AB2012 Panel & Workshop Application open

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Re: AB2012 Panel & Workshop Application open

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Gale wrote:
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Small update. As I mentioned earlier, the guest panel schedule is now finished (though guest relations will handle announcing/publicizing/etc. them). Therefore, I'll spend some time tonight and tomorrow night (all hail our god Caffeine) rounding out the fan panel schedule. Also, after discussing things with some senior programming staff, we're going to reduce the gap between panels to 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes, unless it's a particularly large panel or we require something like ID checks or whatnot. This should increase the total number of panels scheduled.
That sounds like a fantastic compromise. Gives time to turn over the room, but also doesn't eat up as much time.
Yeah, some of the panels will still have 30 minute gaps, either because we couldn't find a way to squeeze something in or we figure it may be a popular panel that will require the extra time. I'm also mostly sticking to 30 minute gaps in the larger rooms as those may take more time to empty and fill.

Anyway, I'm about 80%-90% done with scheduling right now. I should be finishing it up tonight. After proofreading to make sure I didn't make any mistakes like scheduling a 90-minute panel in a 60-minute slot (it's happened before -- I'm only human), I'll send out all the notifications of acceptances and reschedules (a LOT of panels were rescheduled -- partly because of reducing gaps to 15 minutes, partly to promote them to larger rooms as other panels that I felt wouldn't be as popular were scheduled for the same time, and partly due to advice from AB security staff to make their jobs a bit easier) in one big batch, also probably tonight.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Quick question Lou, I just got the message that one of my panels got rejected (my Who wants to be a millionaire panel) but one was accepted (the gaki no tsukai panel)

I'm guessing this isn't possible, but is there any way this could be switched so that I could run my millionaire panel instead of my gaki no tsukai panel? I'm fine with the time slot I was given for my panel in general, but I wasn't sure if anything can be switched at this point. Thanks.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Well... the Millionaire panel was rated lower by the selection committee than your other panel, which is why it was rejected. We honestly thought that your Gaku no Tsukai panel was a better panel to host at the con.
Autographs Staff 2022-

My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I can understand that, but the thing is that, a lot of people did compliment my Millionaire panel at AAC and it made me really want to host it at AB much more than the Gaki no Tsukai panel.

I can still run the Gaki no Tsukai panel no problem, though I really did want to host the millionaire panel much more. But I'm guessing nothing can be changed at this point? I guess worst case scenario if you can't change anything, I can still come prepared for any last minute cancellations if you want my contact info. But I'd like to know first if everything is in stone up to this point, cause I would still prefer to host the Millionaire panel over the Gaki No tsukai panel if I could.
Mike Sweeney

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Okay, you win, you can have your millionaire panel. I won't send out a new notification about it though, so just remember for now it's at the same time.

You'll get another letter with last minute panel information later on. That letter will have the correct info.
Autographs Staff 2022-

coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

OMG THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D :D :D :D :D

I'm going to make sure I thank you at the convention itself :D

Now, if you still want my contact info in case there is a last minute cancellation, I can give it to you if you want me to see if I could run my gaki no tsukai panel. Want me to give it to you?

Thank you so much again, I'm so excited now :D
Mike Sweeney

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Please do. Send it to panels at animeboston dot com please. :)
Autographs Staff 2022-

FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption »

Thank you Lou. I look forward to running my panel at Anime Boston. <3
Potential Cosplays for 2022
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Archon Rex Lapis/Zhongli (Genshin Impact)
Nikaido (DoroheDoro) *maybe*
Gale
Veteran Poster

Post by Gale »

Sad that only half my 2-part Cosplay Safety series was accepted...I really prefer to run them as a pair, but one is better than none! I'll prepare an extra slide, a preview of "Part 2" if you will, and on the off chance my planned material runs short I can flesh it out with the extra info. My costume plans are eating up so much time as it is, it's probably better I only have one panel to prepare at this point anyway.
jamesawolf@comcast.net
Expert Poster

Post by jamesawolf@comcast.net »

I am getting a 404 error.
jamesawolf@comcast.net
Expert Poster

Post by jamesawolf@comcast.net »

I am getting a 404 error.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Rossum wrote:I am getting a 404 error.
Sorry, that form was for 2012 and has been removed. The 2013 form should be up in the next week or so. We'll have it announced then and a new thread. Locking for now.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!