My Panel Plans for Anime Boston 2013

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

My Panel Plans for Anime Boston 2013

Post by Aurabolt »

Before I continue, if you attended either of my panels this year please provide feedback. Here are the links:

Clannad: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15078

Fan Fiction: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15103

Next year I will definitely be doing the same Fanfiction Panel I did this year. Hopefully I'll get the same time slot. A few people expressed interest in being Co-Panelists. I'm open to that but until they get in touch with me I'm planning to do it solo again. I will also request 90 minutes since an hour was barely enough time!

I'm going to tweak the Clannad panel next year. The discussion aspect was effective but there was 25 minutes I had to cheat to fill. To top it off a third of the audience left when the singalong started. One of the things I'm defintiely going to do is go into the VN a bit more. There's definitely more I could've done but now that I've had time to followup stuff, I'll apply what I learned. The time slot will likely be the same as this year or Friday morning.

Finally, I'm looking to do a third panel in addition to the other two. I'm considering doing a hybrid of Fire Emblem and the Tales of Games. I'd definitely want someone to do it with, though.

That's what I've got at the moment. Of course AB2013 is 13 months from now. If things change I'll update this thread =D
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Re: My Panel Plans for Anime Boston 2013

Post by Bluebeard45 »

I'm really hoping you're able to do the Clannad panel again next year. I would've gone this year but I was with my gf who hasn't seen it yet and I didn't want anything spoiled for her. (BTW- Whoever did that Clannad AMV that was in the contest did an excellent job of selecting scenes that conveyed meaning to people who have seen it, but didn't spoil anything for those who haven't. Bravo.) This offseason I'll watch it with her so we can go to the panel next year!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I'm still looking for feedback from those who came to my panels. Close to 100 People came to see my panels this year. Feedback will help for a more meaningful experience next year. It's not been 3 months And I've only gotten feedback from 6 people. I think I've been more than patient at this point. I will be passing out paper forms next year to get feedback. I need the data to know how to give you a better experience.

It would've been one thing if no one showed up but both of of my panels had a big turnout 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

I'm still around! I just haven't been checking the AB forums as frequently, ahaha. Sorry!

I still have the notes I took on my phone from the fanfiction panel, and I have more resources for coming up with interesting topics than I know what to do with. I'm still up for helping if you're still up for letting me. C:
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I'm compling some of what I plan to go over next year on my Fan Fiction Blog. Here is the link: http://auraboltsfanfiction.wordpress.com/

I've been reading ALOT of comprehensive articles on the topic of Mary Sues in particular. When I make the time I plan on linking the ones I remembered to bookmark from my Fan Fiction Blog.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Necro-rezzing this thread so folks know what's to come in three months =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

My Clannad panel's been confirmed for AB 2013. Waiting to find out if my other two panel submissions are accepted before I request the thread be locked.

I want to refer you to each panel's corresponding topic. For example I just necro-rezzed my Clannad panel discussion topic. Feel free to post there regarding that panel now.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Final Necro-Rez...

ALL of my panels are confirmed for AB2013! I have just put the finishing touches on all three of my powerpoints (one for each panel). All that's left is to do it and I can't wait!

Also, this year I will be providing a paper survey for folks to fill out after each panel. It's a one-pager and straightforward, don't worry. I didn't get much feedback last year and so I will be taking steps steps this year to get some input from the audience =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

Im gonna try to check out your fanfic one this year. I just started writing a fanfic last week, and could use some added perspective.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Weather you're new to Fanfiction or a vet, there's something for everyone =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog