Aurabolt's AB2014 Panels: Clannad, Persona 4 & Court Records

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Aurabolt's AB2014 Panels: Clannad, Persona 4 & Court Records

Post by Aurabolt »

The wait will soon be over. I announced this in later posts but once again, here are the three panels I'm doing this coming weekend at AB2014:

1. Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True (60 Mins): I will play clips from some episodes (I'm using the DVD Set I own for this) duriing the panel. The quiz will not return but I will throw in some random facts about Clannad throughout the slideshow. A special guest will be joining me on the stage for this year's edition of the panel. Who is it? You'll have to come to find out!

The panel will be on Sunday in room 206 and starts at 10:30AM.

2. Court Records: Ace Attorney (90 Mins) will be more or less like how I did it last year plus info on Dual Destinies, and select scenes from the Ace Attorney movie (worth checking out in my opinion, mind you). Cosplayers get automatic VIP status!

The panel will be on Sunday in room Panel C and starts at 12:30PM.

3. Persona 4: Pursuing my True Self (60 Mins) is my new panel this year. Once again I intend to Main Event the Saturday night panel block this year. Those who saw my Clannad panels the last two years know I make sure all who come to my panels leave satisfied. It goes without saying this will be one to remember.

The panel will be on Saturday in Room Panel A and starts at 10:00PM.

That's it for this year.

Next year? Sometime this weekend I will post my plans for AB2015 on my Wordpress blog. Keep checking in as I will post updates throughout the weekend in this thread and on my blog =D

See you this weekend!
Last edited by Aurabolt on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Re: My Panel plans for AB2014: Co-Panelists WANTED

Post by Ugly Bob »

sent you a PM about this awhile ago.

The Fire Emblem Awakening one sounds intriguing, and something I would be interested in. As a longtime fan of the series, I had meant to discuss it at my RPG panel this year, but forgot to set aside time. This sounds like the perfect way to fix that, and perhaps parlay it into making people fans of the rest of the series in a larger context.

Hope to hear from you!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Just letting folks I am now registered for AB2014 so I am definitely going to be there. I still need help with a few panels so if you're interested let me know!
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I have just submitted my panel applications for both panels I did at AB 2013 I will do again at AB2014 (hopefully): Court Records: Ace Attorney and Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True.

I am definitely going to give the Persona and Fire Emblem panels a shot too =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

This year marks the 10th Anniversary of its release in North America (on the Gamecube). It was released in Japan in 2003 but there was no mention of it at AB2013 but anyways. The other reason I'm bringing this up is Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is being released next month on the PS3. It contains the original game plus Dawn of the New World, which was originallly released on the Wii.

If there is any interest (oh, I'm sure there is), I'm willing to make it a panel in addition to the four I already submitted last month XD

All I need to know is if anyone would like to be a co-panelist. I'm planning to make it 90 minutes long on Friday evening and it would be awesome if I could get a co-panelist ^_^

Here's what I have in mind for the panel itself:

* Minimum 30 minutes of gameplay footage (from the Gamecube version).
* Music from the the game(s).
* Footage from the Anime (Tales of Symphonia: The Animation)
* An original digital storybook of the first game's plot (Power Point).
* Open Mic for folks to talk about their memories of the game.

I'm gonna do it. I'm getting excited just thinking about it ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Post by DistortedGenjitsu »

Hey any update on the Clannad panel this year as to when it is or anything else ^_^ ?
AB-2013-Grell Sutcliff, Nagisa Furakawa.

Ab2014
Saturday- Winry Rockbell/ Tamaki Suoh
Sunday - Nagisa Furakawa , Hinata Hideki

Ab2015 - Friday - Kurome, Hinata Hideki
Saturday-Konoha and Kuroha
Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas
(Hanayo , Kuroha, Hachikuji ,)

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Still waitinh to find out if it will be approved or not. As of two weeks ago it has been waitlisted.

It will be in the same 8PM-9PM time slot as as the last two years should it be approved though.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Ohh alright hope it gets approved this year !

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

If the Persona panel gets in, I now two certain people who faked their way through a Persona panel last year who might want to revisit the topic via open conversation with another certain panelist who loves the game.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Haha, that sounds...embarrassing XD

I'm keeping the focus on Persona 4. I've only played the Vita version and the extra content is 100% optional. There will be music from the game and scenes from the Anime shown. I will also talk about the Psychology of Persona. For reasons I'm not revelaing until the panel itself, let's just say I'm an expert in the area of the Persona.

As is a traiditon of mine, I'll have the full powerpoint (minus the videos and music for legal reasons) I'm going to use for all of my panels available for download as soon as I know they're approved. I do it more or less to prove to folks I know what I'm doing =O

Then again, the powerpoint's just one part of the show ^_^

As of today the waiting game is sitll on in regards to panel approval. One thing I think would be helpful is if there was a Best Practices info session for folks looking to do a panel. I'm thinking of setting one up next year if I can get Lou to be on the panel.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

It was a fun panel last year, but owing to a computer crash, we lost the PPT right before the con, and gave it off the outline we had on my phone. Mostly mythology connecting the games together, some talk about psychology, the modern yomi, archetypal storytelling. We also went into a lot of games in the MegaTen series in addition to P3 and 4. All in all, we filled a late night hour pretty well.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That sucks. It's the main reason I bought a new computer in late 2012. My Laptop got a tuneup last week so I should be in good shape for the con.

I just got confirmation my Court Records: Ace Attorney panel has been approved and slotted for AB2014. It will be on Sunday at 12:30PM in room Panel C. It's the same room my Clannad panel was in last year on Saturday night. Should be fun ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Another update:

My Clannad Panel has been APPROVED =D

So now I'm 2/3 in the panel count.

I withdrew my Tales of Symphonia panel AFTER it was approved a short time ago. The reason: I haven't even started working on the powerpoint yet >.>;

So now that my Court Records panel was approved I will write the script for the skit I'm going to run so the actors will have something to work with this year. My Clannad panel's good to go. Still holding out hope my Persona 4 one will be approved XD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

YES! The Clannad panel was accepted any idea on times yet? I can't wait for the panel again! ^.^

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Both of my panels will be on Sunday. Tell your friends not to leave early next weekend!

Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True will be at 10:30AM in room 206. It will go for an hour.

Court Records: Ace Attorney will be at 12:30PM in room Panel C. It will go for 90 minutes.

This is my third year doing my Clannad Panel and my Second year doing the Court Records Panel.

I will play some of one episode and all of another episode of Clannad. No, I'm not going to say which episodes ahead of time but I do have the Anime DVD sets. Major spoils for those who haven't seen it but given I'm going to put this panel on hiatus for the next year or two, I figure I make this one a year to remember =O

The skit I did last year will be back but I will have a script this time for the actors. I will also play two scenes from the Ace Attorney movie (WOOT!) direct from You Tube.

This weekend, I will provide links to the powerpoints so that folks will have access to 'em ahead of the con. I will put the download links for my powerpoints in my first post once they're up.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Ohha alright sounds good! I guess i wont be doing Nagisa for the panel But im definitely looking forward to gong with my Angel Beats group ahaha ^_^

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

But I love cosplayers!

Ok, new rule starting this year for my panel(s): If you cosplay at my panel as the theme character you can opt to join me on stage. It'll be first come, first served and you may or may not be asked to be in character while on stage =O
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Ill see what i can do! I really want to go as Nagisa now cause that sounds really fun
^.^ So i most likely will now that the schedule came out and everything is well placed. Oh if only i could bring my little cousin as Ushio. aha Well im definitely looking forward to this panel! :D

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That would be so awesome =O

The schedule's live so I hope you can make it as Nagisa!
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Since your panel is early i think i most definelty can haha :D Would it be like a question and answer thing or just to help you with the panel ? ^^

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

A little of both possibly.

I hope you're still interested. I feel giddy just thinking about it.

There is nothing like knowing 75 to 200 people came to the convention to see your panel at Anime Boston. It's an AWESOME feeling. Ask anyone who's gotten in front of a crowd and they'll tell you more of the same.

You never forget that moment =D

EDIT: I just saw your Swap Meet List. Do you have Season 1 of Clannad? If not, I'm willing to make a deal with you =O
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Yep definitely interested and excited to help with the panel ^.^ I dont have season 1 of Clannad what are you interested in swapping for?

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Just come to my panel as Nagisa and it's yours :D :D :D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Really! Thats way too kind of you. ^.^ Thanks a bunch! Ill even see if i can bring Fuko.

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Actually I'm gonna have to take back my offer. I just inked a deal to do my Clannad panel at the school where I work next month and will need the DVD set for the panel.

Sorry >.<;
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Skylercat
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Skylercat »

I'm happy to hear you're doing this panel on Sunday! I couldn't make it to the panel last year due to the Touhou Project panel! But I will be coming this year!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Just wanted to share some breaking news:

My Persona 4 Panel has been added to the Schedule!

It wil be Saturday night at 10PM in room Panel A =D

Oh, the FUN to be had XD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Ohh alright thats alright! Anyway cant wait till the panel ! :D

Ab2014

Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Aurabolt's AB2014 Panels: Clannad, Persona 4 & Court Rec

Post by Aurabolt »

I just lost my hotel room this morning.

The person I was going to room with texted me this morning to say something came up and they're not coming anymore. Fortunately they remembered to refund the amount we agreed on for the room via PayPal. I live in Hyde Park, which is almost 8 Miles from the Hynes Convention Center.

I took at look at the schedules for the Orange Line and the #32 Bus and I have determined I should be able to make it home after my panel ends. I wasn't planning to stick around after my panel anyway plus I will be getting my $96.50 deposit for the hotel room back between tomorrow and Sunday for the dealers' room =O

Of course, this also means I have extra motivation to finish my Persona 4 panel tonight since I'm leaving right after work tomorrow to register for the con xD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog