this. However out of curiosity If you did need me as a maid would you need me bring my own dress? Not that I would mind doing so, i just want to prepare ahead of time. :D
Yay! I'm so excited! o(^-^)o I was thinking of ordering the maid outfits from ebay. I've already found a listing for a really cute maid outfit that's also inexpensive. Here is what it looks like! And as far as when the panel is going to be held, I know that I want it to be held on Saturday, but I have not yet decided on a preferred time.
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Post by cookiesweet »

I am too! ^ ^ I'll be going all three days so Saturday would be no problem as long as I don't have a cosplay game to attend (If I am chosen that is). Also I the link for the dress is broken nothing is showing up.

Anime Boston 2016 Belldandy from Oh My Goddess and Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara
Anime Boston 2017 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor and Belldandy from Oh My Goddess
Anime Boston 2018Goddess Madoka from Madoka Magica and Blossom from PowerPuff Girls
Anime Boston 2019 Kikyo from Inuyasha, Mori-Senpai from OHSHC, and Lum from Urusei Yatsura
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

cookiesweet wrote:I am too! ^ ^ I'll be going all three days so Saturday would be no problem as long as I don't have a cosplay game to attend (If I am chosen that is). Also I the link for the dress is broken nothing is showing up.
Awesome! Oh and this link should work:http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... vjlSsg.jpg
Also I am going to make a Google doc with the outline of how I want the panel to go. When it is done I can send it to you!
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Post by cookiesweet »

The dress is adorable. :) And that's sounds like a great idea, I'll pm you my email.

ImoutoFever
AB Alumni

Post by ImoutoFever »

Me and some others from the Anime Boston Social group on Facebook have actually been talking about having a maid cafe as a panel with no food. There could be karaoke, dancing, and board games so that it still has that maid cafe charm. It would be really cute if the maids all had their own maid personas with different anime archetypes. I'm a big fan of little sisters myself, heheh!
I would love to be a part of this if it happens, but I already have my own maid dress, would this be okay?Image
zekamashi

Post by zekamashi »

Oh hello! I am very interested in becoming an associate to this panel! I already own 2 maid outfits and am very familiar to how a regular maid cafe is run. If you would like any more information I will leave my email in your direct messages! I hope to be working with you all! ❤ ( I will be attending anime Boston all 3 days and I am already pre registered! )
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Post by cookiesweet »

iiKagoKitty wrote:Me and some others from the Anime Boston Social group on Facebook have actually been talking about having a maid cafe as a panel with no food. There could be karaoke, dancing, and board games so that it still has that maid cafe charm. It would be really cute if the maids all had their own maid personas with different anime archetypes. I'm a big fan of little sisters myself, heheh!
I would love to be a part of this if it happens, but I already have my own maid dress, would this be okay?]
I think the idea that we each have our own anime archetypes is perfect! It stays true to what most maid cafes are like in Japan and it'll give the panel some personality, so I'm definitely on board with that and I think bubbletea will be too. As for the dress, bubbletea will have to make the call, but I think she'd be fine with it, especially since it's so cute! ^ ^ I can't help but be reminded of Kuroneko from Oreimo. I think I'll be wearing my own maid dress too if she's alright with it.

cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Post by cookiesweet »

zekamashi wrote:Oh hello! I am very interested in becoming an associate to this panel! I already own 2 maid outfits and am very familiar to how a regular maid cafe is run. If you would like any more information I will leave my email in your direct messages! I hope to be working with you all! ❤ ( I will be attending anime Boston all 3 days and I am already pre registered! )
It's nice to have you aboard! And anyone with any sort of experience is most definitely welcome. ^ ^ Bubbletea has been busy but (< that's a bit of a tongue twister lol) don't be worried if she doesn't respond too quickly.

zekamashi

Post by zekamashi »

cookiesweet wrote:
zekamashi wrote:Oh hello! I am very interested in becoming an associate to this panel! I already own 2 maid outfits and am very familiar to how a regular maid cafe is run. If you would like any more information I will leave my email in your direct messages! I hope to be working with you all! ❤ ( I will be attending anime Boston all 3 days and I am already pre registered! )
It's nice to have you aboard! And anyone with any sort of experience is most definitely welcome. ^ ^ Bubbletea has been busy but (< that's a bit of a tongue twister lol) don't be worried if she doesn't respond too quickly.
No worries, I'm in no rush! This will be so much fun ❤
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Post by cookiesweet »

I know! I'm so excited! I also have one more friend who would like to join if that's alright with you bubbletea!

jennadorables

Post by jennadorables »

If this happens I would love to be involved somehow! I have a lot of acting/cosplay experience and I have always wanted to participate in a maid cafe. I'll direct message my email as well!
SingingDancingActingCosplay

Anime Boston 2013
Yuri Nakamura - Angel Beats

Anime Boston 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Anime Boston 2015
Friday - Glaceon - Pokemon
Saturday - Atsuko Maeda the 13th - AKB0048
Sunday - The Female Doctor - Doctor Who

♥Click here and follow me on tumblr ♥
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

Hey, ladies! I am excited to see that you all are interested in the Maid Café 101 panel. However, the deadline for submitting the application was February 1st and I needed to have had all of the associate panelist's contact information by then, which I did not. I should have gotten things moving along much sooner, but I have been so busy >_<

Anyway, seeing how excited you guys are, I contacted the AB Panel Programming Manager about maybe submitting a late application or somehow fitting a no-food maid café into the programming. I know it's a stretch, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to try, and besides I really, really want to make this happen. If you want, I can still send all of you the Google doc. It was actually already in the works to have each of the maids portray a different archetype (I call tsundere! hehe) All of the details regarding that and everything else are in the document. Worst case scenario, if it turns out that we are not able to host the maid café panel, then I hope that we could do it next year. If you want, maybe try sending an additional email to the AB Panel Programming manager? Although, I don't know, that might be a little obnoxious. Anyway, please let me know what you think about (hopefully) moving forward with this.

Oh, and I am totally okay with everyone wearing their own maid outfits, by the way!
jennadorables

Post by jennadorables »

If we can't run one this year I would still be happy to participate during future years! I'm not sure how strict Anime Boston is with their deadlines, but it can't hurt to try. Thanks for keeping us updated
SingingDancingActingCosplay

Anime Boston 2013
Yuri Nakamura - Angel Beats

Anime Boston 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Anime Boston 2015
Friday - Glaceon - Pokemon
Saturday - Atsuko Maeda the 13th - AKB0048
Sunday - The Female Doctor - Doctor Who

♥Click here and follow me on tumblr ♥
zekamashi

Post by zekamashi »

I am 100% for this and it seems like a lot of people support the idea already! Keep us updated on what they say, I'm also not sure how strict they are but let's hope that we can make this happen! That would be highly appreciated if you send the google docs but I'm in no rush, especially since we don't have the confirmation yet but we can only hope!
ImoutoFever
AB Alumni

Post by ImoutoFever »

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to let you all know that they're taking applications for panels now. Lets make this happen this year!
Anime Boston 2016
Friday - Taiga Aisaka (ToraDora)
Saturday - Cyber!Nico Yazawa (Love Life)
Sunday - Callie (Splatoon)
Day2Day

Post by Day2Day »

Hi!

Uhhh, being male (I don't think that's quite what we're going for, but I'm totally down to rock the maid outfit!), I don't know if I could participate as a maid, but I just went to Tokyo last month, so I'd be able to provide some information on how the maid cafes in Tokyo work and just give my personal experience, if that'd be helpful to you, if you're interested!

(I'm the black guy.)
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

Hello everyone. It is I, bubbletea, who started this thread! I still really want to make this happen. So I will be making a googledoc for us to gather ideas and I will post the link here or send it via email, whatever works best! Anyone is welcome to be a maid, even if you're a male!
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

Day2Day wrote:Hi!

Uhhh, being male (I don't think that's quite what we're going for, but I'm totally down to rock the maid outfit!), I don't know if I could participate as a maid, but I just went to Tokyo last month, so I'd be able to provide some information on how the maid cafes in Tokyo work and just give my personal experience, if that'd be helpful to you, if you're interested!

(I'm the black guy.)
Yes, everyone who is interested is welcome!
ImoutoFever
AB Alumni

Post by ImoutoFever »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20115 I made a new topic on this so we have a fresh canvas to work on!!
Anime Boston 2016
Friday - Taiga Aisaka (ToraDora)
Saturday - Cyber!Nico Yazawa (Love Life)
Sunday - Callie (Splatoon)
bubbletea

Post by bubbletea »

Here is the link to the google doc! Feel free to add anything that you think might be helpful!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jPc ... sp=sharing
Alyss
Expert Poster

Post by Alyss »

I would love to participate as a maid I have been a maid in several con cafes this is my more recent uniform but I have a few ^^ So if there is a process to help I would love to audition~
(`・ω・´) ANIME BOSTON 2016 (`・ω・´)
Friday Wedding Maki
Saturday: Weiss schnee (RWBY)
Sunday: Love live school uniform ( Maki or Kotori)

My Tumblr:
http://tsukimii-chan.tumblr.com/
Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh »

I'd totally be willing to help out and be an associate. It sounds fun, and I'm a pretty good public speaker so It's right up my ally.
-Ashleigh
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

If you guys still want to plan one for the future or are doing the panel this year, I would definitely like to participate! I have my own maid dress and a basic understanding of how maid cafes work. I am also good with people and quite friendly. I have no stage fright whatsoever. I am sure I have friends who would also like to participate.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul